How do you all think the MIG-15 Performs? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-08-2019, 09:42 PM   #11
Squiffy

I enjoy it. It smokes and burns nicely when I kill it with my "inferior" 50 cals.

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.
Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:03 AM   #12
9./JG26_Brigg

Yeah it's pretty much perfect. Wish they would update the canopy reflections though as they do seem to be a bit much
9./JG26_Brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 08:25 AM   #13
RIVER

+1
RIVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #14
javelina1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
I enjoy it. It smokes and burns nicely when I kill it with my "inferior" 50 cals.
Nice

Gigabyte Z87-HD3, i5-4670K O/C 4.2ghz, NH-U12S cooler, 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX 1080 SC, SoundBlaster Z sound card, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 2x 256GB Samsung SSD, 1x 500GB Samsung SSD, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind Rudders, TM MFD's, Enermax Case, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5" Acer VT220 touchscreen (for Helios & Ikarus), TrackIR5, JetSeat KW-908, Oculus Rift CV1, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Virpil WarBRD
javelina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 09:52 PM   #15
Zius

I love the MiG-15. My biggest problem is low velocity guns, which makes gunnery difficult (for me at least). I do believe that's accurate, so nothing to complain about. It just takes practice...
Old 02-11-2019, 08:36 PM   #16
71st_AH Rob

I feel that the MiG is one of the better, more complete simulations available in DCS World with the exception of the damage model which we can hope is updated after the WWII modules get the update.

Training for Sabre Pilots
http://1-fighter-otu.enjin.com/

http://www.il2aceshigh.com/
71st_AH Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 12:29 PM   #17
9./JG26_Brigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71st_AH Rob View Post
I feel that the MiG is one of the better, more complete simulations available in DCS World with the exception of the damage model which we can hope is updated after the WWII modules get the update.
Yeah agreed. It's just a shame that it and the Sabre aren't more popular
Old 02-12-2019, 05:47 PM   #18
56RAF_Talisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG26_Brigg View Post
Yeah agreed. It's just a shame that it and the Sabre aren't more popular
If only we had a map for the war in Korea and a complimentary set of aircraft, including carrier operations. Suddenly I think things could light up big time then, but DCS doesn't seem to want to be that kind of combat simulator. That's why I don't do much DCS, because it is not 'joined up' that way. I like the historic aspect of combat simulation flying, so I tend to lean more towards combat flight simulation that enables more historically based scenarios. I love the Mig-15 in DCS

Happy landings,

Talisman

Spitfire! 'That's no aircraft, that's a bleedin' angel'
56RAF_Talisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:57 PM   #19
9./JG26_Brigg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 56RAF_Talisman View Post
If only we had a map for the war in Korea and a complimentary set of aircraft, including carrier operations. Suddenly I think things could light up big time then, but DCS doesn't seem to want to be that kind of combat simulator. That's why I don't do much DCS, because it is not 'joined up' that way. I like the historic aspect of combat simulation flying, so I tend to lean more towards combat flight simulation that enables more historically based scenarios. I love the Mig-15 in DCS

Happy landings,

Talisman
yeah for sure, even just a map would be nice.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:39 PM   #20
Squiffy

Right, and carrier ops is there too. We did all kinds of gymnastics with the code and rendering in CFS3 to make carriers work with an imported Korea map but the terrain type was hard coded so it was always one step away from "reality."

Imagine what could happen if DCS added the map? Corsairs, yes! Skyraiders? Wow! And for The Bridges at Toko Ri fans... the Skyraiders actually hit the bridges. Panthers flew CAP. Sabres already have rockets too

It's perfectly ordinary banter Squiffy, "Bally Jerry, pranged his kite, right in the 'how's your father.'" - Monty Python, RAF Banter Sketch.
Squiffy, a. slang. 1. Intoxicated; drunk. 2. Askew, skew-whiff. - OED

"Put that sucker in a 4G turn and keep it there!" - Maj. Gen. "Boots" Blesse
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote