Community A-4E-C

Threat Index added, please let me know if any changes

a-4ec.png

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Skyhawk Tips and Tricks Part 3

Here is the latest "Tips and Tricks" video. Please let me know if you have any feedback.

Suggestions are always welcome.

If you are enjoying these videos please consider subscribing and liking. It will help me be able to continue to make them.

I've never heard of this problem before. Can you take a video of that? The only glitching I know of is when you taxi onto the grass, you'll get a glitching effect. But that is due to how the sim handles the SFM model. Can't be fixed by us.

Sometimes you get a flicker in the screen every 5 seconds or so if you are using a flat screen TV as your monitor but the resolution is to low such as trying to use a 780p to use as a monitor. I had this problem. As soon as I switched over to the higher resolution of a 1080p everything was fine.

The refresh rate of the TV can't keep up with the speed of the computer.

That's just the problem I had. Not saying it's yours.

Part of the install instructions say:

"Do not download directly from the Github repository."

This is where I downloaded from at the bottom of the page.

https://github.com/heclak/community-a4e-c/releases/tag/v1.4

Is this correct.

Don't want to start off wrong from the get go.

It also says....

If you have installed other DCS World mods, you might already have the Mods and aircraft folders indicated in the file path. If this is the case, merge the A-4E-C folder into any existing folders, so as to avoid overwriting any other DCS modules you might have installed in these folders.

I have one other file in my mods file for TachView. But I noticed your file structure on the sample page you posted shows an aircraft file folder leading to aircraft mods but Tacview is in a folder called Tech. Do I need to create the aircraft folder or will it do it itself without messing with the Tacveiw (tech) folder?

that is the correct link, the "community A-4E v1.4zip" at the bottom of the page

it should look roughly like this in the end

savedgames/dcs/mods/aircraft/

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

that is the correct link, the "community A-4E v1.4zip" at the bottom of the page

it should look roughly like this in the end

savedgames/dcs/mods/aircraft/

Should I create the aircraft folder in the mod folder to keep it from overwriting my Tacview folder?

Or will it create the mod/aircraft folder because it doesn't exist yet?

Now teh next Big question: is tehre any chance to get the JATO system working?

It would make operating from a Skip Ramp Carrier much more realistic...

But an A-4 on a Kuznetsov isn't realistic to begin with, jato or not. :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

well Who knows Maybe china sells an old carrier to Brasil or Argentina ;)

:) Ahh, ok, I see your point.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hey All,

Just thought I'd let you know that the first of the "Haiphong Harbour" episodes is up on the user files server. If you're looking for some new A-4 content, give it a try.

There is a discussion thread here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=281393

The misison video is here:

BTW - The latest video in the series (Episode 10) is here.

Working on making downloadable versions of all of the missions eventually. Support and encouragement will definitely help make that happen! Let me know what you think.

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone is interested in trying out the A-4 around the Stennis on a simple MP server and getting some automated LSO grades, our group has a server set up. It’s meant to just get some exposure to boat ops in a free environment in the Skyhawk, so it’s just the Stennis on the Caucasus map. Pretty awesome free module that doesn’t get a lot of activity in MP servers.

This is an example of the live output to our discord channel and a live dynamic greenie board that tracks the best pass of the day. If anyone is able to get an _OK_ 5.0 pass out of Airboss on the server, they’ll get a free module of their choice from our group.

Server info: JOW Able - Scooter Stuff

Server PW: scooterstuff

Discord link: http:// https://discord.gg/DGNcnaw

Trapsheet

310-E6377-B45-C-4-A36-9-F26-FF9351590-B58.png

Greenie Board

4-AE966-B4-F411-487-C-B591-289169-DC6-F70.jpg

The Trench

Here's the latest installment in the Haiphong Harbour series of videos. Once again we are playing bait, but this time we are flying low and fast to keep the flak of our backs - it'll be just like Beggar's Canyon back home!

:helpsmilie: Please tell me SOMEONE gets the cultural reference!