What Would You Think About a Fully-developed CA Module? - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #11
Kayos

I just wish they would fix the views for us VR users.
Old 08-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #12
rassy7

Absolutely! I hope that's at least on their radar, because it's kind of unacceptable. Has anyone mentioned any progress on that or is it likely just a lost cause?

REDMAN 407
F/A-18C BuNo 164628
Strike Fighter Squadron Eight Seven

LT J. "Poe" Rasmussen
www.cvw-8.org

Specs: GA-Z270XP-SLI; i7-7700K; EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX; 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 960 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE
Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf
rassy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 08:16 PM   #13
rassy7

Actually, you know what would maybe move the needle a little is some form of organized CA unit like all the squadrons the pilots have. Call it whatever, design all the stuff, start a website, design some co-op missions and invite various air units to provide cover and air support. I bet that would get some traction. If there isn't one already, someone should start one. Someone who actually knows about those tactics and strategies.

REDMAN 407
F/A-18C BuNo 164628

LT J. "Poe" Rasmussen
www.cvw-8.org

Specs: GA-Z270XP-SLI; i7-7700K; EVGA GTX 1080 SC2 iCX; 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 960 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE
Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf
Old 08-29-2018, 02:08 AM   #14
NAKE350

I just don't get why a game named Digital Combat Simulator would find something like the introduction a Yak 52 is more important than sorting out basics like the VR isn't working in ground combat simulation? The CA module has so much potential.

HTC Vive, EDtracker, Tripple Samsung 27" C27F Display with Nvidia surround set at 50Hz, T-Flight 4 Hotas, Saitek Pro Flight rudder pedals.
NAKE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #15
Skitter

I'd happily pay again if it meant more control on ground units.

- JTAC model with proper binoculars and laser marker. A mortar team or arty for marking vs current easy marking.
- Fixed infantry movement and tactics - so they for example don't shoot each other up when one in front of another.
- First person view for infantry - even with current graphics - would be cool. Esecially as JTAC - would help a lot.
- Artillery with selectable type & number of rounds to be fired + more parameters.
- Proper splash damage
- infantry boarding vehicles and helicopters
- Infantry entering the buildings (just like boarding vehicles)
- ejected pilot model synchronised with other players , so possible SAR pickups.
- More sophisticated damage models and animations for the vehicles - I believe currently all vehicles have the same. They just start to smoke and blow up.
- And AI killing building in line of sight to the enemy bug - fixed
- Civilians models, to make the JTAC missions more challanging and realistic
- Ability to evacuate wounded infantry.

Last edited by Skitter; 08-29-2018 at 02:19 PM.
Skitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #16
TheKardinal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassy7 View Post
Ya, that's sort of my question. I mean there is always the hope that enough people would buy CA and modules to create an full grown-war option, but I think the real thrill would be to bring some of my favorite experiences from Arma to DCS. There's just nothing like operating on the ground, advancing on a field or forest, know intelligent humans are moving around in there, strategizing and waiting for me, while hearing the roar of jets and buzz of helos above, making passes and communicating with the ground troops to organize on a target that can think and react and adjust to air threats.

To some degree, actually, it's already possible. I guess what I'm really asking is, how can ED create a more competitive ground environment that people want to flock to in order to create some of this dynamic, air/ground warfare? High-quality, interactive modules seems to excite people and pull them in and people tend to play with the modules they spend a lot of money on. Could be some cool SEAL ops with the new water setup as well. Pilotable RHIBs and SCUBA divers, landing crafts with unloadable, human-drivable vehicles.

In Arma, sim lovers wish the flying was more realistic. In DCS, some people, like me, with the ground war was more detailed. I think whoever figures this out first is going to open some eyes.
Absolutely agree with your sentiments. I know that some people would not want to drive vehicles and there are some who don’t want to fly aircraft and either choice is fine. What both groups seem to agree on is the increased challenge and satisfaction of competing and killing human opponents! I have played a bit of Arma and quite a bit more aircraft DCS..I would definitely go for an improved CA module.

Last edited by TheKardinal; 08-29-2018 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Grammar
TheKardinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:12 PM   #17
Looney

There is so much to update in the current CA module to make it a great addition to DCS instead of a mediocre addition.

Given the work ED is going to do on the module, giving us the options as discussed in previous threads without making every tank a seperate module with high-fidelity views and controls will go a long way in keeping CA owners satisfied.

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo
Looney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 02:17 PM   #18
QuiGon
Veteran

At some point ED actually considered implementing a full fidelity tank module (specifically the M1 Abrams), but that didn't work out for unkown reasons (see here for some infos about it). I'm pretty confident though that at some point in the future we will actually get such a module in DCS.

Would I buy such a module? A tank module, most definitely! A ship module, for sure! An infantry module, not so much, even though I love infantry, but I can't see it play out within DCS.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

QuiGon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 04:33 PM   #19
gaz2644

Quote:
Originally Posted by rassy7 View Post
Actually, you know what would maybe move the needle a little is some form of organized CA unit like all the squadrons the pilots have. Call it whatever, design all the stuff, start a website, design some co-op missions and invite various air units to provide cover and air support. I bet that would get some traction. If there isn't one already, someone should start one. Someone who actually knows about those tactics and strategies.

I have a group that is looking for dedicated CA members. UK Navalops

www.uknavalops.co.uk . We use a real person acting as JTAC. We are recruiting well for pilots, but have had no interest in the CA side of DCS.

The CA unit is focussed on Royal Marines mainly for RECCE but theres no reason why we couldnt have a tank unit or two.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:44 PM   #20
rassy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2644 View Post
I have a group that is looking for dedicated CA members. UK Navalops

www.uknavalops.co.uk . We use a real person acting as JTAC. We are recruiting well for pilots, but have had no interest in the CA side of DCS.

The CA unit is focussed on Royal Marines mainly for RECCE but theres no reason why we couldnt have a tank unit or two.
This is great. Need more of this. I assume you're posted in the Squadron Directory in the Multiplayer forum already?

How much fun would it be to run a Red vs Blue, king of the hill, or attack/defend scenario with two CA teams with air support working against each other? Even if it was only around 10v10 or so, that would be fun.

And I'll check out the Navalops group.

REDMAN 407
F/A-18C BuNo 164628

LT J. "Poe" Rasmussen
www.cvw-8.org

Tags
first person shooter, infantry, tank modules