How do I use autopilot?

Marcq

I know about engaging att hold first then alt hold second but it just doesn't work or it works for a couple minute then disengage, tried different setting on the joystick but at the end of the day it does not work,makes long mission tiring. Too bad because I like the Eagle but going back to the Mirage until it is fixed

Marc..

Nevermind - current Release and Beta are both the same version at the moment.

@Marc - so you want to ditch the aircraft because you don't like the autopilot? What did you expect from it?

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Nevermind - current Release and Beta are both the same version at the moment.

@Marc - so you want to ditch the aircraft because you don't like the autopilot? What did you expect from it?

When on altitude hold I expect to stay in altitude hold, it's not like there is many autopilot mod to choose from. Not too practical when I have to get up and get a beer :music_whistling:

Thanks, Marc..

Correct!

AFAIK it was reported long time ago, but nothing came out of it. There should be an old thread in this section somewhere.

BTW. F-15 was a Belsimtek project, and I wouldn't expect anything changed or fixed until MAC is out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

• 4 weeks later...
Could you explain how to use it? I’ve never managed to get it to work at all.

AFCS Attitude Hold - holds pitch and roll. All three CAS channels must be on to switch Attitude hold on. ATT HOLD is automatically disengaged when: load factor is greater than +4g and less than 0g, CAS axis is disengaged. Is temporary disengaged when: pitch is greater than +-45, roll is greater than +-60 or stick forces is applied. Can be engaged by A key

AFCS Altitude Hold - holds altitude and roll. Attitude Hold must be engaged to switch Altitude hold on. ALT HOLD is automatically disengaged when: Attitude hold is disengaged, vertical velocity exceeds 2000 FPM. Is temporary disengaged when: roll is greater than +-60, stick forces is applied. Can be engaged by H key

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...

To the Op.

I had the same issue you were experiencing. In my case, the resolve was to add a dead zone in both pitch and roll axis of my controller in the settings.

Hopefully this resolves your problem.

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

• 2 months later...
To the Op.

I had the same issue you were experiencing. In my case, the resolve was to add a dead zone in both pitch and roll axis of my controller in the settings.

Hopefully this resolves your problem.

Sorry for the late reply, I have given up, but decided to give it another try just to realize it was the same until I saw your post, tried your fix and it worked :thumbup:

Thanks a bunch

Marc..