[CANNOT REPRODUCE] HUD glass changes depending on rain

Dave317

The top outline of the HUD glass changes which looks like it's dependant on if it is raining or not. I know it is still WIP but it's quite easy to reproduce. Any mission where you would fly in and out of rain you will see the top of the glass loses the black border when it's raining.

The AV8B also changes the glass coulour dependant on rain.

Shouldnt it based on lighting?

Yes I guess that's true. BUT the weird part comes later, if you set cloud density to around 7 or 8, you only have scattered clouds. The consequence of that is that you fly through some areas with rain and some without. So far so good. Now if you fly through an area with rain, you get the HUD looking like the left part in your picture. If you then change to an area without rain, you more or less get instantly the HUD from the right side in your picture. And it doesn't matter wheter you are below a cloud or not, the HUD will change regardless of that. Or at least that's my impression of how it changes.

The Edge of the Glass should change tint based on light and light angles as it does.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

It's not reported, so I can't mark it reported, and when I get time I will test again, but I really haven't noticed anything to out of sorts with it, far more pressing issues at the moment.

It is the sudden "jump" that is irritating.

settings:

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

HUD Glass edge shadow

Sometimes the edge of the HUD glass suddenly disappears without any gradual transition. I guess it has to do with the reflection that falls on it but since there is no transition of any kind, it looks really ugly. And also, it doesn't look right at all when there's "no edge" on the HUD glass. Attached are two screenshots, one "with" and one "without" edge.

Edited by Spathiphyllum

From what I've seen so far it happens when you are in/get into a rainy area.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

As far as i know it's related to flying through a cloud shadow. It was reported 06-06-2018 here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211742 but ED tagged the Thread Title with "[CANNOT REPRODUCE]" and that was it.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The top outline of the HUD glass changes which looks like it's dependant on if it is raining or not. I know it is still WIP but it's quite easy to reproduce. Any mission where you would fly in and out of rain you will see the top of the glass loses the black border when it's raining.

The AV8B also changes the glass coulour dependant on rain.

You're right. I've noticed this myself many a time.

Hardly a real dealbreaker, but it's there.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...