** Leaving Drydock! Forrestal Class Update **

Cobra847

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just out of curiosity will it be able to support launch and landing other US naval aviation assets like the Hornet?

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

All other carrier capable aircraft should work just fine on our Forrestals. Vice versa too - the F-14 will work fine with the Stennis.

just out of curiosity will it be able to support launch and landing other US naval aviation assets like the Hornet?

This is what Cobra replied in the first page.

This is what Cobra replied in the first page.

derp i missed that , thanks.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Yeah, I noticed that it wasn't mentioned as well so IMHO it's pretty safe to assume that it probably won't make it for the EA.

ED's carrier will do just fine for the EA, I guess.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Is there any news on the carrier? Because maybe i missed it but at the announcement yesterday i didnt see anything about the carrier.

Will it come with the early acces of the F-14B or not?

I asked this question on Reddit, they said the carrier should be available with early access as it’s mostly done.

However it will not have the deck crew as, from what I gather this has been put on the back burner as ED are also talking about implementing deck crew and it seemed pointless HEATBLUR putting resources into something that ED are already putting in the sim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked this question on Reddit, they said the carrier should be available with early access as it’s mostly done.

However it will not have the deck crew as, from what I gather this has been put on the back burner as ED are also talking about implementing deck crew and it seemed pointless HEATBLUR putting resources into something that ED are already putting in the sim.

A ok nice thx

g8PjVMw.png

It's odd that they didn't mention it in the reveal then. I guess they're not sure yet so didn't want to make any firm promises.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I think the order of the day for Heatblur is not making any firm promises, so that they don't end up in a situation like last winter if some unexpected roadbump occur between now and early access release.

I don’t think last year was just a “road bump” considering that this road bump has resulted in a year delay? I think that now they have people’s money in their hands, it puts a lot more weight on the responsibility to get it released. You can interpret what Cobra said by thinking it will be a January release by not working over Christmas, or looking at it by him saying it’s going to be release before Christmas so they can have some time off.

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

I would willingly pay for a Heatblur deck crew add-on, though. That's the difference, and why I wish they would keep chugging along with their own deck crew.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t think last year was just a “road bump” considering that this road bump has resulted in a year delay? I think that now they have people’s money in their hands, it puts a lot more weight on the responsibility to get it released. You can interpret what Cobra said by thinking it will be a January release by not working over Christmas, or looking at it by him saying it’s going to be release before Christmas so they can have some time off.

That’s a good point, now that money has changed hands the game has changed significantly. I only really used the term “road bump” because frankly we have no idea what the deicison making process was the lead to a year’s delay, but considering that that decision meant that Heatblur spent that whole year spending lots of money rather than making any, it was probably a well thought out and ultimately necessary decision. As Cobra (I think? It might have been another Heatblur dev but the point still stands) said, this is a make or break thing for Heatblur as a studio: if the F-14 doesn’t sell, that’s it, they’re kaput. So whatever the reason for the delay, I think they’re wary of having the same crop up again, where because of strictly necessary things lots of people got very upset.

On a more personal note, I can’t wait for the USS Forrestal. My grandfather was flying A-4’s off the Forrestal when the ‘67 fire broke out, he was on deck and helped hose people off and shove wreckage over the side. He was also on USS Midway during Frequent Wind as a bridge officer, he was actually on duty and witnessed Major Buang land a Bird Dog with his wife and five children in it on a carrier deck, but I digress.

When you get this boat done make it a little bigger and put CV67 John F. Kennedy on it . I spent many days and hours launching and recovering CVW-1 Tomcats while working Fly 2 and Fly 3 in the early 1980's. I remember how exciting it was parked off Libia and they launched ACFT toward us, we launched the F-14's on cat 1 and 2 standing alert 5. The Airboss let us listen in on the chatter between pilots as they dispatched those Migs.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

.../// I think that now they have people’s money in their hands, it puts a lot more weight on the responsibility to get it released. ///....

Well ED kept f/a 18 C´s money nearly 6 months for that matter.. pre purchase on oct. release was set for dic. then we had to wait till June....dic 2018, still very early acces ;)

I would definitely cut Heatblur some slack if something did happen, the Cat is going to be a lot more complete than the bug will be even in 2019...

Well ED kept f/a 18 C´s money nearly 6 months for that matter.. pre purchase on oct. release was set for dic. then we had to wait till June....dic 2018, still very early acces ;)

I would definitely cut Heatblur some slack if something did happen, the Cat is going to be a lot more complete than the bug will be even in 2019...

Hornet pre-purchase started mid Jan of this year. Early access released early June though so you're right about the 6 months.

Heatblur has until the end of March to make the winter release window (5 months) and hopefully it'll be out before Xmas (2 months). It does indeed look like it'll be much more complete too, so I agree it looks like they're doing well.

Doesn't mean I don't think they should have held off with the hype until they had a definite date though!

• 2 months later...

EMH the carrier is still not out..so who knows? probably will be like the tarrawa class for the harrier.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Hornet pre-purchase started mid Jan of this year. Early access released early June though so you're right about the 6 months.

Heatblur has until the end of March to make the winter release window (5 months) and hopefully it'll be out before Xmas (2 months). It does indeed look like it'll be much more complete too, so I agree it looks like they're doing well.

Doesn't mean I don't think they should have held off with the hype until they had a definite date though!

There are two schools of thought, one is to release a slightly functional early access that you effectively can fly around but do little else while the elements are delivered as developed after the fact (F18...) or what HB is apparently doing which is releasing a module that has most of the working parts and where tweaks will be needed but on the whole most of the product is there.

The former is certainly what people are accustomed to, and HB could have certainly done, but they set the bar high on this one - they wanted to build a product and a name for themselves that they are premier developers of premiere projects, so the latter is almost required as a result.

Don't get me wrong, I am dying to get into that cockpit, but I get their motives, and as CCs begin releasing content on the F14 from early access - I imagine public access will be here by March.

---

AJS37 Viggen, F-16C Viper, Adobe Premier.

X56 HOTAS, Ryzen 7, GTX 2070S

youtube.com/leadnapgaming