New StreamDeck Plugin

Hi pocketedition,

The stream deck plugin is made according to the official SDK from Stream Deck, meaning there’s no modification done to the stream deck software. Adding and removing the plugin should be as simple as adding/removing an App to an iPhone. It just adds additional button options to choose from in the menu and all standard Stream Deck Key press buttons are still available.

The complicated part is the copying over the export scripts, but hopefully if you follow along with the installation video on YouTube it hopefully won’t be too bad. The risk of messing anything up to the point of the game not working is pretty low.

But StreamDeck is easy and intuititive to use by itself.

Yes but it could be better. An "undo" option would be such a nice feature to have amongst a few other things that need to be implemented to make the life of a user less frustrating.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

ctytler

Thank you, great looking piece of work.

On occasion I mess things up really badly, My Son supervises recovery operations and does a lot of muttering.

I have had my cappuccino machine impounded more than once.

I think stage 1 is..... "DCS-ExportScripts](https://github.com/s-d-a/DCS-ExportScripts"

That looks easy. I can do copy/cut/stick

stage 2 ..... " run the installer `com.ctytler.dcs.streamDeckPlugin`"

Is that it ? if so I can do that.

Update 19th May

Ok, I'm sure I have done it. It's all connected and a test run was all good.

(Great to get it done before someone else spotted me doing it.)

I have yet to configure anything complicated, just did a button for UFC on the Hairnet.

But yeah all good.

Edited by pocketedition
reason for edit - I'm a smartypants

Many thanks for creating this plugin !

I just received my Stream Deck, and it's amazing for DCS.

Anyway, i noticed that ExportScript adds some performance hit, fluctuating my FPS between 55-60. Instead, without the script DCS runs stable at 60 fps.

Taking a look to the configuration (at DCS-ExportScript/Config.lua), i tried modifying this parameter which defines the poll frequency:

ExportScript.Config.ExportInterval = 0.25

With the above value, DCS runs much better, fixing the FPS fluctuations.

I guess the default value (0.05) may be required for other applications, but probably is a bit high for Stream Deck.

I hope that is useful for someone.

Fantastic tool! I'm getting some weird behavior with a profile I'm creating for the UH-1, and without going into all the detail, I think the issue is that the Stream Decks are talking to DCS but not vice versa. I've installed DCS-ExportScripts per instruction, and added the required line for your Plugin at the end of my Export.lua (after lines for Vaicom, TacView and Helios if I recall).

Assuming this is user error, what's the most common reason why DCS would not be communicating button/switch states of the UH-1 back to your Stream Deck plugin? Any guesses what I did wrong? Many thanks!

Check that you change the port in the config.lua file.

Initial Configuration

If you plan to only use DCS Interface for Streamdeck with the DCS-ExportScript and not Ikarus, you can modify the file DCS-ExportScript\Config.lua to have the following settings (where IkarusPort is changed from 1625 to 1725 for DCS Interface) to get everything connected:

-- Ikarus a Glass Cockpit Software ExportScript.Config.IkarusExport = true -- false for not use ExportScript.Config.IkarusHost = "127.0.0.1" -- IP for Ikarus ExportScript.Config.IkarusPort = 1725 -- Port Ikarus (1625) ExportScript.Config.IkarusSeparator = ":"

Got it! And I assume I still leave the line:

ExportScript.Config.IkarusExport = true -- false for not use

...set to "= true" because we want DCS ExportScripts to continue to export all the data it would normally export for Ikarus, but we just want it to do it on the port used by "DCS Interface for Streamdeck" instead?

[My primitive line of questioning is reminding me of a favorite Homer Simspon quote: ""It’s so simple to be smart … just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."]

Good morning, everyone,

First of all, sorry about my poor English.

