JTAC

Biga42

It works fine with the Hornet. You just can't drop precision-guided munitions or use the laser spot tracker in the Hornet yet. BUT--you can use the JTAC to mark targets with smoke and talk you on to the target from there. It's quite a challenge.

Very Respectfully,

Kurt "Yoda" Kalbfleisch

London

"In my private manual I firmly believed the only time there was too much fuel aboard any aircraft was if it was fire." --Ernest K. Gann

It works fine with the Hornet. You just can't drop precision-guided munitions or use the laser spot tracker in the Hornet yet. BUT--you can use the JTAC to mark targets with smoke and talk you on to the target from there. It's quite a challenge.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "works"... by your definition, the radar turns on, and therefore "works fine with the Hornet". Pedantic posts don't really contribute to the discussion.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "works"... by your definition, the radar turns on, and therefore "works fine with the Hornet". Pedantic posts don't really contribute to the discussion.
I think he stated well what it can and cant be done. He was not being pendantic at all, just stating that it can actually work by asking smoke to see the target which is indeed quite cool and functional.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk