Greatest interview with ED 7/31 - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-05-2020, 02:38 AM   #71
freehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAM View Post
He was just referring to the fact that 5/6 years ago DCS didn’t have all this attention..
He was not talking about realism, flight or system modelling.
He also said that he approached it back then as a game but now the player base increased by a magnitude and that changed.
Also now ED has a lot of requests from the militaries thanks to DCS.

So maybe he did use some wrong words (game instead of simulator...but come on...yes it is a simulator, but also a computer game in the end) but the concept he is saying is correct.
Some still get there nickers in a twist over this ̶g̶a̶m̶e̶ simulator.
freehand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:14 AM   #72
Winterz

Grim reapers.. No thanks.

Lose sight / Lose fight
Winterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 11:09 AM   #73
Ala13_ManOWar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanekK30 View Post
At what time was it, or what question?
Somebody already answered,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoman View Post
They only said that they are looking at the possibility of doing a MIG-29A @1:37:18.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRKL...ature=youtu.be

S!
Old 08-05-2020, 12:44 PM   #74
Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Dragon View Post
Vulkan has in progress

Enviado desde mi RNE-L21 mediante Tapatalk

Vulkan IS not has

its in progress since 2 years and so far no news about it
  • CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black
Goa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:32 PM   #75
Raven68
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to Raven68

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnate View Post
While it’s nice to listen to these interviews, I can say with confidence they (grim reapers) do not speak for the majority of DCS multiplayer community.

I’ve flown with multiple squadrons over the years and statements like “nobody wants to be a RIO” is 100% false. I hope ED is not taking all of their statements as facts.
I just noticed this thread and could not agree more with this statement. Also the statements made about controllable bombers having no value or return seems to be narrow in vision as well.
GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)
Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System
Windows 10 Professional
Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies
Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals
Raven68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:57 PM   #76
Krupi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven68 View Post
I just noticed this thread and could not agree more with this statement. Also the statements made about controllable bombers having no value or return seems to be narrow in vision as well.
Yes, I have to agree here.

If they do another interview in the future they need to learn to let the interviewee speak not put there own spin on the answer they want.

Mortified to hear about the response regarding the Hawker Typhoon, might as well forget about a few WWII campaigns/era if they just won't bother creating aircraft that have no flying examples. It was something I really didn't want to hear as an advocate for DCS: WWII and the Hawker Typhoon/Tempest

Really hope they do create the Typhoon.

Project IX Cockpit

Last edited by Krupi; 08-05-2020 at 04:11 PM.
Krupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 04:16 AM   #77
robert.clark251

Do not be mortified just yet. Simon said even though the Tornado and Typhoon were not planned with ED, this is intentional with some aircraft. If they feel the aircraft deserves the ED level of attention and is very Iconic, they are pursuing those more advanced projects. He did say 3rd parties are not ruled out on the Tornado and other modules ED is not pursuing. Someone will surely pick up the Tornado and some of the other iconic aircraft we want to see. Honestly, I like this business model. It allows the company to grow via 3rd party devs without putting tremendous strain on ED to create everything. We all know how long it takes to develop one of these modules. This only inspires future creators to bring new content to the table. I hope to see more and more 3rd party groups showing up to the show soon with ground units and sea units coming to the table. I fully expect to see more great things from the community in the pipeline.
robert.clark251 is offline   Reply With Quote