wrong launcher rails for Aim-9s and Aim-120's

berk.kp

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

It is, but the OP image from in game is of a Lau-115. The dual mount has 2 lau-127s mounted on the sides of a lau-115 which is correct.

However, never seen an amraam or sidewinder mounted directly to the -115 , it looks odd. Needs some attention.

Yes, AIM-9's, and AIM-120's cannot be loaded on LAU-115C/A's and "MUST" be loaded on LAU-127's. Only exception to this are the Rhino's which can have the BRU-32's removed and a block installed to bolt a 127 directly to it giving it the appearance of being loaded somewhat to what's shown above. Just as an FYI, I'm a prior Navy Ordie, so I most def know :D

ASUS ROG Strix Helios Case - ASUS AM4 ROG Strix X-570E MB - AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 64 GB DDR4 3200 G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series - ASUS DualGeForce GTX 1070 - SSD 2x 1TB - HDD 10 TB - Windows 10 Home -

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS - Thrustmaster TPR Pedels - TrackIR

For SUU-63/A:

AIM-7's Are mounted to the LAU-115 Directly, in Single Configuration Only

AIM-9 / AIM-120 are Mounted to LAU-127 Via LAU-115C, in Dual Configuration Only

There is no Single AIM-9 Configuration for the SUU-63/A on the Legacy Hornets.

SUU-63/A Does Not Support LAU-127x/A Directly Attached

That was added to SUU-80A/A on the Super Hornets, Even SUU-79A/A Doesnt Utilize LAU-127E/A Directly Attached.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Message has been deleted. Reason: Use wishlist sub

Not a wishlist item. I am asking about functionality when this bug is fixed which is directly relevant to this topic. Will it be possible to add single Sidwinders/AMRAAMs to the inboard and outboard wing pylons when this bug is fixed?

Not a wishlist item. I am asking about functionality when this bug is fixed which is directly relevant to this topic. Will it be possible to add single Sidwinders/AMRAAMs to the inboard and outboard wing pylons when this bug is fixed?

Legacy Hornet did not mount LAU127 directly to the SUU for Single AIM9/120 Per Pylon Loadout.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 4 months later...

Yea, it had been marked as fixed internally in your previous thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218271 but I guess it never made it in?

Funny we should meet again like this :megalol:

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

So, let me know, if a fan boy comes in this forum and say there isn't a single rail LAU-127 mounted on F/A-18C, ED team change our module for make happy this guy? Actually there are LAU-127 single rail everywhere on earth that mount single aim-120 on almost every fighter that use AIM-120, so what?

Legacy Hornet did not mount LAU127 directly to the SUU for Single AIM9/120 Per Pylon Loadout.

Where are, exactly, the evidences for this? In photos or what? Please let me know where are evidences that an F/A-18C can't mount a single rail Lau-127.

F/A-18C historical operators:

US Navy

US Marines

Australia

Canada

Finland

Kuwait

Malaysia

Spain

Switzerland

So, you are about to say that no one of this operators never mounted an AIM-120 in a single rail? Please answer me with evidences, documents and so on. There isn't any logic in saying that an F-18C doesn't mount a single rail for an aim-120.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ipergallo said:

So, let me know, if a fan boy comes in this forum and say there isn't a single rail LAU-127 mounted on F/A-18C, ED team change our module for make happy this guy? Actually there are LAU-127 single rail everywhere on earth that mount single aim-120 on almost every fighter that use AIM-120, so what?

Where are, exactly, the evidences for this? In photos or what? Please let me know where are evidences that an F/A-18C can't mount a single rail Lau-127.

F/A-18C historical operators:

US Navy

US Marines

Australia

Canada

Finland

Kuwait

Malaysia

Spain

Switzerland

So, you are about to say that no one of this operators never mounted an AIM-120 in a single rail? Please answer me with evidences, documents and so on. There isn't any logic in saying that an F-18C doesn't mount a single rail for an aim-120.

Switzerland did, because they have a special pylon on station 2/8 which allows direct mounting a lau127. Similar to Superhornets outer pylons.

For the rest, for this we must look into the performance charts NATOPS flight manual, NFM-210. This manual lists a whole bunch of performance charts for various flight performance metrics. But more interestingly it has a list of stores that the hornet can carry along with their associated drag indices and weights.

So, we turn to this manual and search for the entries about LAU-127. What we find is that LAU-127's drag index is only listed when mounted on 'Rack' LAU-115, which is how it mounts in DCS. Following this, we search for AIM-120 and its associated drags. With this we find the following:

AIM-7 LAU-115C/A
AIM-9 on LAU-115C/A & -127

AIM-120 on LAU-115C/A & -127

AGM-65 Maverick on LAU-117

So what does this tell us? Carrying an AIM-120 on a single LAU-127 direct mounted onto the pylon is not a configuration that was tested/computed, where every other minute stores and configuration was.

From this it become apparent that single LAU-127 must not have been possible. To the same extent, I challenge you to find an image of such a loadout on a hornet that isn't Swiss for reasons above.

• Like 6

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

3 hours ago, Ipergallo said:

You know that the burden of proof is on the person who states a claim about a certain thing being present, right? So you would have to deliver a proof about USN / USMC Hornets mounting LAU-127s directly on the wing, despite all available information showing it's mounted 115+127. We're waiting.

Edited by Shimmergloom667
  • Like 2

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

Ok, so next one is an APG-79 upgrade for all hornets? Actually USMC operates F18C with APG-79 upgrade. Is this the real or not?

Swiss pylons have nothing of a special pylon, NATOPS are not the only reference for an F-18C. Next time in description of module please write: US Navy model of this year without any upgrade.

I challenge you to find an image of such a loadout on a hornet that isn't Swiss for reasons above.

It's exactly what I say, evidences or documentation is only a photo or an old/new Natops manual that change almost every year, supposed to be the 2008 version that you can find easily on the net, but you can find evidences that It changes often.

So no photo, no party. And is this the reason for we don't have yet a dual rack for GBU-32?

Nevermind, I give up.

APG-79 didn't even enter testing until 2006, and even then it was for E/F Super Hornets and Growlers at the time.

There absolutely is a different outboard pylon on Swiss Hornets, it looks just like the outboard pylon on a Super Hornet. Normal legacy Hornets use the SUU-63 suspension pylon with the BRU-32 mounted to it, which this is not, look at this and compare it to a regular Hornet pylon.

https://m.imgur.com/jIbAVwB?r

Also, FYI, ED did state early in development that the module was going to be a USN/USMC Hornet circa 2005.

Edited by Tholozor
  • Like 2

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

24 minutes ago, Ipergallo said:

Ok, so next one is an APG-79 upgrade for all hornets? Actually USMC operates F18C with APG-79 upgrade. Is this the real or not?

Swiss pylons have nothing of a special pylon, NATOPS are not the only reference for an F-18C. Next time in description of module please write: US Navy model of this year without any upgrade.

It's exactly what I say, evidences or documentation is only a photo or an old/new Natops manual that change almost every year, supposed to be the 2008 version that you can find easily on the net, but you can find evidences that It changes often.

So no photo, no party. And is this the reason for we don't have yet a dual rack for GBU-32?

Nevermind, I give up.

No USMC Hornet of the timeframe modeled (ca. 2005) used an APG-79.

If you don't have pictures or documentation of a ca. 2005 USN/USMC Hornet with 127 directly on the wing, then there's no basis to argue a ca. 2005 USN/USMC Hornet should be able to be such equipped.

So, yeah - no proof (yeah, e.g. a picture), no party. Good stuff.

Edited by Shimmergloom667

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H