[REPORTED] DCS Open Beta A10C Mavericks Suck - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 10:29 PM   #31
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
it's not fair to tell someone else to lighten up.

you reported a problem, and we are trying to figure it out, and when asked for details, you passed jokes instead.

if you cant take your own submitted report seriously, how do you expect to do so?
Actually I provide humor and details - for no extra charge see above.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #32
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkateZilla View Post
TRACKS..

Devs would need to see tracks to accurately re-produce,.
Forthcoming. The stats that were requested (you're welcome) will have to do for now....

Leaving VR for reality for a while.

Last edited by lasvideo; 03-14-2018 at 11:47 AM.
lasvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 03:39 AM   #33
EasyEB

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvideo View Post
your
*You’re.
EasyEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:24 AM   #34
Nickkerkwijk

Maybe a little worn out TMS UP Hotas button? I had this problem with my old HOTAS, but it was on the CMS button. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt
Nickkerkwijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:31 AM   #35
Axelerator

I don't think he has a worn out button. My stick is in perfect condition and I'm having exactly the same problem as him.

For those who want a track: well you don't need a track for now. Just try the instant action mission mentionned above (Medium West Georgia Winter) and tell me how it works for you. Lasvideo and I have had our AGM-65H consistently not getting a lock on this one.

Then I will provide a track if necessary. Thank you.

Last edited by Axelerator; 03-14-2018 at 07:37 AM.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:32 AM   #36
MadDog-IC
ED Testers Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelerator View Post
Just try the instant action mission mentioned above (Medium West Georgia Winter) and tell me how it works for you. Lasvideo and I have had our AGM-65H consistently not getting a lock on this one.

Then I will provide a track if necessary. Thank you.
Not trying to stir things up, I think you guys have been diagnosing your issues well. But I wouldn't think a missile AGM-65H with CCD designed to work in an Desert environment would work well in a winter environment as well, no matter how enhanced the camera system is, the lower temperatures, less light, fog and denser air in general would highly affect it.

Same could be said for the IR AGM-65D in a desert environment with, Heat haze and super hot air and ground would upset it from detecting the actual tanks.

Snipet of info on missiles:

Spoiler:

The IIR seeker of the AGM-65D had some problems during Operation Desert Storm, because of thermal clutter in the excessive heat of the desert.

Therefore, the USAF decided to field a Maverick with a modern TV-guidance section using a new CCD seeker. Raytheon developed a CCD seeker to replace the TV or IIR seekers of some existing AGM-65 missiles. The new CCD seeker will give remanufactured missiles higher reliability, higher lock-on range and better low-light performance. However, the CCD seeker is not suitable for night-time use

The designation AGM-65H was assigned to AGM-65B/D missiles upgraded with the new CCD seeker. It was originally planned to convert many old AGM-65Bs and -65Ds to AGM-65H standard, but these plans were apparently cancelled in favour of the AGM-65K.

The AGM-65J designation applies to U.S. Navy AGM-65F missiles rebuilt with the CCD seeker. As such it would be very similar to the USAF's AGM-65K.

The AGM-65J was initially planned to enter service in December 2001, but I don't know whether this has actually happened, and how many AGM-65Fs have already been and/or are going to be converted to AGM-65J standard. The AGM-65K is an AGM-65G upgraded with the CCD seeker. At least 1200, but possibly up to 2500, AGM-65G rounds are planned for conversion to AGM-65K standard. The CATM-65H and CATM-65K are the captive-carry training versions of the AGM-65H/K.

Not saying you guys don't have issues, well with the game anyway, there all always a lot of variable to take into account with DCS if indeed they model the real life stuff.

By the time I get around to testing the mission myself, you lot will have it sorted one way or another. ;-)

All the best with it.

Regards, Ian.
Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Gigabyte GTX-780 (388.71), Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).
MadDog-IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 09:40 AM   #37
Axelerator

Yes but as said earlier in the thread, we have had issues with it in NTTR as well.
The game doesn't use contrast but basic object detection to lock targets so if nothing is done the bug will remain regardless of the map.

Last edited by Axelerator; 03-14-2018 at 09:45 AM.
Axelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #38
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelerator View Post
Yes but as said earlier in the thread, we have had issues with it in NTTR as well.
The game doesn't use contrast but basic object detection to lock targets so if nothing is done the bug will remain regardless of the map.
As I posted earlier in this thread, after detailed trouble shooting I have the same issues in NTTR 2.5 OB.as I did in Caucuses A2.5 OB with the AGM-65 H.

And as stated earlier, this behavior was not evident in 1.5.

"By the time I get around to testing the mission myself, you lot will have it sorted one way or another."

Please dont assume this to be the case. We appreciate your time and energy helping address this major issue for us Hawg drivers.Im sure ED does as well.

Last edited by lasvideo; 03-14-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:46 AM   #39
lasvideo

"Maybe a little worn out TMS UP Hotas button? I had this problem with my old HOTAS, but it was on the CMS button. Sometimes it worked and sometimes it didnt "

NOT a worn out button. Just a bit of a worn out brain dealing with this dysfunctional behavior with the AGM-65-H

Last edited by lasvideo; 03-14-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #40
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyEB View Post
*You’re.
Thanks. Dont tell my dad. He was an English teacher