Barthek's CAUCASUS REDONE 2022

Hello,

thank you for your kind words. The project will continue, but I cannot give you any ETA now. Once I have something new to share with you, I surely will! Below, please find some screenshots of summer in 2.5.6:

McXiZuO.png

CSZsQxI.png

tpvjDvm.png

9t1pURq.png

xgOd6Y3.png

oAnwKlX.png

Zionid, the problem with snow in the mountains is well known to me. I think the solution is to play with different values in terrain.cfg file - this needs some further testing.

Cheers!

Barthek, would it be possible to edit / modify the trees ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Barthek, this ground textures mod is the best I've ever used

Thank you so much

Only the trees .... they look so ugly

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Lenux, as far as the trees are concerned, I can only change their colour - which I already did. I think the problem with them lies in the model. They basically reflect too much light and, hence, look unrealistic. There is not much I can do, unless ED gives me a hint.

Stratos, the pictures you have posted don't show my mod properly installed. These are the stock textures you have there. Make sure you install the mod correctly and report back.

MY fault then, any tutorial for the damn JGSME?

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Thank you Barthek, this mod is amazing :thumbup:

http://www.cruzdesanandres.com/

My skins

Windows 10 Pro -Asus rog strix z490-e gaming  - I7 10700K - Ram Corsair 32 GB 3600 - Samsung 970 evo plus 1tb  - RTX 4070TI 12Gb - Gigabyte G32QC  2‎560 x 1440 (QHD)- Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog  -TPR: Thrustmaster Pendular Rudder - Track IR 5 - VR samsung odyssey plus

You should use OVGME as its much better than JSGME

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Great fun! Looks great. Thank you.

Edit: The only negative would be the lack of snow/ice in the high elevations in the southern Caucasus. The higher peaks are all glaciated. So there would be snow packs up there in summer, too. It felt a little strange flying over the Bezengi Wall and seeing so much ground exposed. But that’s just me. I doubt it’s something most people would even care about.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Great fun! Looks great. Thank you.

Edit: The only negative would be the lack of snow/ice in the high elevations in the southern Caucasus. The higher peaks are all glaciated. So there would be snow packs up there in summer, too. It felt a little strange flying over the Bezengi Wall and seeing so much ground exposed. But that’s just me. I doubt it’s something most people would even care about.

Thanks for the feedback. I will lower the snow coverage in the next release.

• 1 month later...
Sure but not complete mod :music_whistling:

Hello,

I started working on the spring texture pack, but had to stop because of the poor performance I have with my PC. I have already ordered a new rig and will resume works as soon as I get it. Till that time, please use my summer textures or other great mods made by Starway or Mustang.

Regards,

Barthek