Africa!

Rover

Here's an crazy Idé, why not a map in Africa?

Seriously, places like Vietnam, Afghanistan, Europe and the Middle East are cool and the wars that took place there are iconic but also a trite bit we all forget about probably the most war torn place on earth. Half of Africa is in some kind of conflict right now and for the last 80 years there has been more then 100 wars. Most small ones compared the WW2 but also many larger battles. Just take a look on youtube and you can find many interesting documentary's of wars you diden't even know ever happen.

The terrain can be really diverse, jungles, savanna, mountains, lakes, desert, forest, the sea, city's, villages, big rivers....

Any aircraft currently in DCS can used without it feeling unrealistic. No need to take out an old Mig-17 from a museum to make a interesting campaign, old hardware can be used in more modern conflicts. You want to use a old Mig 21, F 5, Huey, mi8, french stuff or a F 86? then just go ahead and I'm sure a P51 found its way to Africa at some point after WW2 :thumbup: Old, beaten up ,dirty air-frames operating from an old dusty runway fighting in a hard brutal civil war :)

It would bee great for helicopters and CAS.

China has a big interest in Africa so might be good for that market and most other big powers has had an interest at one point or another, not just USA and Russia but many former colonial powers like France, hell even Sweden did some fighting there in the 1960s. You can do UN peacekeeping, mercenary work or just full on conflict.

Size might be a problem since most countries are several times bigger then Georgia and there is a lack of big airports :D

Anyway now I have finally gotten that out of my system so I can go back to waiting for the MI-24 and P47. :music_whistling: And my deepest apologies for any trauma you have endured because of my bad writing.:book:

:joystick:

image-20150319-1562-1glt4z5.jpg?ixlib=rb-1.1.0&q=45&auto=format&w=754&h=488&fit=crop&dpr=1

DDeYUgrXgAA1JYY.jpg

m99ik9ih8uf01.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&2f8c6809

1FeBno9.jpg

tnzmigs1.jpg

m99ik9ih8uf01.jpg

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

Africa is one big continent. Maybe divide it into 20-30 sections by regional conflict(s) or interesting locations (coastal, mountainous, inland waterways, oil fields, copper/diamond producing areas, etc).

I’d suspect the Red Sea/Egypt corner would be an excellent starting point.

It’d be an interesting read, at the least.