I managed to create the scripts for the F-16, F-14 and JF-17. I want to make it clear that I'm not an expert in this kind of work and this is the first time I've done it. I specify too that these scripts are not complete but all the buttons and lights are fully functional. I based myself on the F-18 and Viggen files so don't be surprised if you discover lines corresponding to these two planes in the last two parts of the scripts.

For the F-14 scripts there are double step commands that are not exactly the same in terms of the number of decimal places that can vary the text value.

I've added the commands for the new M-2000 radio in the M-2000C files.

Hoping to have been of service to you I wish you a lot of fun:)

Have a good flight

Edit Nov 13 2020: New Files for F-16, F-14, JF-17

ExportsModules.rar

Edited by Chacal_IX
Edit Nov 13 2020: New Files for F-16, F-14, JF-17. Old File for F-16 cause CTD with TGP

Got it! And I assume I still leave the line:

ExportScript.Config.IkarusExport = true -- false for not use

...set to "= true" because we want DCS ExportScripts to continue to export all the data it would normally export for Ikarus, but we just want it to do it on the port used by "DCS Interface for Streamdeck" instead?

[My primitive line of questioning is reminding me of a favorite Homer Simspon quote: ""It’s so simple to be smart … just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it."]

Yep, that's correct. You can test the connection with the "DCS Comms" button in the Streamdeck button settings while a mission in DCS is running.

Good morning, everyone,

I managed to create the scripts for the F-16, F-14 and JF-17. I want to make it clear that I'm not an expert in this kind of work and this is the first time I've done it. I specify too that these scripts are not complete but all the buttons and lights are fully functional. I based myself on the F-18 and Viggen files so don't be surprised if you discover lines corresponding to these two planes in the last two parts of the scripts.

For the F-14 scripts there are double step commands that are not exactly the same in terms of the number of decimal places that can vary the text value.

Have a good flight

Wow, fantastic! Thank you for contributing, I'll be sure to try these out.

Excellent plugin :) thanks so much for sharing.... works a treat and very easy to set up and get going.... All the bindings left out by the devs on the Harrier I can now easily access.... Great stuff :thumbup:

One I can not crack is the course bearing knob... only works in cockpit on a mouse scroll and in the plugin there is a function for it but only changes by 1 degree a button push ha ha.... anything springs to mind for 1 push to give multiple separate inputs whilst held down... just a thought...

SIGBLOCK.png

Good morning, everyone,

Have a good flight

Thanks a lot.:)

Excellent plugin :) thanks so much for sharing.... works a treat and very easy to set up and get going.... All the bindings left out by the devs on the Harrier I can now easily access.... Great stuff :thumbup:

One I can not crack is the course bearing knob... only works in cockpit on a mouse scroll and in the plugin there is a function for it but only changes by 1 degree a button push ha ha.... anything springs to mind for 1 push to give multiple separate inputs whilst held down... just a thought...

One thing that comes to my mind:

Have you tried, to change the increments? F.e., you create one button for, let's say, +/- 1 degree, one button for +/- 10 degrees.

Or is the max value already 1? I don't know if you can change the max value.

sharkfin out!

Support your local AirTransportWing !

Roal Bavarian Airforce all the way

NEW RIGRYZEN 7  5800X3D~ AORUS GTX 1080Ti ~ AORUS X570S Elite AX ~64 GB Corsair Venegance DDR-4 3600 ~ BeQuiet AIO Silent loop 2 360  watercooled ~ Samsung 890 Pro M.2 (2TB) + 870 EVO (1TB) SSD ~ WIN 10 64-bit ~ AOC 31.5" Gaming 144Hz Display ~ DelanClip@TrackIR 5 ~ TM Warthog no.2 ~Saitek rudder pedals~ 2 TM MFDs on 2nd 27"display ~ Buddyfox A-10 UFC ~ CDU/AAP panel via DCSBios ~ ARC-210 (soldering WIP)

O....

Have you tried, to change the increments? F.e., you create one button for, let's say, +/- 1 degree, one button for +/- 10 degrees.

