June 2014 Update

Wags

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what about OLEG MADDOX who was also involved in the project although i never heard any news about him ? Perhaps it was maybeonly a mirage to attrack us ?:doh:

I suspect his appearance was just used by Ilya as a placeholder - to try and give the project some validity... that would be my guess anyway. After all he was the man behind the original Il-2 Sturmovik.

Regardless of the reasons for this change, I see it is a very positive thing for DCS WWII.

I know I now personally feel much better about the dollars I contributed to the Kickstarter for this sim. :thumbup:

Before yesterday's update, I was really regretting contributing anything to it.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I think they ought to make the announcement public; rumors are starting.

Based on other forums, it is public everywhere but here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Many thanks for keeping us informed on the stuff you can share !

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for the update Matt. Glad to know that the funds were used by ED for the project.

Clears up insinuation on Ilya and hopefully he can clear up any personal issues and gain back confidence from some of his customers.

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

Thanks for the update Matt, great news all around!

As for those of you upset about what happened to your kickstarter backings:

In the future please think more about the investments you are making and the risks involved. Kickstarter exists for a reason, to fund projects that "normal" investors would never want to touch. You should not be investing in any kickstarter project for any amount unless you are willing to accept the risk involved and the possibility that nothing will come of it. This is just another example of why it's a bad idea to buy into something early when you don't know what the final outcome will be. If you aren't willing to be possibly throwing your money away. Just be patient and wait for full releases to avoid frustrations like this. I for one, backed the project because I believed my $50 would help the team and was willing to accept that my $50 could be lost. I'm OK with that. If you aren't OK with that, you shouldn't have backed in the first place.

Kickstarter is not a market, they don't owe us anything at all. It's an investment and there are risks involved. We should be thankful to ED that they are making good on all of our bad investments.

Edited by Kraut

Thanks for the update Matt, great news all around!

As for those of you upset about what happened to your kickstarter backings:

In the future please think more about the investments you are making and the risks involved. Kickstarter exists for a reason, to fund projects that "normal" investors would never want to touch. You should not be investing in any kickstarter project for any amount unless you are willing to accept the risk involved and the possibility that nothing will come of it. This is just another example of why it's a bad idea to buy into something early when you don't know what the final outcome will be. If you aren't willing to be possibly throwing your money away. Just be patient and wait for full releases to avoid frustrations like this. I for one, backed the project because I believed my $50 would help the team and was willing to accept that my $50 could be lost. I'm OK with that. If you aren't OK with that, you shouldn't have backed in the first place.

Kickstarter is not a market, they don't owe us anything at all. It's an investment and there are risks involved. We should be thankful to ED that they are making good on all of our bad investments.

Nothing was lost, the funds were used as intended in the development of the project, and the end result is that nothing has changed for the backers.

Nate

Nothing was lost, the funds were used as intended in the development of the project, and the end result is that nothing has changed for the backers.

Nate

Oh yes, I understand this, but it seems that there are a few others that didn't after reading through here. Few people asking for refunds, etc. Just thought I would explain this. After all, if we didn't have ED picking up support, all would be lost! Thanks guys! :thumbup:

Edited by Kraut

From Wags

"One item I can shed some light on is where the Kickstarter funds went. All of the funds have been spent and they helped develop the Bf-109, P-47, Me.262, Spitfire, and Normandy map. However, given the massive amount of work, those Kickstarter funds were only a drop in the bucket of what is needed to flesh out this project. The vast majority of funds needed to finance this project have and will continue to come from Eagle Dynamics (not Kickstarter). To give you a feel… just the Eagle Dynamics developed and funded flight model for the Bf-109K has already cost us about 120k USD (that does not include external model, cockpit model, cockpit systems, etc.). Developing such products is not cheap!"

So ED will have to pick up the ball and pay for the remaining development of 4 aircraft and a Normandy Map which it would seem were sevearlly underfunded in the first place?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So ED will have to pick up the ball and pay for the remaining development of 4 aircraft and a Normandy Map which it would seem were sevearlly underfunded in the first place?

The KS funds were always intended as a drop in the bucket. KS page effectively stated that since day one.

Edited by Dalminar

When I put my money on it, I knew that it would at least take 2-3 years to have all the stuff I opted for. The ball got a kick by Luthier and the backers. Thank you for keeping it rolling.

Edited by El_Marta

The money ran out and ED are left holding the baby. Great to see this is still alive though.

Was I the only one who took the ambitious release goal with a grain of salt?

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

To give you a feel… just the Eagle Dynamics developed and funded flight model for the Bf-109K has already cost us about 120k USD (that does not include external model, cockpit model, cockpit systems, etc.). Developing such products is not cheap!

Thanks Matt for sharing this kind of insight. I just make me appreciate what the developers do more and more. Although the time to develop is quite painful (lol) at times, understanding what it take and witnessing the end product, kind of makes me feel we are getting a steal with the quality modules we receive. :)

Again thanks ED staff for not letting the ball drop and trying to stand by the Kickstarter backer commitments. :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals