Mission Progression

Wow is this campaign immersive! Outstanding job, Reflected.

Only issue I have encountered is I recently flew mission #3 (with the B-17's). I flew to the rendezvous point and my flight was engaged by 190's. I managed to down one of them, but then I got hit myself, engine caught fire, and I bailed out. I quit the mission, but the campaign wont let me advance to mission #4 - instead it wants me to fly mission #2 again???

Hi there. I'm glad you enjoy the missions! The condition for success is that the player's unit should be alive, AND at least 10 minutes has to pass since the beginning of the mission. Perhaps the unit was counted dead even though you bailed out? Not sure why would it take you back to mission 2 though, that seems odd.

Hi there. I'm glad you enjoy the missions! The condition for success is that the player's unit should be alive, AND at least 10 minutes has to pass since the beginning of the mission. Perhaps the unit was counted dead even though you bailed out? Not sure why would it take you back to mission 2 though, that seems odd.

After checking the Tacview, it appears I was recognised as dead even though I managed to bail out - I'd say that is what happened. Still doesn't explain why I was reverted back to mission 2 though. Nevertheless I just simply played mission 2 for 10mins, followed by mission 3 for 10mins, and now I'm back to where I should be - ready to start mission 4.

Thanks for the help, Reflected. I sure hope you have something like this campaign in the works for the P-51 :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys I also had this issue. I think the key is to make sure and quit out after passing the mission. If you hit 'start' to have a peak at the next mission then don't load it, I believe it 'fails' you and bounces you back?

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow pilots,

I had the same issue after failing mission 5 (it's a bit more difficult to fly once your horizontal stabilizer has been removed by a German plane :joystick: ), expect I was still alive and didn't bailout.

I sent me back to mission 4, which I passed again by flying 10 minutes.

The thing is I tried to do the same 10 minutes flying for mission 5 and it didn't work...

I flew for a good 15 minutes and my "result" remained stuck at 0...

Any idea what might cause this ? It sounds like a broken trigger, but I am no expert is DCS mission making.

Thanks for your help :)

PS: Other than that, the campaign is amazing! :D

Thanks for the hard work and dedication.

• 4 weeks later...