DCS: F/A-18C THE SERPENT'S HEAD 2 CAMPAIGN - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-04-2020, 07:22 PM   #31
ineptaphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
As promised I flew mission 8. All went well both buildings destroyed but there were some strange responses as had indicated in the mission brief.

I came in from the south west set up nine line with JTAC. All good cleared in hot. After impact JTAC says "shift". Nothing suitable in the JTAC radio menu for response so turned uncaged second missile and as suggested by "shift" he is lazing second target so fire second missile. Hit second target. He then says "Abort Abort Abort" then pauses and says " no further targets etc" and your on your way in the mission.

Not sure why it does this but think it started after an update. I will play around with things to see if I can stop the strange responses but it may be a bug.

You should however be able to proceed with both buildings destroyed as I did.
Youre right- after he says target not destroyed, he shifts and paints next target. All went well there. But then after that when enemy armour is advancing on Axeman, i started to loop about to go help them but was told i failed as they were not protected. But that was less than 20 seconds after getting the radio message for help
ineptaphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 07:44 PM   #32
ineptaphid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ineptaphid View Post
Youre right- after he says target not destroyed, he shifts and paints next target. All went well there. But then after that when enemy armour is advancing on Axeman, i started to loop about to go help them but was told i failed as they were not protected. But that was less than 20 seconds after getting the radio message for help

NVM. Worked perfectly the next time
ineptaphid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #33
Glyn

Quote:
Had the same issue. Just cant destroy those houses with the cannon. Both are always on about 20% health
Just flew it today to check this out. For some reason things seem quite a bit harder than originally designed and not as intended. I have now updated the mission to resolve and past the files on to ED.
I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.
Glyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 08:24 PM   #34
Glyn

Quote:
NVM. Worked perfectly the next time
I think I have now resolved the strange JTAC messages using a work round. Have updated the mission and issued same to ED.
I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:33 AM   #35
fille_swe

Thanks Glyn.
fille_swe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:26 AM   #36
Brutal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glyn View Post
I think I have now resolved the strange JTAC messages using a work round. Have updated the mission and issued same to ED.
Out of interest, when should I see the files updated on my copy? Do I have to redownload or does ED patch it through in an update?
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 04:39 AM   #37
Glyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal View Post
Out of interest, when should I see the files updated on my copy? Do I have to redownload or does ED patch it through in an update?
Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
It will be in a update and shouldn’t impact where you are in the campaign. I don’t know when actually they will include in an update. Hopefully soon.