BUG with Basic Flight Training Qualification - 08 - Emergencies

Wallace79

a BUG don't let me to complete that mission and go ahead with the campaign.

the problem happend when both hydraulics failures!

In the current version of the game, the manual reversion causes the ailerons to waggle uncontrollably as if an autopilot is slamming the stick left & right full every half a second, making it impossible to do. Sucks because I want to finish this campaign.

Here is the forum section for that campaign.

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=495

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You can still complete the mission if you make sure you are flying 1g level flight at moderate speed with flaps up and restrain stick to lateral neutral while actuating the flight control mode switch.

Also note that in Man Reversion mode you have to use the trim to steer the aircraft. Using the joystick will cause control issues. Use very small changes.

Flying in manual reversion mode is very hard so practice often but eventually you will find out what works.

You can read about others who have completed it in the comments section of Recon Stewart's video (you can compare your experience to his to see how he did it).

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

• 1 month later...

First off, I would like to say that I love these campaigns and Sabre-TLA has done some amazing work with these DLC Campaigns.

I think I'm having the same issue. I activated the Manual Reversion Flight Control System (@ ~15mins) with the aircraft reasonably straight and level and soon after the aircraft starts to roll from side to side without me touching the controls. I still managed to pass this mission, but the landing was really dicey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9dGj3LnkCk&t=243s

Thanks,

ownShip

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fair Winds and Following Seas

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem with BFQ#8, where the ailerons started oscillating uncontrollably and the aircraft was basically unflyable. No amount of trim helped against that. It feels like a bug. There is a workaround though: At the beginning of the mission when still on the ramp, change your loadout so that your wings are not completely empty. I'm not sure if all combinations work, I picked some Mavericks and Sidewinders. And then the plane does not start to shake once you activate manual reversion. Just don't jettison your stores when the instructor tells you to :)

I had the same problem with BFQ#8, where the ailerons started oscillating uncontrollably and the aircraft was basically unflyable. No amount of trim helped against that. It feels like a bug. There is a workaround though: At the beginning of the mission when still on the ramp, change your loadout so that your wings are not completely empty. I'm not sure if all combinations work, I picked some Mavericks and Sidewinders. And then the plane does not start to shake once you activate manual reversion. Just don't jettison your stores when the instructor tells you to :)

Did you consider that in manual reversion the trim is reversed? So if you trim right, the plane will trim left. This may be the source of the "oscillation"?

This bug has nothing to do with trim at all. Seriously, you'd know if you had seen it. The ailerons start fluttering up and down like crazy. The airplane oscillates around the longitudinal axis multiple times per second. I highly doubt that this would be physically possible in real life.

With my workaround this fluttering is gone and then, yes, you have to deal with the actual situation of inversed trim and the generally harder handling of the aircraft in manual reversion mode. But that's totally fine.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same difficulty and I don't think it's user error. In the campaign, the very moment that manual reversion is switched on, the ailerons begin moving back and forth in full deflection each way, oscillating several times per second. This is completely independent of any joystick control. With no user input, the plane rolls left then right uncontrollably. It flies as though a toddler were playing and moving the stick back and forth as fast as they can, trying to break your expensive joystick in the process.

The Recon Stewart youtube video provided as an example how to do this correctly has an excellent discussion in the comments section about this problem which seems to have started after the 2.5 beta update. There is also a video posted here:

which is the same behavior I have been experiencing. External view of the plane shows the ailerons rapidly cycling through full deflections right and left.

Another thread here stated that someone found a workaround by changing the loadout at the beginning of the mission to something not empty and making sure not to jettison the stores when the instructor tells you to. For some reason this fixes the flight model and prevents this from happening. I have not yet tried this to confirm but I'll try to do so and report back.

Update: Yes, I was finally able to pass the mission by changing my loadout and not jettisoning the loadout when the instructor says. With that done, the manual reversion landing was controllable and there were no aileron oscillations. I think the fact that this worked seems to rule out any issues in my control bindings or incorrect user control. Does seem to be a bug having to do somehow with a clean loadout.

Edited by jasond
Update

• 2 years later...

Manual reversion seems to be fixed, as I could fly without any issue.

But the voiceover and system failures appear to be out of sync. I get the instructions to do something within 30sec but the failure itself happens just after my actions. I would say, I just wait until it actually happens, but then the IP starts yelling at me and fails the mission 🙄

Rock 'n' Roll!

Henning