Or is the max value already 1? I don't know if you can change the max value.

Thanks for coming back SF... yes I tried all variants to no avail - most still moved it just 1 degree regardless or some just broke it ha ha...

What I need to achieve to make this work is multiple mouse scroll inputs when a key is held down or at least a large number per push... or maybe, if extremely lucky.. Razbam put a binding to it..

SIGBLOCK.png

Another possible option: Use the "multiple action" function that is native in the Stream Deck, so that one push of a Stream Deck button is, say, ten one-degree incremental increase commands.

First, drag "Multiple Actions" or whatever its called onto a button. Then in the menu where you specify the actions, create an incremental action from the DCS Plugin for the 1-degree increase. Maybe add a tenth-second delay action after it. Then just copy-paste nine times. That should result in one press of the Stream Deck button sending ten one-degree increment increase commands in rapid succession. Then you just create a second button for one-degree increment increases to fine tune.

Not the most elegant solution, but may be less tiresome than dragging the mouse again and again.

First of all, great plugin. An awesome contribution.

Have a few questions that I'll try to keep short:

First of all, on the display string unaltered option text box (when unchecked) I have a heading indicator of 0.0000 - 1.0000 range (10,000 increments) which are way to many options to make key=text or 0.5000=180,0.5001=180 etc.... Is there a way to display key=key*360? to show 180 for 0.5000?

Secondly, is there a way to support three way switches with image state changes. On my electrical and lighting panels, all the two way switches work great with your plugin (reducing two buttons to one), but I still have to have 3 hotkey buttons for 3 way switches. Would be nice to reduce this to one switch.

Lastly, is it possible to monitor values from DCS that are not in your ID lookup? Is your lookup all inclusive of the items I can use, or can I go beyond this somehow (by knowing the id myself, or adding to the export script to export these values etc..)

Last question. Do you have a donate page?

Again, awesome plugin, appreciate your time.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

Ctytler,

Thanks for your hard work, awesome job. I just bought multiple Stream deck xl's. Where can I get your DCS Profiles for each aircraft?

Also can you link multiple decks , like 4 xls together to make on big one.....so for example..F18 ufc, instead of subfolders, because lack of space/buttons, the profile extends across all decks to fit every button.....it would really simulate as whole really well. I hope I explained correctly, getting mine today, x 4 stream deck xls. Plan on mapping every console, minus mfds. Thanks for any advise!

Awesome job! Thank you

I made a request to ELGATO to add a 3 shortcuts function with 3 images. If the request is successful, maybe Ctytler will be able to integrate it in its plug-in.

+1

I’ve asked the same to Elgato :thumbup:

Thanks

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

A big one for me is figuring out how to display the output of some of the monitored DCS id's. Think I'll have to play with how the values are output from the .lua file somehow.

The plugin is awesome, and I'm displaying things like heading and what heading my knob is tuned to so that i don't have to be looking down at my instruments while flying to set my runway heading for approach etc...

righ not a 180 degree heading shows as 0.5000 which is fine for headings that ar obvious, but 0.8424 is less obvious. Need to figure out where to put heading=heading*360 to get a nice output, or for example rpm=rpm*1000 to show 1200 rpm instead of 0.1200 rpm.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Modules: Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Nevada | Supercarrier | WWII Assets | FC3 | Spitfire | P-51D | P-47D | F-86F | L-39 | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | A-10C | F-14B | A-4E-C | BS2

System: X570 AMD-3900X | 32GB DDR4 3000 | 2TB Gen 4x4 5GB/s NVME | Dual 1070 TI | 4k 32" Samsung

I made a request to ELGATO to add a 3 shortcuts function with 3 images. If the request is successful, maybe Ctytler will be able to integrate it in its plug-in.

+1

I’ve asked the same to Elgato :thumbup:

Thanks

I did the same one month ago with others things. I link some vidéo of the tutorial to show what could be usefull.:smilewink: