Moving Terrain Modules to seperate HD

Pasquale1986

Hey guys and girls,

I have a simple question regarding HD space managment and wasn't able to find something in the Forum search which may be pointing to being a stupid question:

Is it possible to move single module folders - e.g. terrains - from the /mods/terrain folder to a different HD?

Thanks in advance and wish you all a wonderfull new years eve

Cheers

Main Module: AH-64D

Personal Wishlist: HH-60G, F-117A, B-52H

Hey guys and girls,

I have a simple question regarding HD space managment and wasn't able to find something in the Forum search which may be pointing to being a stupid question:

Is it possible to move single module folders - e.g. terrains - from the /mods/terrain folder to a different HD?

Thanks in advance and wish you all a wonderfull new years eve

Cheers

I dont think it's possible, Dcs files (exepect those in \saved games) must be under main game folder meaning all maps, modules, etc have to be in C:/program files/DCS World :thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

You could probably do it by making a symbolic link from the default location to a location on your other drive.

Google "symbolic link" and your windows version to find out how.

Easy for those of us who grew up using Unix/Linux. But it can be confusing.

So I made a step by step video. This was so I could link the CONFIG of HOTAS between two versions of DCS (1.5 and 2.x days). But the concept is the same.

bONzpe9hH_M

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1