Is this going to be finished? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-06-2019, 09:53 PM   #1
hazzer

Default Is this going to be finished?

Hi, since the release there have been very little updates on this aircraft. Such as damage model and lod detail as the fps are still woeful in multiplayer. It's very disheartening seeing this amongst others not getting the refinement it needs.
Old 02-07-2019, 02:47 PM   #2
twistking

i was very dissapointed to see that the ADF equipment does not work in the yak.
i thought it was save to buy the yak in early access, because it is such a simple aircraft, that it could take only weeks to finish her up, but i was mistaken sadly.

i'm really dissapointed with ED on this and also to some degree with the community guys doing the previews and guides, which may have had the "early access" disclaimer, but failed to mention that such vital things as ADF were not yet implemented.
you live to learn... *sigh*
Old 02-07-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
msalama
Veteran

+1
Hey doubters, check this out: "P-51D has another variant with new higher octane coming later, the K-4 and D-9 are getting new cockpits, all the WWII warbirds are getting their cooling reworked, and a DM is in internal testing"
msalama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 04:14 PM   #4
Mig Fulcrum

+1000, i hope it will be finished after the complete release of the Hornet.
Mig Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #5
grunf

Yak-52 is a great plane to fly, it would be pity to leave it unfinished...
grunf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #6
Magnatilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunf View Post
Yak-52 is a great plane to fly, it would be pity to leave it unfinished...
With you on this 100%.

Having tried to write a flight sim myself, I can see the yak has some amazing flight characteristics for a sim, it would be sad to leave the little quirks and omissions to fester.

Maybe we need to bump up the post count in this part of the forum?

I say go post your flights in the Screenshots and Videos section started by Nealius, let them know there's an appreciative crowd waiting here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218190
Old 02-11-2019, 03:37 AM   #7
bbrz

I've uninstalled DCS many month ago due to the still remaining basic bugs with the F-5, the F/A-18 and the Yak-52.
Wanted to re-install it when there are at least a few improvements concerning the above mentioned planes

Absolutely nothing has happened in many month except that ED is constantly making announcements about new add-ons.
Considering how simple the Yak it's unfortunately an eye-opener of how little ED cares about existing customers.

Presently I'm not even considering re-installing DCS once they release their, for sure unfinished, F-16.

Instead I did rewrite the flight model for the P3D F-16 and I'm quite happy with it.

Too bad as Flanker and DCS always were my top flight sims!
bbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 02:25 PM   #8
Ex Machina

+1000

++
Ex Machina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 08:24 PM   #9
Deano87

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrz View Post
I've uninstalled DCS many month ago due to the still remaining basic bugs with the F-5, the F/A-18 and the Yak-52.
Wanted to re-install it when there are at least a few improvements concerning the above mentioned planes

Absolutely nothing has happened in many month except that ED is constantly making announcements about new add-ons.
Considering how simple the Yak it's unfortunately an eye-opener of how little ED cares about existing customers.

Presently I'm not even considering re-installing DCS once they release their, for sure unfinished, F-16.

Instead I did rewrite the flight model for the P3D F-16 and I'm quite happy with it.

Too bad as Flanker and DCS always were my top flight sims!
I think saying "Absolutely Nothing" happened is somewhat unfair. Lots of new things have come and are coming and lots is happening with the F-18 and the core sim in general at the moment. As far as not caring about their customers, are you saying that they actually want these aircraft to have these issues? As if that somehow helps them?

They get blasted for the F-18 Early Access taking too long and updates not coming fast enough. They get blasted for not fixing existing bugs in older modules. They are getting it from all sides for every conceivable reason. They only have a finite amount of man hours that they can work on these things, and they've chosen to put that into cracking through the F-18 development as fast as they can seeing as thats the module currently with the most urning potential for them. I'm not saying I agree with that approach but I understand it from a business point of view.

Its not that they don't care, its that they don't have enough people to work on everything that needs to be worked on at once. The bugs will be got to, its just a case of when.

DCS F-16C REALLY IS A THING! - BLOCK 50 BABY!!!

My Screenshots - Excited About = PointCTRL VR
Deano87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 PM   #10
Svsmokey

I note that Nineline has listed several bugs as "reported" in the last couple of weeks-so there is hope

"Hold my beer"
Svsmokey is offline   Reply With Quote