Warthog throttle calibration problem

I've probably re-calibrated my throttle like 20 times now with the Thrustmaster's calibration tools, and I still can't get both left/right throttle properly aligned.

LPVMHQ1.png

The axes is a bit off by about 1~300 in between, min/max setting are fine tho.

There's a configuration file created by the tool with a lot of numbers in it, maybe I could edit some numbers and fix the problem?

Edited by Lymark
  • Like 1

I have had good luck using DIView to fix problems like that.

Thanks! It seems like something that would work for me too! However, after watching the only guide video online, I'm still kinda confused with the software.

I'm only roughly 1% off on the throttle, I'm pretty sure I have to edit the calibration numbers, but I can't figure out how that numbers work exactly yet. Any tips?

Edited by Lymark

If the min and max positions are synced and you have the problem in the middle, it means that the axis sensors are not 100% linear and their response is different along the range.

A little discrepancies are something normal and nothing to worry about. Basic calibration won't fix that but you may want to try to define some different curves in Target software or DIView (I'm not sure if that's possible there).

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

If the min and max positions are synced and you have the problem in the middle, it means that the axis sensors are not 100% linear and their response is different along the range.

A little discrepancies are something normal and nothing to worry about. Basic calibration won't fix that but you may want to try to define some different curves in Target software or DIView (I'm not sure if that's possible there).

Kinda surprised that I just bought this brand new and EXPENSIVE Warthog for less than a week, and I'm already having little problem with it.

It doesn't seem to affect A-10C luckily. However, It bugs me a little when playing other WWII SIM bombers. I was able to tighten the difference by increasing the friction though.

I've been playing with DIView a little, but I just can't figure out the right calibration numbers to fix it. And there's only one video guide online that isn't quite useful...

Hallo Lymark,

I had a similar problem and additional on the way of the axis, I got the hotkey for "Engine Off". In my case there was a little bit of grease betwen the magnet and the sensor. After cleaning, it worked well again.

How much closer are the values after you finished cleaning it? And do you mind elaborate a little more on how you get to the magnet parts? I surely don't wanna break it :P

I was able to tighten the numbers a little by increasing the throttle friction.

Hallo,

the value of both after cleaning is the same now.

Here are two pictures of the interior of the trottle.

After revoving the circuid board you can remove the mounting of the trottles. By removing the plugs at the board you must be careful by removing the hot melt glue.

One sensor you can see on the second picture. The magnet inside the plastic part observe.

I spent 2 hours for reparing.

But if the warthog is brand new, can´t you give it back and get another?

P1020917.thumb.JPG.31fdfccad995ae47d5114e0fe1ec2635.JPG

P1020922.thumb.JPG.e1bee6449229b13138f3b93ef8ce6bf7.JPG

Cheers Uli

My Home Cockpit project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2609929#post2609929

Hallo,

the value of both after cleaning is the same now.

Here are two pictures of the interior of the trottle.

After revoving the circuid board you can remove the mounting of the trottles. By removing the plugs at the board you must be careful by removing the hot melt glue.

One sensor you can see on the second picture. The magnet inside the plastic part observe.

I spent 2 hours for reparing.

But if the warthog is brand new, can´t you give it back and get another?

Thanks for the instruction!:) And yeah, I'm gonna see If I could get a replacement instead of doing all the work.

Just in case, the area I marked is the spot where I'd have to clean it, correct?

Gotta make sure, cause I suck at mechanic stuff, and it always freak me out when stuff are involved with circuit board, feel like I'm gonna break it somehow. :D

P1020922.thumb.JPG.9e8e0fd8888ac16e66b50b8ef4668ef0.JPG

Yes, your mark is right.

But what is the alighnment of your trottle axis at the zero zone? If you have a zero value when both trottles moved back I would live with this difference.

In my case the difference was much bigger and there was no zero value at the right trottle when I pushend both trottles back.

Cheers Uli

My Home Cockpit project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2609929#post2609929

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so I have returned my throttle to the retailer, and been waiting for the past weeks. They relayed me an email from Thrustmaster today, saying that the axes ain't supposed to be the same.

I find it extremely contradicting, cause I've also sent an email to TM before returning it, and they were the one who told me to had my fault product replaced.

And then, here you guys with a perfectly aligned throttle.

My head's gonna explode :doh:

152545449_Relayedemail.jpg.876ff161200701c26da4e3141742674b.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi, sorry for revive this topic, but since my problem is almost the same I would like use this topic instead create a new one.:)

Since I started to play the F-18C module, I notice that my engine RPM in some stages are note the same, it's like 1% of difference betewen ENG 1 and ENG 2 at 45% of throttle.

Does anyone have a issue like that with the Warthog Throttle? Is it normal such behave?

The difference in DIView is like Zax 75,55% and RZax 74,89%, it's a little difference but it's noticable in DCS and other sims with dual engine planes.

Thanks!

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

That's the problem that I'm dealing right now. Is this normal with all Warthog Throttles or there's something wrong with mine?

Capturar_zpsphbddve4.png

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

Well, as I got no cookies here I'll try the Thrustmaster support for this matter. Thanks for the "help" anyway. :smilewink: