My two cents on F-16 Turn Rate and the EM Diagrams - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-08-2020, 03:22 AM   #61
OB1

My survivability and fighting performance in DCS has drastically increased ever since I have stopped using that paddle switch and fly by the numbers instead. Only use it when I'm about to fly into the deck and on rare occasions for a cheeky AIM-9X launch.

I find this side of the forums an interesting perspective considering the 18 has underpowed engines and poor throttle response. I don't know about the rest of the general flight performance but the DCS 18 definitely doesn't match the military's 18c sim capabilities in terms of engine performance.
OB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:40 AM   #62
Low Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummingbird View Post
Sorry, but the measured load factors don't lie.
I'll say it again. Given pilots of equal BFM skill, the hornet is no longer capable of dominating in the two circle fight on the deck against the viper. A correctly-flown viper now rates around on the hornet. PM sent.

My Specs:
Spoiler:
i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!

Last edited by Low Blow; 08-08-2020 at 03:52 AM.
Low Blow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:49 AM   #63
Hummingbird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow View Post
I'll say it again. Given pilots of equal BFM skill, the hornet is no longer capable of winning a two circle fight on the deck against the Viper. PM sent.
Saw it, and like I said in the PM, the Hornet pilot wasn't even approaching is best STR.

And like I also said, I'll gladly demonstrate it in 1 vs 1's if you so wish.
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 03:57 AM   #64
Low Blow

Demonstrate away. I've sent you my discord.

My Specs:
Spoiler:
i7 8700K, 32gig Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz, 2080ti, Obutto R3volution, VKB Gunfighter Mk.III MCG Pro EN, Warthog Throttle, Saitek Combat Pedals, Oculus Rift S

MMSOBGYTAST!
Old 08-08-2020, 04:21 AM   #65
Hummingbird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Blow View Post
Demonstrate away. I've sent you my discord.
Copy that, applied.
Old 08-08-2020, 06:53 AM   #66
104th_Money

Low Blow...

First off, Top Cat was Tomcat and the event and plane has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. Why would you even bring that up? Secondly, at the start of our match, which you were RIO and not pilot, I had some serious RL shit going on that was taking a major chunk of my attention.

Didnt bother mentioning that then, it wouldnt have looked good on my part or as a representative of the 104th to complain although my RIO and squadron leader was well aware of the situation in real time, so I took the L like a man, and gave Ray his due credit in the after interview.

I'd be happy to have a friendly rematch any time to give a much more accurate representation of my skill level without the distractions...

As far as on the deck Viper vs. Hornet, PM me and host up a mission and I'll be happy to demonstrate it to you.
Alienware Aurora R5 i7-6700k liquid cooled,4.0ghz overclocked to 4.4ghz, 32gb 2133mhz memory, 512gb SSD/1tb HD, EVGA RTX 2080ti FTW3 Ultra, 32" Asus 2560x1440 display, 32" Acer HD monitor, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Pro Pedals.
104th_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:29 AM   #67
Hummingbird
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 104th_Money View Post

As far as on the deck Viper vs. Hornet, PM me and host up a mission and I'll be happy to demonstrate it to you.
No need, we just did a good amount of flights together where he saw the Hornets noticably superior turn performance compared with the Viper in DCS, and he was a good sport and quickly acknowledged it as well.
Old 08-08-2020, 11:24 AM   #68
Low Blow

Quote:
Low Blow...

First off, Top Cat was Tomcat and the event and plane has absolutely nothing to do with this discussion. Why would you even bring that up? Secondly, at the start of our match, which you were RIO and not pilot, I had some serious RL shit going on that was taking a major chunk of my attention.

Didnt bother mentioning that then, it wouldnt have looked good on my part or as a representative of the 104th to complain although my RIO and squadron leader was well aware of the situation in real time, so I took the L like a man, and gave Ray his due credit in the after interview.

I'd be happy to have a friendly rematch any time to give a much more accurate representation of my skill level without the distractions...

Money, oh right, well glad to hear you are better. My comment was meant as a joke in regard to your coffee comment but clearly hit a raw nerve. Are you ok man?

As HB said above, he showed me what he was referring to regarding the hornet. Point well made, I've been flying against hornet pilots who perhaps aren't as good as HB. But sure I am always up for some friendly merges.

Sorry again if I offended you with the Top Cat comment.

My Specs:
Spoiler:

MMSOBGYTAST!

Last edited by Low Blow; 08-08-2020 at 11:33 AM.
Old 08-09-2020, 08:03 AM   #69
SCPanda

Quote:
Low Blow...

Nobody can understand you. Please do not bring your personal stuff in a discussion about Viper BFM... You can always argue in reddit
SCPanda is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #70
Low Blow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCPanda View Post
Nobody can understand you. Please do not bring your personal stuff in a discussion about Viper BFM... You can always argue in reddit
Panda, he was right to get upset. My comment was insensitive. It's all sorted now.

LB

My Specs:
Spoiler:

MMSOBGYTAST!

Last edited by Low Blow; 08-09-2020 at 09:52 AM.