Any update plans of WWII Assets?

gomwolf

Yeah, I do not understand this way how ED announce new things... The long silence after the new announcements is very frustrating.

Probably to avoid backlash that comes with missing any set date, even when they say something along the lines of "targeting this, but no promises".

I agree I would like more information, but when they give us more information and then situations change causing that information to be inaccurate, people take to forums/reddit causing a bit of a mess.

But hopefully, they do give us some information on the damage model, and assets. IIRC, nineline said something about them building x-ray models for damage model of some AI aircraft not too far back. (A few days ago)

I also imagine they will want to release it close to, or alongside the P-47 (pure speculation on my end, but it makes sense business wise) so if we get more news about the 47, I imagine damage model is close to follow.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably to avoid backlash that comes with missing any set date, even when they say something along the lines of "targeting this, but no promises".

I agree I would like more information, but when they give us more information and then situations change causing that information to be inaccurate, people take to forums/reddit causing a bit of a mess.

But hopefully, they do give us some information on the damage model, and assets. IIRC, nineline said something about them building x-ray models for damage model of some AI aircraft not too far back. (A few days ago)

I also imagine they will want to release it close to, or alongside the P-47 (pure speculation on my end, but it makes sense business wise) so if we get more news about the 47, I imagine damage model is close to follow.

I think you're not far off that they're prob saving for a bit WW2 patch + channel map + P-47 all in one.

Though as a bit of constructive feedback, as others have said: please don't show us stuff that won't make it in the game for year or so.

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16

Though as a bit of constructive feedback, as others have said: please don't show us stuff that won't make it in the game for year or so.

This. I can understand that the people at ED are very enthusiastic about the stuff they are working on and want to show it. But it just looks very bad if words as "as soon as possible" in this assets pack and WW2 DM newsletter from 2017 apparently mean three years plus.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter02062017.html

I think you're not far off that they're prob saving for a bit WW2 patch + channel map + P-47 all in one.

Yeah I completely get that as well, but they need to show things from time to time or people start thinking they've disappeared or etc. and the uncertainty would hurt current sales.

But ideally, yes they dont show us something that is more than 1-1.5 years out. There is a reason, most big games due advertising in a year to 9 months cycles. When you start getting over a year its very difficult to keep people interested.

Fears strongly that warbirds are the poor cousins of DCS. It's true that we are a small community stupid enough to buy an unfinished Normandy card (not even a church in ED villages knows little about France etc...) and an embryonic assetpack.:mad:

Edited by Maxime

Fears strongly that warbirds are the poor cousins of DCS. It's true that we are a small community stupid enough to buy an unfinished Normandy card (not even a church in ED villages knows little about France etc...) and an embryonic assetpack.:mad:

It certainly feels that way. Since the asset pack was first released in its unfinished form ED have released the F18 and F16. Maybe we will see the Super carrier as well before we see an assets pack update. Fingers crossed that we will see a series of WW2 updates in quick succession. Maybe this year could be a good year for DCS WW2? We could have the damage model, assets pack update and P47D. We could be lucky and see a WW2 Marianas map and F4U corsair as well? We can only dream. :)

Edited by Snapage

@Maxime

see your point, but pls keep in mind thats this Level of a Simulator isnt easy to program. Every time if I fly this I really pleased about the Flight Model and ground physics.

As it really close to the reality. Its really a joy to fly the Fw180A8 and also the Spitfire. Hope they will rework also the Fw190D9 and Bf109K4.

I am sure there will be more content in future.

They really do an insane good Job here. If the Damage Model is out we will see the high Level as usual. I really prefer DCS in opposite of IL2.

IL2 is a better Warthunder and Starting/Landing is a joke in Il2. Dont wont to flame Il2, but its the reallity. So in my opinion we have to be

patience and hope they will adress us...

Edited by umland

@Maxime

see your point, but pls keep in mind thats this Level of a Simulator isnt easy to program. Every time if I fly this I really pleased about the Flight Model and ground physics.

As it really close to the reality. Its really a joy to fly the Fw180A8 and also the Spitfire. Hope they will rework also the Fw190D9 and Bf109K4.

I am sure there will be more content in future.

They really do an insane good Job here. If the Damage Model is out we will see the high Level as usual. I really prefer DCS in opposite of IL2.

IL2 is a better Warthunder and Starting/Landing is a joke in Il2. Dont wont to flame Il2, but its the reallity. So in my opinion we have to be

patience and hope they will adress us...

I agree, DCS with the new damage model will excel IL2 in almost every other way. I love IL2 don't take me wrong, but the feeling of flying in DCS is not comparable and the combat immersion is only held back by the bad damage modelling which wilñl be updated soon hopefully.

The P-47, Channel map and damage model can't come soon enough and having new clouds will be the cherry on top.

i7 12700KF | MSI Z690 A-PRO | Corsair Vengeance 2x16 gb @ 3200 Mhz | RTX 3070 Ti FE | Acer XB271HU 1440P 144HZ | Virpil T-50 CM throttle | Virpil WarBRD Base + MongoosT-50 CM2 Grip | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5 | HP Reverb G2

Bf 109 K-4 | Fw 190 A-8 | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | P-51D | Fw 190 D-9 | P-47D | Mosquito FB VI | F/A 18C | F-14 A/B | F-16C | MiG-15bis | MiG-21bis | M-2000C | A-10C | AJS-37 Viggen | UH-1H | Ka-50 | Mi-24P | C-101 | Flaming Cliffs 3

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | The Channel | Syria

I agree, DCS with the new damage model will excel IL2 in almost every other way. I love IL2 don't take me wrong, but the feeling of flying in DCS is not comparable and the combat immersion is only held back by the bad damage modelling which wilñl be updated soon hopefully.

The P-47, Channel map and damage model can't come soon enough and having new clouds will be the cherry on top.

I'm a big fan of both flightsims.

But IL2 is doing pretty good with the damage model. They just released a 2GB update yesterday and most of it was under the hood damage modeling. Seems pretty sophisticated. That said, the IL2 mission editor is a disaster and a headache and a pain in the azz all rolled into one. The DCS mission editor is much, much better. I use it for every flight.

But again, I want both flightsims.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Well DCS has a better flight model and looks nicer in my opinion. But the IL2 developers have been making many improvements and have built an entire new theatre(gone from eastern front to western front). In the same time frame we are still waiting for a damage model, for existing bugs to be fixed,WW2 assets and performance improvements so that we can have a viable WW2 experience in DCS.

Well, DCS's flight and systems modelling is unsurpassed as far as CFSs go. So if you want a more realistic experience you choose DCS, whereas if you don't care about gamey sim-lite FMs and nonexistent systems, you choose something else with more gaming value. It's as simple as that.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Well, DCS's flight and systems modelling is unsurpassed as far as CFSs go. So if you want a more realistic experience you choose DCS, whereas if you don't care about gamey sim-lite FMs and nonexistent systems, you choose something else with more gaming value. It's as simple as that.

True, however, that's why some call it ironically (but very much to the point) "Digital Cockpit Simulator". The problem for WWII-oriented customers begins when you want some "Digital Combat Simulation" out of it. This is where, for the time being, it falls short compared to competition. Granted, since last year it has finally started catching up at much more noticeable pace than before, but boy of boy, does it have a lot to catch up or what (and competition doesn't stand still either).

In the meantime, I love the Jug + Normandy teasers.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Absolutely true Art. But I'll still wait for DCS WW2 to mature instead of bailing out, because the flyables are so good. But the dev pace is indeed so glacial, that one can't help but feel a bit frustrated at times :huh:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

... So can we expect to get it any time soon? ...

In short: you can, but you shouldn't. That saves you lots of frustration. Maybe ED will release the AI planes along with the P-47, maybe not.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

A few months ago the dev picture of a Junkers bomber was published. So can we expect to get it any time soon? Getting at least one German bomber is the most important thing for me regarding the WW2 assets.

Junkers bomber with torpedo has show on videos and pics on the last mounts and weeks with torpedoes. Others has Mosquito FB, A-20s and more.

2020-01-23-Ju-88-A-4-03.jpg

2020-01-23-Ju-88-A-4-01.jpg

Waiting to see them soon...

About WW2 assets pack units

Released

WW2 weapons

- AB-250 bomb dropping

- AB-500 bomb dropping

- SC-2 Submunition

- SC-10 Submunition

- SC-250L-2 Bomb

- SC-500L-2 Bomb

- SD-250 Stg Bomb

- SD-500A Stg Bomb

incoming....

Air Units:

- A-20 Boston Light Bomber

- Ju-88A-4 / Torp

- Mosquito FB

- P-47

Naval Units

- E-boat Schnellboot type S-130

- Type VII-С/41

land Units

- Flak-41

- Flakscheinwerfer 37

- M10 "Wolverine" tank destroyer

- Mk IV Churchill VII Tank

- Mk VIII Centaur IV close support tank

- Maschinenstz 33 generator

- Sd.Kfz.184 Elefant

- StuG III

Weapons

- AN-M30A1 Bomb

- AN-M57 Bomb

- AN-M59 White Pette Submunition

- AN-M65 Bomb

- British RP-3 AP rocket

- British RP-3 AH rocket

- E6R2 Cluster Bomb

- LTF-5B Torpedo

- G7A-T1 Torpedo

- M-8 Rocket

- Rocket Launcher 4.5 inch

Others

- V-1/Fieseler Fi 103 site

- Torpedoes for aircraft and sea vessels

Others planned and on develop:

Air:

- Avro Lancaster

- A-26 Invader

- B-24 Liberator

- B-25 Mitchel

- B-26 Invader

- Bf 109 G-6

- C-47 Dakota

- Fw-190 F-8

- Hawker Typhoon

- Heinkel 111 Bomber

- Ju-87 Stuka

Land:

- 37 mm Gun M1

- QF 3.7-inch AA gun

- M45 Quadmount

Weapons

- V-1/Fieseler Fi 103 Vergeltungswaffe 1 FZG-76

- V-2/Aggregat-4

Others

- V-1/Fieseler Fi 103 site

- V-2/Aggregat-4 site

And more in the future.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

BF-109 G6 !!! YES!!
I'd hope we'd see a flyable one at some point

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria