Oculus Rift with DCS World Discussion

NineLine

you must have setting at Low. "seeing" steady 90FPS is the DCS reference and I find this exceptional

Nope all ultra high, and only have trees at 50000.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Nope all ultra high, and only have trees at 50000.
You should sell your line of gear as exceptional on Ebay.

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

I’ve also got the CH pedals. Everything was plug and play. No setup required.

Here’s a tip for the TM Warthog I found helpful: On the stick, set up the pinky lever (not the pinky switch used for NWS and laser) as a modifier. Now you can hold the lever down and reuse all of the switches of your HOTAS for other functions. You’ve now just doubled the amount of functions you can do with the HOTAS which comes in very handy when trying to stay away from the keyboard while you are flying in VR. For example, on the throttle there is a landing gear warning silence button, but if I hit it while holding in the pinky lever, it raises/lowers the landing gear.

Also, I propose we stop referring to flying DCS in VR. I always tell my wife I’m going to fly in DR... Desired reality!

Dude thats brilliant! I never thought of that. Will implement asap!

Norwegian Rotorhead w\ All Helicopters

Watercooled AMD FX-8350 | Geforce 1060 6GB | 16 GiG DDR3 | Warthog Everything w/ pendulum pedals | Rift VR

Watercooled AMD Ryzen 9500X | RTX 3080 12GB | 64 GB DDR4 3600mhz | Warthog Everything w/Pendulum Pedals | Rift VR (CV1)

I have the oculus rift cv1 are there any news of an upgrade to it?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

I have the oculus rift cv1 are there any news of an upgrade to it?

No currently they are focused on the Quest to be released in March I believe. Who knows what else they might be doing behind the scenes.

Maybe after that we will get some news on a new Rift. Hoping anyway as that is what I am holding out for.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Has anyone moved the kneeboard in VR to appear as if it’s actually on your knee? What settings do I change? I’m in the A-10C in case that matters (I know, no pilot body in VR, but would still like the kneeboard down low so I look down at it.)

Thanks.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

Has anyone moved the kneeboard in VR to appear as if it’s actually on your knee? What settings do I change? I’m in the A-10C in case that matters (I know, no pilot body in VR, but would still like the kneeboard down low so I look down at it.)

Thanks.

Yes that would be cool.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

dwVAC

Is it possible to use dwVAC (Voice Activated Commands) with the Rift? If so, how?

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Is it possible to use dwVAC (Voice Activated Commands) with the Rift? If so, how?

Not familiar with dwVAC , but VoiceAttack works very well .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Thanks. So I assume you set your computer to receive input from the Rift mic?

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

Thanks. So I assume you set your computer to receive input from the Rift mic?

I use voice attack too. Yes, you obviously use the Rift mic, but you need the 3rd party software.

Took me a while to set up, especially trying to get the Windows Speech Recognition engine to understand me.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Yeah been using Voice Attack along with Vaicom Pro for a while with my Rift, works great.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks Boris. I had my PC set to my Logitech headset mic. I’ll switch after work today. I’ve been using dwVAC for years.

Edited by franx

Thanks.

While it might sound cool, I think it would be harder to use. And AFAIK there isn't a way to do it.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No currently they are focused on the Quest to be released in March I believe. Who knows what else they might be doing behind the scenes.

Maybe after that we will get some news on a new Rift. Hoping anyway as that is what I am holding out for.

HP has a very RIFT looking headset running at 2160x2160 res, looks like its using inside out tracking too.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

No joy

Okay I’ve adjusted my PC to use the Rift’s headset audio output and input. I’ve checked that the PC is recognizing both. But somehow dwVAC is not hearing my voice commands. Any ideas why?

Hi chaps,

I need to get a new GPU and was wondering if a comparison of Oculus Rift and various GPU frame rates has been compiled?

Currently looking at the 2070 and 2080 only, 2080TI is too expensive for my taste.

Thanks,

Krupi

Edited by Krupi

Windows 10 Pro | ASUS RANGER VIII | i5 6600K @ 4.6GHz| MSI RTX 2060 SUPER | 32GB RAM | Corsair H100i | Corsair Carbide 540 | HP Reverb G2 | MFG crosswind Pedals | Custom Spitfire Cockpit

Project IX Cockpit

Hi this is my first post/question I just got my Oculus Almost speechless. My brother got his Oculus a year ago and this last weekend I had him get DCS. he purchased two modules. I have NO issues! His however the screen "jitters" shakes and is not playable at all. our DCS Settings are the same. If it Matters I can post his specs.

306th TFS Home of the "WILDHARE's" :pilotfly::gun_sniper: A10,F-14, F-15, F16, F18, AV88, UH1,KA 50, Oculus Rift ,Hotas Warthog, Stable & Beta, VRK :: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core 3.2 ghz, RAM- 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1070

processor- intel® core i7-4790k CPU @ 4.0 Ghz

installed RAM- 16 GB

Win 10 version 1830 os build 17134.590

Graphic card - GTX 980 --Dual cards-- Top card is for Oculus only bottom card has three monitors attached. no change to the Jittering with only one monitor in.

306th TFS Home of the "WILDHARE's" :pilotfly::gun_sniper: A10,F-14, F-15, F16, F18, AV88, UH1,KA 50, Oculus Rift ,Hotas Warthog, Stable & Beta, VRK :: AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Eight Core 3.2 ghz, RAM- 32 GB, GeForce GTX 1070

processor- intel® core i7-4790k CPU @ 4.0 Ghz

installed RAM- 16 GB

Win 10 version 1830 os build 17134.590

Graphic card - GTX 980 --Dual cards-- Top card is for Oculus only bottom card has three monitors attached. no change to the Jittering with only one monitor in.

MAYBE brother has a bad install.

Option 3 I sometimes - rarely - have to delete the install and start over.

Option 2 'repair' the install "X:\DCS\bin\DCS_updater.exe -repair"

Option 1 delete 'saved games' directory, will be rebuild, lose all settings

Option 0 repair the shaders in the 'saved games' directory, delete 'fxo' & 'metashaders2' directory, these will be rebuild in 1st new start of DCS

in reverse order

2 cts

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Hi chaps,

I need to get a new GPU and was wondering if a comparison of Oculus Rift and various GPU frame rates has been compiled?

Currently looking at the 2070 and 2080 only, 2080TI is too expensive for my taste.

Thanks,

Krupi

Framerates aren't really valid for oculus, it's pretty much going to lock you into a frame rate of 45 for any render time between 11 and 22ms which is what you want. You'll probably want to dial up your graphics settings to get you right at 22. Recognizing that depending on what you're cranking up (shadows for example) you might start stressing your CPU.

The game is definitely playable on a Vega so I imagine a 2070 will handle it easily. You want to be asking around to see what MSAA and PD a 2080 will support; 4xMSAA is worth paying extra for imo. Dunno if a 2080 will support that; kinda doubt it. Should be able to turn on shadows with a 2080, if that suits your fancy

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Ok {mamapahit} none of those worked. without reading the last 230 pages of post. I cant believe no one has ever had this issue.

When using the oculus rift in flight if you move your head the view begins to shake back and for the rapidly. now when you exit back to the screen with the hanger in the back ground the back a forth shaking continues. and will continue until he exit DCS. once he renters the DCS its gone until he starts another flight.