DCS BIOS: Different modules in one arduino and others

marques

Ok, I just received enough hardware to stop designing and start building. I will document my advancements in my cockpit post, but for the sake of easiness in searching DCS BIOS related things, i´ll open specific posts for specific problems, if it´s ok for the responsibles.

So here is my first question, actually two related questions. My cockpit will be a multi-module one, and that poses some questions in using DCS BIOS.

So my first question is: ¿Can I have attached to one arduino (a NANO) different module´s instruments? I mean, to mix code of, for example, the ka-50 Abris and the A-10C fuel selector.

And the second question is quite similar: Can I have one phisical instrument, such as an FM radio, connected to a NANO and select different pieces of code with a switch? I mean, I add a switch to the FM radio and with an if-then (or whatever equivalent in Arduino) I chose if this module will be used by the A-10C code, or the UH-1 code, etc..

Resuming, I want to optimize the use of the arduino boards and related hardware and my wish is to use similar phisical instruments with different modules and connect miscellaneous instruments of different modules phisicaly close to the same board. Is it possible?

There is already a plan B, but to be able to do this whould be the easiest and cleanest way of wiring my pit.

Hola Marques,

I am still leaning things at the moment (currently following an online course on Arduino) but for your second questions I wonder if you could try to use pre-processor directive with something similar to the bellow;

(Assuming your switch is on PIN 2)

#define Switch1 2

#define Switch1On digitalRead (Switch1) == 1

#define Switch1Off digitalRead (Switch1) == 0

#if (Switch1On)

Load config for aircraft1();

#else

Load config for aircraft2();

#endif

The above example won’t work as it is but hopefully you get the idea and might be something worth trying (I haven’t)

I have tried what you want to do, First if the instrument/switch for each aircraft has the same name then you can just program it in DCS bios, if it hasn't then you need to program for each, The good news is I was able to put more than one aircraft into one DCS bios sketch, I have not carried on with it because of life getting in the way.

AMD A8-5600K @ 4GHz, Radeon 7970 6Gig, 16 Gig Ram, Win 10 , 250 gig SSD, 40" Screen + 22 inch below, Track Ir, TMWH, Saitek combat pedals & a loose nut behind the stick :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

To ask a related question, would there be any reasonably easy way to use the same panel (and preferably also arduino) both for DCS-BIOS and without DCS (I. E. as a generic directInput device).