What a day at Flying Legends!!

Ells228

Not a bad first day of Legends...

It started on the Thursday night when Pman and I went for dinner with the TFC techs (not Nando's unfortunately for Pete) and we've never laughed so hard in a long time. Due to bad traffic getting home it was well past midnight so we crashed out ready for an early start yesterday morning.

We arrived at Pete's place and unpacked his PC and packed up the car in the pouring rain thinking what a great start to the weekend.

We had a fairly good run up to Dux and arrived about 10.30am.

Rock (Rob) met us there and Groove (Matthias) from Eagle Dynamics quickly came and introduced himself to us. With the car unpacked we set up the kit and tested everything out with all working like a charm :)

With a wet morning most of the TFC techs came over and had a good fly of all the new projects; Hawk, Sabre, Dora, MiG and of course the Mustang.

YoYo (Dmitry) from ED came over and we had a good chat about the Sabre which we fired up and took for a spin and then his beloved Dora.

Later that afternoon Stephen Grey (boss of TFC) brought a friend over to show the Mustang and Pete did a perfect start-up and flight routine under close instruction by Stephen. A daunting task very well executed by Pete with such an iconic Warbirds pilot over his shoulder. Nick Grey then joined us and wanted to see the Hawk and took her for a flight, having flown a Hawk in the past. He was very impressed with what we've done and a big thumbs up.

Shortly after that we had a break and I got a call from BBC Radio doing a big piece on the Red Arrows 50th anniversary at RIAT and they'd heard about The Virtual Red Arrows and wanted to do a live interview about what we were doing at Duxford and RIAT.

With the Bearcat up in the air outside we did a recording of the interview with her screaming overhead right next to the hangar which certainly added to the interview. The broadcast went out as part of the feature to over 1.4 million listeners. Certainly a good way to let people know about out great hobby!!

By 6pm most of the public had gone and Groove and I joined Pman and Rock out on the flight line.

We then had the immense pleasure of talking to Steve and Stevo Hinton. We then had the ultimate pleasure of watching both father and son take off in the Spitfires and do a short routine together. Something that hasn't been since for a very long time.

We also had the pleasure of seeing Nick Grey fly the Gladiator about 10 feet off the deck cutting the grass.

A truly awesome day and one that will stay in my memory for a long time.

We're up early this morning to head to Dux and hope you can join us over the weekend.

Chris, Pete, Rob, Matthias and Mike.

• Like 1

Sounds like you guys had a cracking time! Looking forward to today, see you shortly. :-)

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

thank you, I felt as if I was there. :thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Thanks for that, it doesn't make up for the fact that it will be all over before I can get down to you, but it reinforces my thinking that next year I will plan to be free over the weekend its on. Have a fab time and make sure you give one another a huge pat on the back:thumbup:

But obviously we need photographic evidence posted ASAP;)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to hear you guys are getting positive feedback and exposure.

Intel i5 7600K @ 4.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4 @ 3200MHz | MSI RTX 4060 Gaming X 8G | WD Black NVMe 2TB | Sound Blaster Audigy RX | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | Corsair H80i v2 | Corsair RM750x | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS Flight Pack | TrackIR 5 | Windows 10 Home 64-bit |

Sig1.png

That sound's like i very nice day you have, the "atmosphere" must be awesome.

Next year i like to visit you guys at Duxford hopefully,

Please give Groove my regards!

Have a nice weekend!

Cheers,

wasserfall

Intel Core i5-9600K, Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 WINDFORCE 8G

the way you put it makes all of us wish we were there!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Great setup guys. You attrackted a lot of people and showed them what DCS is about. Nice.job ! Great to see you again Chris. Finally met Jav : great guy. Put some faces on names I already knew from this place : Rob, Pman, Groove.

Well done guys.

The Flying Legends flying display was awesome too. If any of you haven't seen that or the spectacular museum yet, I can only recommend it.

B

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5

Thanks guys and especially nice to meet you again B!!

I only managed to take one picture as it was a very busy day yesterday and I'll post that up later.

There were quite a few people from the forums that took pictures and of course it was great to meet you and apologies if I didn't get a chance to chat.

A very rainy start to the day this morning when we woke up and after the 14 bottles of wine drunk by Pete, Rob, Mike, Chris and Jodie (TFC) last night and some very sore heads this morning we're up and running for day 3.

Good job I was the designated driver or the guys would be still be asleep in the Beaufighter right about now ;)

For anyone at RIAT, did you get to see the Rift and how was it?

If you're coming today, will be great to catch up with you :)

Cheers,

C.

What a fantastic day! The weather was perfect, as was the company. Really great to meet up with Ells, Pman, Rock, Javelin, Kestrel, Groove and of course, Joey. Plus anyone else I may have missed. Make no mistake, VEAO and the Virtual Horsemen are extremely passionate and knowledgeable about their forthcoming products, and I wish them all the best in the world. Good luck gents and have a fantastic day today!

Asus Z390 Code XI, i9-9900K, RAM 32 Gig Corsair Vengeance @ 3200, RTX 2080 TI FE, TIR 5, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB, HOTAS WH, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, HTC Vive Pro, Win 10 x64

Sounds like a great time had by all. I wish I lived a little closer in which case I would have pitched up for sure. Maybe next year!

i7-7700K : 16Gb DDR4 2800 Mhz : Asus Mobo : 2TB HDD : Intel 520 SSD 240gb : RTX 2080ti: Win10 64pro : Dx10 : TrackiR4 : TM Warthog : ASUS ROG SWIFT PG348Q

I don't know who I spoke to at Duxford today but it was great to see some of the new stuff coming through. With third party support as passionate as those at Duxford today DCS is really going to rocket skywards with new quality content

Good to see a few old faces got together for this.

'T'

'Old' being the key word here. :smilewink:

Again a very enjoyable day, and it is always nice to meet up with people you only know as a voice in Teamspeak.

i7 6700k/GTX1070-8G/MSI-Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon/32GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX PREDATOR DDR4 3000MHZ Vengeance 1600/TM Warthog #6106/Samsung SB350_S27B350H/OCZ Agility3 SSD 128GB / Win10-64/TIR5