F-14 Release Date Discussion Thread

zhujiammy

Ok, I begin the countdown in days.

Is it the... FINAL countdown?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christ on a bike.

You have a never-exceed deadline date. They've said they'll release before if possible. How is that not any clearer?

Your speculations and wild ass guesses accomplish NOTHING.

Your impatience accomplishes NOTHING.

Your demands accomplish NOTHING.

And yet the same tired litany.

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

:thumbup:

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Dear Heatblur,

Please for all that is holy aim for a march 13 release. If the servers crash, or the office gets hit by a meteor, or ED uploads the wrong version it gives you a week to fix things. Because if March 21 rolls around and something goes wrong with the release.... I don't even want to imagine.

Nobody has any official informations in this thread, beside March 21st... (And I still assuem that it is not THIS official, its just a date that has to be entered in Steam)

The "only one plane in EA" is just my personal guess as no dev has two EA aircrafts.

Razbam wanted to release the Mig19 and ED stopped it due quality. So only one aircraft in EA (Harrier) when they release the Mig19 as full release.

As a side note, who in Celestia's sake uses Steam for DCS? rdlaugh.png

As for release dates on Steam, I just say "Feb 15th 2018" pinkiepieexcited.png

Cobra's "end date" is the 20th BTW. He basically said if a day later there still is no cat, we could sharpen our pitchforks rainbowdashwink.png

And IIRC RAZBAM had both the Harrier and the Mirage in EA alongside for ages. BST as well with their choppers, which still aren't finished to date (lack of training missions...), just detagged when they became part of ED twilightsmile.png

how do you know he's in a chair? Maybe he's reading the forums in the back of his limousine...smilewink.gif

He was sitting in the RIO's pit all day while we've been waiting for the first pics. And now he took over the Tornado's WSO position dealwithit.png

MORE SALT

edit - Seriously though, we need people to get saltier.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS5G2qB__QN2c-nhM8IHG4tFHGSmXfrIBBaY8aOWk-vh-hsVcFS

I’ve got it! Someone worked out how to turn whine into water!

Yeah, like this:

jhr6yyi2.gif

Whining and crying -> tears. They're salty BTW rdlaugh.png

I work to live, I dont live to work. pilotfly.gif

Like this... problem is when the revenue isn't enough, then you basically end up with your sentence turned around, which is in fact... fact for the vast majority of people still lyra.png

The devs are working their arses off to give you a great product. The rest is mostly self-generated drama.

They don't even sleep. I mean they've got a full time job which is like 9 hours (including break) + get there and get back home, then doing the same amount of time for us (=F-14), real life, family and just 5 seconds of breathing in between all of that. If there's more than 2 or 3 hours left for sleeping, it's a miracle or they've got days with more than 24 hours dealwithit.png

... or the office gets hit by a meteor...

Happened already rdlaugh.png

avatars-000297817866-aet6me-t200x200.jpg

Edited by Eldur

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

As for release dates on Steam, I just say "Feb 15th 2018"

Proofreading is fundamental. That date was over a year ago. :)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

As a side note, who in Celestia's sake uses Steam for DCS?

Myself cause I love the features of steam, and also a fast increasing playerbase:

attachment.php?attachmentid=204806&stc=1&d=1550648053

Maybe more then you thought? ;)

As for release dates on Steam, I just say "Feb 15th 2018" pinkiepieexcited.png

Actually, it say "Winter 2019", but yes, you are correct, they entered at first Feb. 15th.

And IIRC RAZBAM had both the Harrier and the Mirage in EA alongside for ages. BST as well with their choppers, which still aren't finished to date (lack of training missions...), just detagged when they became part of ED twilightsmile.png

As I said I GUESSED, otherwise I would not have an explanation why Razbam have to hold back the Mig19 and HB wants to release the Viggen out of EA.

However, I'm looking forward to the Tomcat.

But I would like Heatblur to deliver a working module without rushing it, and still enough time for their families. If it takes longer because of that reasons, I'm absolutely fine with it...

Unbenannt.JPG.cd2c9fa8e08310b6ca192d69afc45e93.JPG

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I prefer this version... More dramatic, like this thread needs. :thumbup:

${1}

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Anyone wanna bet that the Mueller report comes out before the Tomcat?

Oh good, just what this contentious thread needs POLITICS!!! :cry:

Myself cause I love the features of steam, and also a fast increasing playerbase:

Maybe more then you thought? ;)

I use Steam myself. Its just so relaxing when it updates everything in background, you dont need to log in with your ED acc, just start steam and everything is fine. I know the Devs get a little bit less of the cake since I bought all my modules in steam, but its convinient. As I mentioned once, if the prizes were like 10% higher, I still would buy on steam...

Whoa, I think that Cat is above max trap weight...

It ate its enemys. like the tomcat will do megalol.gif

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Whatever it takes to keep this thread alive, e.g. my tomcat :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=204890&stc=1&d=1550777673

Awww, now I want a pet penguin too :cry:

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

I use Steam myself. Its just so relaxing when it updates everything in background, you dont need to log in with your ED acc, just start steam and everything is fine. I know the Devs get a little bit less of the cake since I bought all my modules in steam, but its convinient. As I mentioned once, if the prizes were like 10% higher, I still would buy on steam...

you launch DCS standalone and it updates in the background.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I wonder if the release date will be announced in the weekly news...

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Yup another mostly happy steam user. Except I wish I had more control over the updates since it screws up mods.

Yup another mostly happy steam user. Except I wish I had more control over the updates since it screws up mods.

You can always disable the automatic update feature (Right click on the game in the library --> updates --> automatic updates --> ........ at this point i realized, that it is not more possible, to turn off the automatic updates? wtf o_O

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

This... in many cases it's convenient, yes. In other ones, like KSP, it's just a total pain in the plot. Personally I don't mind Steam at all, but if it's possible to run things without, I do. Especially in the case of DCS, any extra software in the background takes away valuable resourcess off of DCS. And I wouldn't want to wait any extra for modules twilightsmile.png

You can always disable the automatic update feature (Right click on the game in the library --> updates --> automatic updates --> ........ at this point i realized, that it is not more possible, to turn off the automatic updates? wtf o_O

Have been there as well and for a moment I thought I had dreamt it was possible rdlaugh.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg