Operation Caucasus Blizzard

71st_Mastiff

This international multi-squad event gives DCS pilots the full combined arms experience in team play against other human adversary. Features of this campaign include

•Saved campaign progression from week to week

•Pilot Stats Page

•40 Player campaign using all DCS modules

•Human ATC and ground command

•Rescue pilot script for downed pilots

•Mission planner for commanders and squadron leaders for way point creation

•Attrition and resupply scripts based on capture points

Campaign Details:

•Server: Israel DCS Server

•Time: Every Sunday 18:30 Zulu time

•Password: provided on team management and pilots stats page

•Teamspeak: provided on team management and pilots stats page

http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/13804678/viewthread/12372298-operation-caucasus-blizzard-overview

http://www.anon6.com/signup6

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

thanks for the heads up!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

This sounds interesting, however in current state of multi-player code we had to suspend in 51st, the Georgian Incident campaign which basically had similar scale and setup as advertised above.

I'd sign in my squad, but knowing it is not going to work without clients desyncs and AI troubles, what's the point?

I think this belongs to Multiplayer forums http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=93

Edited by Shaman

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Do you have to have a Sqd in order to join?

Edited by slowhand

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Do you have to have to a Sqd in order to join?

no any one can sign up and it runs great with 40..:thumbup:

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Very Cool thx Bro:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Unfortunately I missed this post, otherwise I would have definitely entered the 36th STV.

The idea seems great, although I think that 40 clients may reserve problems.

Congratulations for the initiative and if in the future there is also room for us, definitely attend!

Ciao Gaanalma,

The server is rock solid with 40 clients flying and using Combined Arms.

I am one of the CA ground commanders for the Blue Side and we are having tons of fun setting up SAM traps and trying to gain territory / objectives with our armored forces.

I haven't had this much fun in pvp ground combat since WW2OL :thumbup:

One interesting aspect of this campaign is the pilot rescue script. Anytime somebody bails out a 3d object of a downed pilot is created at the bail out location for rescue by UH-1 or Mi-8.

Until said pilot is rescued the same slot for his aircraft is locked! so if no rescue chopper is sent to retrieve the pilot this can have a big impact if its a high value asset like a slot for an F-15 or Su-27.

So for example there are 4 slots for the air superiority fighters for each side (4x F-15 for Blue / 4x Su-27 for Red) and each slot is scripted to become locked when its respective aircraft gets shot down. The slot becomes active again only if the bailed pilot is rescued by a UH-1 or Mi-8.

This promotes some very serious flying and great efforts on the part of the F-15 / Su-27 pilots to keep their airframes safe and RTB frequently. We are seeing now that they approach combat very carefully, wait for their wingmen, frequently use dedicated GCI guidance from the CA clients, etc.

Another plus is that we finally see clients using the transport helicopters. Their utilization is very high in this campaign due to the urgent need for rescuing downed pilots and troops insertions at objectives.

One more item worth mentioning is no AIM-120 or R-77 missiles, only semi-active radar missiles for both sides :smilewink:

You are most welcome to bring the 36th STV.

Registration to the campaign is handled through the ANON6 community website:

http://www.anon6.com/forum/m/13804678/viewthread/12372298-operation-caucasus-blizzard-overview

Cheers,

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

This international multi-squad event gives DCS pilots the full combined arms experience in team play against other human adversary. Features of this campaign include

•Saved campaign progression from week to week

•Pilot Stats Page

•40 Player campaign using all DCS modules

•Human ATC and ground command

•Rescue pilot script for downed pilots

•Mission planner for commanders and squadron leaders for way point creation

•Attrition and resupply scripts based on capture points

Campaign Details:

•Server: Israel DCS Server

•Time: Every Sunday 18:30 Zulu time

•Password: provided on team management and pilots stats page

•Teamspeak: provided on team management and pilots stats page

I'd like to point out a few things which Mastiff have forgot to mention when he posted this thread.

1. This campaign has been designed by myself and by Greg from the 373vfs squadron after countless hours of testing and improvements.

The various scripts and ideas have been produced off our own experience with DCS and Falcon and by the help of numerous respected members assistance of the ED mission editor forum.

2. The campaign is hosted by DCS Israel Server and the 373vfs Squadron Server, brought by the Israeli community and by the 373vfs Squadron members.

3. Registration done by Anon6, much credit is deserved to Anon6_BigGinger for arranging a home for the campaign community.

4. Statistics page - http://89.163.173.82/DCS/Default.html

There's FTP information to download the ACMI files of the campaign, we hold large scale missions of almost 40 participants, rarely there is lag which can be seen in the ACMI files.

This sounds interesting, however in current state of multi-player code we had to suspend in 51st, the Georgian Incident campaign which basically had similar scale and setup as advertised above.

I'd sign in my squad, but knowing it is not going to work without clients desyncs and AI troubles, what's the point?

I think this belongs to Multiplayer forums http://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=93

I can say without a doubt, we have found the correct way to run large scale missions with very little lag, all the participants of our campaign can testify to that.

If you are still doubtful, you are welcome to download the ACMI files from the FTP and see for your self.

Starting with around -

~450 vehicles.

70 plane/helicopter slots.

100 static objects.

We believe we can have more vehicles and more participants.

There's a new campaign in the works, once it is ready, we will open registration for squadrons, it will be open a few days during the week and it will include some new features including the DCS resource system.

I can say without a doubt, we have found the correct way to run large scale missions with very little lag, all the participants of our campaign can testify to that.

If you are still doubtful, you are welcome to download the ACMI files from the FTP and see for your self.

That is excellent news for us, but may I ask you to create a separate thread and describe what measures you guys take on servers to prevent issues when running such events.

I will also speak with squad mates regarding us joining; are there still slots available for Flanker pilots, and how many?

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

I will also speak with squad mates regarding us joining; are there still slots available for Flanker pilots, and how many?

The campaign is designed that there there are only a few fighter slots, because these type of air superiority fighters can have a very big impact on a wide area.

Air to air engagements between attacking aircraft of opposing sides do occur, but not too common, as there are two separate fronts, and both are quite large.

Go ahead and register to the ANON6 community website as per the 1st post by Mastiff.

Slots are requested on the assignment page of the campaign by pre-registration and final assignment is confirmed by the side commander, briefings and other correspondence on the forum. Come to the teamspeak, get to know the people you'll be flying with, etc, etc...

its a social event after all... :smoke:

S!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website