Can I use this as a switch?

Try to pm Sokol1_br . He is our resident controller expert .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

the game controller documentation should tell you how to use this switch.

Did you try to use it with an axis?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Looks like a Saitek X-Something?! Then you have a SW coming with the HOTAS that manages "Profiles" independent of the DCS Control setup.

The Profiler allows to define zones on the slider (axis in general), and assign Key-Commands to the different zones (called bands, IIRC).

There is a detailed manual for the Saitek Profiler, IIRC. My X-52 days where quite a while ago, so please check yourself.

Found it (see under Axis programming): http://www.saitek.com/manuals/st/advanced_EN.html

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This Saitek X-65F four position "slider" is a mode selector.

"On the right edge of the throttle assembly there is a 4-way mode selector switch"

If in Saitek software are no way for change for DX buttons, is not possible direct use in games controls.

At least with the X-52 you could set the "clutch" (mode selector) to a normal DX button in the advanced options.

I guess it should be possible for the mode selector switch as well...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Found this simple guide from Nitro5 on Reddit: "In the programming software look at the top where it says 'mode 2' and 'mode 3' you can see an 'x' beside it?

Click the 'x' until you only have a single column.

Once you have only one column click on the blue 'mode 1' button on the top and select 'no button'

This way your mode switch no longer switches modes, but only sends a button press."

If this isn't supported, try to assign keystroke to the Mode selector positions you can then assign in DCS.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

Looks like x55 or x56, you can set it up in the profiler to command your brakes but it takes a bit of work. Say, for example speed brake extend is lctrl+b and retract is lshift+b. Set up an advanced macro so that when you pull the switch it emulates a press and hold of lctrl+b. Then when you push it forward an advanced macro to emulate the press and hold of lshift+b. Make sure you quantize the time so the buttons are emulated see being pressed or released at the same time. If this is really confusing let me know. I had an x55 and used the slider for brakes just like this.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk