Modern Aircraft Usage in Map

Hi Fellow Pilots,

With reference to the Normandy Map, am I able to use all the modern jets I own on it? I will be creating missions with the editor

With reference to the 'Modern Jets', I am talking about such planes as the Harrier, A-10C, and of course, my love, the F/A 18c.

Thanks in advance

Ice Rhino

aka Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

I recently tried my Harrier from Tangmere, which is now concrete.

Was fine with the Harrier, but I have to say that I'd be far more dubious about trying to land or take off in most jets, particularly the F5 and Mig21, for which it felt a bit tight.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 months later...
Hi Fellow Pilots,

With reference to the Normandy Map, am I able to use all the modern jets I own on it? I will be creating missions with the editor

With reference to the 'Modern Jets', I am talking about such planes as the Harrier, A-10C, and of course, my love, the F/A 18c.

Thanks in advance

Ice Rhino

aka Toni Carrera

put a carrier there for your F-18 and call it

The final countdown campaign

:pilotfly:

At first it's a bit of a challenge to land on short runways, but you are getting used to it pretty fast.

It is even possible to land the MiG-21 without the drag shute on a 1600-1700m runway. You can use every flyable aircraft on these airfields, maybe not with full load, but that makes it even more interesting.

By the way, the shortest runway of all maps is not in Normandy, but on the Persian Gulf Map. On the island west of Dubai is an airfield with a 800m runway. The shortest in Normandy has 1100m or 1000m if I remember correctly.

Edited by schroedi

• 1 year later...
put a carrier there for your F-18 and call it

The final countdown campaign

:pilotfly:

:thumbup:

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H