P-51 Damage Textures

Jace11

Just a note, there is bug caused by the damage textures for the P-51 being in the wrong .dds format.

P51D_damage_main.dds and P51D_damage_main_2.dds have been saved as volume textures (this is normally used for damage_maps only).

This results in bullet holes etc being black. I opened them and re-saved as a DXT1 2D textures and this fixes the issue.

Edited by Jace11

• 2 weeks later...
It reproduces for me as well in hotfix 2 of 2.5.

Can you point me to where the files are (couldn't find them in the install dir) and how did you change their type? (Just change the extension to DXT1?)

Also, is there a way to open an official ticket for it?

The files are located in P-51D.zip which is located in \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures

You need to open them with the nVidia dds plugin in Photoshop or GIMP then save them as DXT1, but make sure the format option is set to 2D textures (this should be the default).

There are a couple of ways to replace the broken textures, one is by placing the new ones into the original zip, but I suggest you make a folder \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures with the same file name as the zip...

so...

\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures\P-51D

and place them in there, this will override the zip for these two textures only.

But it sounds like you havent done this before so I zipped the two textures and attached them to this post. Do not copy this zip file to \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\World\textures - it will overwrite the original, extract it first then copy the resulting folder to there instead so you have a folder called P-51D in World/textures with the two damage textures in there.

When finished you can check in modelviewer or in game thats it's working. The damage textures should look like this....:

attachment.php?attachmentid=179022&stc=1&d=1518518109

P-51D.zip

Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.c072357128576808d392d4e2d194795a.jpg

Edited by Jace11