Monitor for the gauges

Jocman

Hi all.

I started thinkering about the dimension of the monitors to reproduce (helios or similar) the gauges-abris-shkval

At the end (if I'll get to the end....) I would like to have 3 monitors for the scenaries + the ones I need for gauges etc

About the last issue, I'm considering 2 possibilities:

1) 3 monitors (2*22" for the gauges+abris and 1*8" touch for the SHKVAL), so in total I should manage a total of 6 video out

2) Somewhere (I don't remember where) time ago I red about the fact that the TV LED could be the best solution for the gamer, because the new generation of TV could support the graphic needs of the modern videogames. Thus, I'm considering to use a TV 40" to cover the full area of the front panel and all the gauges-abris-shkval (but I'll lose the touch screen-not a big issue btw). The pro is to manage only 4 video out

As I've to re-design the front panel structure (I've realized I made some mistakes in calculating) it could be very helpfull to me to choose the right (or the best) solution

What do you think about?

Thanks

Andrea

Jocman

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return" (L. Da Vinci)

Prev. Projects:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50071

Hi Jocman,

DCS is flexible enough to allow any kind of export to any kind of display. I built a Ka50 cockpit almost 10 years ago already with the idea you are mentioning here:

picture.php?albumid=754&pictureid=5272

The log can be found here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=41358 along with a lot of info to build it. If you want to talk to another expert in Ka50 pit from Italy, I can only recommend you to get in touch with the ultimate master in this matter simulatoregp.

You can use large TV for external view or there is now also large monitors like the one I am using for my generic pit:

Newcockpitsmall.jpg

I recommand you are also using touch screen monitors like the ones you can see below (main panel), overhead and central console. It makes Helios a lot more enjoyable.

There will be some guys here saying you can use VR instead and avoid the hassle of building a pit. But in the current definition of VR headset today, flying the Ka50 in a combat mission is extremely difficult as many displays in VR are unreadable, and touch controllers are not fully implemented.

Edited by BaD CrC

Hi BaD.

Honestly? indeed it's YOUR the guilt of my madness!!!! I started with my intention of build the cockpit when I red your posts ...yes about 10 years ago.

Long time is past, lot of unexpected life issues, and so on, to delay my wishes.

You and your work will remain one of my pillars in this tale.

Unfortunately simulatoregp seems to me not active since months, and his posts on BS cockpit have been decimated.

So, right now (I'm sorry for that) I note you use a TV in the front panel for the gauges (I've been always sure they were 2 monitors.......): what dimension is it?

About the VR: yes I'm pretty sure the immersion is really awesome, but the feel to see and touch your switches is priceless.

Maybe in the next future VR will implements even such touch-devices.....

By now I'll keep the idea of a phisical pit.

Jocman

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return" (L. Da Vinci)

Prev. Projects:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=50071