VR Performance and WUDFHost

KidCharlemagne

Hello all,

I'm out of ideas and could use some input.

I play DCS on a Lenovo Explorer, and enjoy it tremendously other than the intermittent drops to the SteamVR loading screen. I spent some time playing with Resource Monitor and Task Manager open, and noticed that the dropouts seemed to coincide with short periods of 100% disk usage, which looked to be coming from the process WUDFHost.exe. CPU and GPU were both hovering between 60% and 80%, and memory was only at ~12GB of 16GB.

My specs are:

i5-4460 at 3.2GHz

GTX 1080 FTW 8GB

16GB DDR3 1600 MHz

For the most part my settings are on high, with shadows turned off, grass and clutter at 0%, trees on 70%, MSAA off, AA on 4x.

I've spent some time researching the WUDFHost program and some problems that people seem to be having with it, but I haven't found any clear solutions. Does anybody here have similar issues, or know of any fixes to the problem? Or, am I completely off base and chasing a dead end?

Thanks,

KC

Well I suffered a constantly variable fps. Going from 15 to 90 fps (oculus and non-steam DCS). I solved this problem by downloading Project Lasso (free) and set DCS to Single thread proces and I had stable fps again.

If this is also your problem mayby worth checking out.

Well I suffered a constantly variable fps. Going from 15 to 90 fps (oculus and non-steam DCS). I solved this problem by downloading Project Lasso (free) and set DCS to Single thread proces and I had stable fps again.

If this is also your problem mayby worth checking out.

free one or pro?