convoy crosses downed bridge

colubridae

please advise me.

I’ve built a mission to attack a moving column.

Column is ‘on-road’.

I’ve got ahead of the column and downed a bridge in its path.

Hoping to hold up the convoy.

But it just goes ‘off road’ and crosses the bridge anyway.

Can I stop this happening?

Would it happen in real life?

Please advise

:)

Most military vehicles have water crossing capabilities and all road transmissions, so yeah, as long as the water level, current speed and river banks consistency is good enough they will cross in real time (I expect caucasus rivers to be similar to those in central europe)

You can set a trigger so the convoy stops when the bridge is destroyed and waits for X minutes until they cross.

Don't ask me why, I'm not good with the mission editor, but it can be done.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Here is a mission for you on how to stop the convoy. At mission start I set a flag of 1 to True. Set a way point at the bridge for the convoy to hold and a flag of 1 to stop that condition. Put a static object landmine on the bridge. There are had to see. Make sure the landmine is on the opposite side of the road because they are live even though they are static. Bomb the bridge. When the landmine is dead set a flag of 1 to off and the convoy will hold at that way point. If you dont hit the bridge before the convoy gets there the hold action will be off.

To add there is a set of cars NW of the convoy. Save them as a template. Then you cant set the convoy to hold and that template. After the explosion they go to that template.

Stop.miz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Here is a mission for you on how to stop the convoy. At mission start I set a flag of 1 to True. Set a way point at the bridge for the convoy to hold and a flag of 1 to stop that condition. Put a static object landmine on the bridge. There are had to see. Make sure the landmine is on the opposite side of the road because they are live even though they are static. Bomb the bridge. When the landmine is dead set a flag of 1 to off and the convoy will hold at that way point. If you dont hit the bridge before the convoy gets there the hold action will be off.

To add there is a set of cars NW of the convoy. Save them as a template. Then you cant set the convoy to hold and that template. After the explosion they go to that template.

many thanks, chardly

I will give it a try.

:thumbup:

I will give it a try.

Note: If the stopped convoy come under fire and disperse, the AI *may* ignore the stop order and move onto the next way point after the disperse 'cool down' (usually 10 minutes) i.e. cross the broken bridge/ford the river.

A work around is to set "Advanced (waypoint actions)" - Option "Disperse under fire = off" at the AI's spawn point.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3566346&postcount=28

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080