Functions?

Rhinozherous

Hello!

Seems an interesting tool, but I have a few questions that are not clear from the product description.

1. Is it possible to load a Flightplan made in the mission editor?

1.1 If this is possible, can we alter waypoints inflight?

2. Can we enter waypoints only via coordinates while flying?

3. Are user waypoints stored permanently?

4. Especially in the MI-8, can we use it as a VOR/TACAN reciever? Can we set a radial to/from a VOR? When flying on Nevada for example.

Thank you very much!

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

Flight plans made in the mission editor will automatically become the default NS430 flight plan once in-game. I think you're limited to 31 waypoints in a single flight plan.

You can enter new user waypoints via latitude/longitude coordinates, or radial/distance from a waypoint, or the intersection of two radials. A number of bugs have been fixed recently in this area, but I think one still remains that is being worked on. User waypoints can be edited. I don't believe mission-editor waypoints can be edited in-flight, but I haven't tried to be honest.

User waypoints are not currently stored permanently.

Yes, the NS430 will not act as a TACAN/VOR receiver per-say, because the Mi-8 has no CDI on which to slave the radio receiver information. It does have all navaids in its waypoint database, so the on-screen CDI will provide course information. Without a CDI, there's no physical knob for adjusting the radial of a course leg via OBS mode, but the OBS mode on-screen should work correctly with leg course adjusted through the menus. If not, please report and I'll reproduce and file a bug in the tracker.

Thanks!

--gos

Edited by gospadin

Flight plans made in the mission editor will automatically become the default NS430 flight plan once in-game. I think you're limited to 31 waypoints in a single flight plan.

You can enter new user waypoints via latitude/longitude coordinates, or radial/distance from a waypoint, or the intersection of two radials. A number of bugs have been fixed recently in this area, but I think one still remains that is being worked on. User waypoints can be edited. I don't believe mission-editor waypoints can be edited in-flight, but I haven't tried to be honest.

User waypoints are not currently stored permanently.

Yes, the NS430 will not act as a TACAN/VOR receiver per-say, because the Mi-8 has no CDI on which to slave the radio receiver information. It does have all navaids in its waypoint database, so the on-screen CDI will provide course information. Without a CDI, there's no physical knob for adjusting the radial of a course leg via OBS mode, but the OBS mode on-screen should work correctly with leg course adjusted through the menus. If not, please report and I'll reproduce and file a bug in the tracker.

Thanks!

--gos

Thank you very much! Sounds good, I am currently cutting a hole in the Dashboard of the mi8 to install the 430 :D

i7-14700KF 5.6GHz Water Cooled /// ZOTAC RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB /// 32GB RAM DDR5 /// Win11 /// SSDs only

DCS - XP12 - MSFS2020

I hope it makes it to the huey.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I hope it makes it to the huey.

Agreed. There's a lot of aircraft that might find it useful. Even Su-25s in Syria were shown with Garmin handhelds mounted on their glareshield.

If we get CDI and radio integration, that'll be even better.

• 6 months later...
Agreed. There's a lot of aircraft that might find it useful. Even Su-25s in Syria were shown with Garmin handhelds mounted on their glareshield.

If we get CDI and radio integration, that'll be even better.

Finally have it for the SU!

Too bad we can't externally edit user wayponts etc with a text editor that would be awesome. Create sids/stars approaches etc.