How are gonna this specs preform?

Hi,

I'd like you to see these specs a tell me how are they gonna preform. I am doing a budget upgrade (got some good deals) and I want to know what to expect.

GPU: Strix GTX 1060 6GB

CPU: I5 - 6600K 4.5ghz

RAM: Kingston Hyperx Black Fury 2x8GB kit 2933mhz CL17 DDR4

MB: MSI B150A Gaming Pro

Looking forward to the replies. Thanks

Depends on your monitor resolution.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Oh that is new for me. Thanks for pointing it out. I am getting this setup from my friend and I believe he managed to overclock it. But I am not into overclocking myself so I will have to check with him and get back to you tomorrow.

So from now let's keep the CPU at 3.9Ghz at turbo.

6600K turbo mode frequency: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/core_i5/i5-6600k

3.6Ghz on 4 cores

3.7Ghz on 3 cores

3.8Ghz on 2 cores

3.9Ghz on 1 core

You need speed to play DCS decently. Get a Z chip or a no-K (cheaper) CPU.

Well, tomorrow I'll look into it, thanks. But still it is going to preform better than my current setup so I would not mind.

i5-750 2.7ghz

Msi Ioma

Strix gtx 1050ti

8gb ddr3 ram

sure, but you dont buy 2 things that dont make sense together, do you ?

Demon is 100% right

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Should be fairly decent. I'm running a slightly beefier setup and very satisfied with performance. You may have to reduce settings from ultra levels but should be fine for many scenarios/multiplayer. Resolution upgrade... expect to spend more money.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

sure, but you dont buy 2 things that dont make sense together, do you ?

Demon is 100% right

Yes of course, but it is possible to set perma turbo clock at 4.5Ghz. But, I managed do find a good deal and obtain Z170 so be happy guys.

Should be fairly decent. I'm running a slightly beefier setup and very satisfied with performance. You may have to reduce settings from ultra levels but should be fine for many scenarios/multiplayer. Resolution upgrade... expect to spend more money.

Resolution upgrade? Nah I am fine. Just few months ago I was using 1680x1050. I think I will stick with this awhile

I'm not sure anyone actually answered your question (as so often happens on these forums) :) You can lock 60fps (important with TrackIr) with minimal concessions to eye-candy low over anywhere in the Caucasus at 1080p. You will see some aliasing (shimmering) , as you can run msaax2 , but no ssaa . All this irrespective of either motherboard . I ran a 3gb 1060 with the below system before upgrading gpu for the rift .

Edited by Svsmokey

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I have a I5-7600k with a z270 asus board and a gtx 970 and get around 80-90 fps on the Caucuses map. My cpu is overclocked to 5ghz with a Cryorig H5 Ultimate air cooler.

My advice would to be to try to overclock the i5 and consider a AMD Rx 580 with 8gb VRAM. You want alot of VRAM for DCS.

I have a I5-7600k with a z270 asus board and a gtx 970 and get around 80-90 fps on the Caucuses map. My cpu is overclocked to 5ghz with a Cryorig H5 Ultimate air cooler.

My advice would to be to try to overclock the i5 and consider a AMD Rx 580 with 8gb VRAM. You want alot of VRAM for DCS.

8GB VRAM is a heavy argument and I dont think the 580 is lesser than the 1060 but I might be wrong.

I most tests they are pretty equal and change blows iirc, long ago tho since I read them tbh.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hi,

I'd like you to see these specs a tell me how are they gonna preform. I am doing a budget upgrade (got some good deals) and I want to know what to expect.

You'll be fine. I'm running VR with less than you have. For flat screen work its more than enough, I was pulling 60-70 typically with my very low end setup at 1080p with moderate/high gfx settings.

Don't listen to these other high end jokers. The better system you have the better it will run, but you don't need 5ghz and a RTX2080 to run DCS well.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

You'll be fine. I'm running VR with less than you have. For flat screen work its more than enough, I was pulling 60-70 typically with my very low end setup at 1080p with moderate/high gfx settings.

Don't listen to these other high end jokers. The better system you have the better it will run, but you don't need 5ghz and a RTX2080 to run DCS well.

KindKeyBee-small.gif

Attache ta tuque avec d'la broche.

Don't listen to these other high end jokers.

*Looks at thread and sees no mention of 5ghz and 2080 being necessary for this person's 1080p resolution, but criticism hinting at a motherboard that might better support the unlocked multiplier of the K series and net him some inexpensive performance increases, and someone mentioning they themselves run 5ghz and an AMD RX580*

So i mean. Do people's personal decisions not involving your money make them jokers or did something else trigger the name calling?

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Well , to be fair some don't get the whole budget thing , and no one actually answered his post , but suggested ways to spend more of his money . Granted , the "Joker" thing might have been mis-advised...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Well , to be fair some don't get the whole budget thing , and no one actually answered his post , but suggested ways to spend more of his money . Granted , the "Joker" thing might have been mis-advised...

To be fair, the OP kind of put it in a way that could easily be taken as "I've picked out these individual parts for a build. Opinons? " A new in box asrock z170 could be had for $69 on newegg atm, which is less expensive than the only b150 board they have in stock for $87 and at least will let you take advantage of the unlocked multiplyer if you choose to.

That being the only suggested change to the build for 1080p isn't by any means causing the build to be "high end" or even to a lot of people expensive lol. it just offers more options. Sensible suggestion. Not one person indicated that build wouldn't be fine for 1080p. Joke's on somebody at least.

Hope you enjoy your new build OP.

I don't think any foul was intended lol.. I'm just like Huh?

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

To be fair, the OP kind of put it in a way that could easily be taken as "I've picked out these individual parts for a build." An new in box asrock z170 could be had for $69 on newegg atm, which is less expensive than the only b150 board they have in stock for $87 and at least will let you take advantage of the unlocked multiplyer if you choose to.

That being the only suggested change to the build for 1080p isn't by any means causing the build to be "high end" or even to a lot of people expensive lol. it just offers more options. Sensible suggestion. Not one person indicated that build wouldn't be fine for 1080p. Joke's on somebody at least.

Hope you enjoy your new build OP.

I read it as getting components as a package from a friend , and if that is the case , the thread trajectory went , as they so often do , in a inadvertently unhelpful direction .

The joke's on no one

Let's be friends :)

The OP

Hi,

I read it as getting components as a package from a friend , and if that is the case , the thread trajectory went , as they so often do , in a inadvertently unhelpful direction .

The joke's on no one

Let's be friends :)

After the suggestion to pair with a Z mobo was made, it sounded like it was coming from a friend. And I'm with you on let's be friends.

I agree with the advice on pairing the chip with a board that can make best use of it.. but he'd probably be ok with the b150A if that's what he already has it and doesn't want to spend more money. Seems he already decided on the z170. WHich aint a bad thing.. he can speed that chip up.

But I'm calling left field when I see it :P Out there.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler