HOTAS Warthog - Matt - Page 3 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-14-2018, 05:52 PM   #21
AvgWhiteGuy

I was going through the Taxi Takeoff Tutorial following all instructions; half flaps then landing gears up and flaps up to auto. Then I need to put a lot of forward pressure on the stick otherwise it goes straight up.
Following the straight in landing tutorial, I drop the tires at 240kts and then the flaps to Full Down, and almost immediately I have to fight the stick to keep the nose from dropping like a rock. If I don't raise the flaps to Half Down I'm going into he drink. I have yet been able to get in a semi-stable AOA yet.
My current profile might just be so corrupted that I'm fighting myself. I think if I could load a fresh basic TM Warthog profile and see some settings for all HOTAS axis controls it might be the easiest way to sort this out.

Please advise,

Last edited by AvgWhiteGuy; 06-14-2018 at 05:55 PM. Reason: clarity
AvgWhiteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:50 PM   #22
dburne
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy View Post
I was going through the Taxi Takeoff Tutorial following all instructions; half flaps then landing gears up and flaps up to auto. Then I need to put a lot of forward pressure on the stick otherwise it goes straight up.
Following the straight in landing tutorial, I drop the tires at 240kts and then the flaps to Full Down, and almost immediately I have to fight the stick to keep the nose from dropping like a rock. If I don't raise the flaps to Half Down I'm going into he drink. I have yet been able to get in a semi-stable AOA yet.
My current profile might just be so corrupted that I'm fighting myself. I think if I could load a fresh basic TM Warthog profile and see some settings for all HOTAS axis controls it might be the easiest way to sort this out.

Please advise,
You need to add power at gear and flaps drop, a fair amount as there is a lot of drag and airspeed drops significantly.
Drop flaps and gear as your speed slows just past 250, and add power.

Not really sure why you would be going straight up on takeoff, when I takeoff I raise gear and flaps and my plane settles in on the AOA I am currently in, I usually will lower the nose a few degrees for a more gentle climb-out.

EVGA X79 Dark MB|4820K @ 4.50 Ghz|16gb Corsair Platinum 2133 Mhz| EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 Elite |VKB Gunfighter Pro/MCG Pro|VPC T-50 |Warthog Throttle|MFG Pedals|Oculus Rift CV1|Windows 10 64 bit
dburne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:27 AM   #23
AvgWhiteGuy

I will try again with these recommendations and attach .trk if it's still an issue.

Doesn't anyone have of a TM Warthog profile they can share? Just the basics.
Old 06-15-2018, 11:37 AM   #24
Svend_Dellepude

Did you check your axis assignments in DCS? You might have more than one axis bound to the pitch axis.

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.
Svend_Dellepude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:41 PM   #25
Sarge55

What Svend_Dellepude said. Sounds like you have some axis commands doubled up in your controls settings.

There are a few profiles in this thread a search will probably turn them up. Here's one https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php...35&postcount=1

Good luck sorting out your issue. Let us know how you fixed it so others with the problem in the future can search the answer.

i7 3770K OC 4.4GHZ / H100 Cooler / 120GB & 240GB SSD's & 1TB HDD / ASUS Sabertooth MB / GTX 980 / 16GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog
Sarge55 is offline   Reply With Quote