HOTAS Warthog - Matt

Matt - do you have a setup you're willing to share on the HOTAS Warthog for the F/A-18 Hornet?

AFAIK He uses the throttle only, and the T16000M stick, so take that in with your request and possibly the result ;)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

AFAIK He uses the throttle only, and the T16000M stick, so take that in with your request and possibly the result ;)
Wasn't it the other way around? It makes more sense to use the t16000 throttle with the rocker when unable to use pedals.

IIRC He uses the Warthog Stick but the TWCS Throttle.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Matt - do you have a setup you're willing to share on the HOTAS Warthog for the F/A-18 Hornet?

If you're curious about the stick, I'm mapping the trigger normally (I can't remember if the Hornet has a two-stage trigger or not), the weapons release button normally, trim hat normally, the DMS will be my castle switch, TMS Up will be my event mark button, CMS will be for weapons accordingly, the pinky switch will be for NWS/whatever other function it does in the real jet, and the paddle switch will be for autopilot and NWS.

For the Warthog throttle, I'm not yet familiar with the Hornet's throttle layout, so I'm not yet sure how I will have it mapped.

Looks like I got sufficient buttons and hat switches on my Warthog stick

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

As per @crab's posting on page one, it looks like that very nice man, Mr Wagner, will be sharing his Warthog profile, possibly packaged with the Hornet as a default.

Also, you might want to keep an eye on E3, starting on June 12th, for the possible launch of a nice new "toy" from TM. We can but hope

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in desperate need of a TM Warthog HOTAS profile; I can't even land with the one I have.

On takeoff I need to keep forward pressure on the stick or it flies straight up and it won't fly level without forward pressure

On landing approach the moment I apply FULL Down flaps it nosedives.

I can't trim worth sh#t so can't get close to the correct AOA.

I'm not asking for the keys to kingdom; just the basics would be appreciated.

Please help, I'm losing my mind.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

Yes, definitely something with your flaps.

Are doing startup from cold start?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

I was going through the Taxi Takeoff Tutorial following all instructions; half flaps then landing gears up and flaps up to auto. Then I need to put a lot of forward pressure on the stick otherwise it goes straight up.

Following the straight in landing tutorial, I drop the tires at 240kts and then the flaps to Full Down, and almost immediately I have to fight the stick to keep the nose from dropping like a rock. If I don't raise the flaps to Half Down I'm going into he drink. I have yet been able to get in a semi-stable AOA yet.

My current profile might just be so corrupted that I'm fighting myself. I think if I could load a fresh basic TM Warthog profile and see some settings for all HOTAS axis controls it might be the easiest way to sort this out.

Please advise,

Edited by AvgWhiteGuy
clarity

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I was going through the Taxi Takeoff Tutorial following all instructions; half flaps then landing gears up and flaps up to auto. Then I need to put a lot of forward pressure on the stick otherwise it goes straight up.

Following the straight in landing tutorial, I drop the tires at 240kts and then the flaps to Full Down, and almost immediately I have to fight the stick to keep the nose from dropping like a rock. If I don't raise the flaps to Half Down I'm going into he drink. I have yet been able to get in a semi-stable AOA yet.

My current profile might just be so corrupted that I'm fighting myself. I think if I could load a fresh basic TM Warthog profile and see some settings for all HOTAS axis controls it might be the easiest way to sort this out.

Please advise,

You need to add power at gear and flaps drop, a fair amount as there is a lot of drag and airspeed drops significantly.

Drop flaps and gear as your speed slows just past 250, and add power.

Not really sure why you would be going straight up on takeoff, when I takeoff I raise gear and flaps and my plane settles in on the AOA I am currently in, I usually will lower the nose a few degrees for a more gentle climb-out.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I will try again with these recommendations and attach .trk if it's still an issue.

Doesn't anyone have of a TM Warthog profile they can share? Just the basics.

What Svend_Dellepude said. Sounds like you have some axis commands doubled up in your controls settings.

There are a few profiles in this thread a search will probably turn them up. Here's one https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3524035&postcount=1

Good luck sorting out your issue. Let us know how you fixed it so others with the problem in the future can search the answer.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog