Highly suspect AI radar performance.

DarkFire

So, I recently played the 4th mission in the Ultimate Argument campaign. Great campaign by the way :thumbup: On the way home from striking the targets it appears that a pair of F-16C's appeared some distance behind me and were then engaged by a pair of friendly Su-27's.

I was about 40-50Km away from the two enemy F-16's when they locked me up. OK, I don't necessarily have an issue with that. Knowing that there was no way that the F-16's could launch on me at that range I accelerated to military thrust and turned on my sorbtsiya ECM pods. No problem.

As I made my approach to Mozdok I turned on the autopilot to watch the A-A fight in progress. To my surprise, as I was descending through 2000m and was therefore masked by terrain (the mountains along the border) from the air battle that was also happening at 1000 - 3000m and some 120 - 140 Km away, I was still intermittently getting locked up by the F-16's. There is no possible way in which the F-16's could have seen me on radar at that range, never mind through the mountains :disgust:

In all fairness I may be completely wrong about the circumstances, but I do think that radar range for AI aircraft might need reviewing at some point.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

yeah, this happens since a lot of time.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

If your ECM was still on, that would be the problem: Imagine a RADAR like a night vision sensor, looking into a dark room. It can see the planes going around up to a certain range and also their range. Now how the SPJ (self protection jammer) like your sorbtsiya is like a huge flashlight you shine into the RADAR. The RADAR just sees a big bloom of light in your direction, but can not see the range. And now thing you have your ECM on at 500km away from the enemy RADAR: He will still be able to see and lock you but can still not determine your range.

If you did not have your jammer on, please provide a track file, it always helps understand the problem. Please do not just make post, saying DCS is doing somerthing incorrectly, maybe it is your own fault.

Death is just nature's way of telling you to watch your airspeed. :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]