Windows version 1809

I updated to 1809 when it released and couldn't play DCS in full screen since, so I went back to an earlier version, 1803 I believe. Well I updated once again to 1809 today and have the same problem. ALT+ENTER does not work. FN+F11 does work but then the keyboard locks.

Anyone else have this issue?

wow,

one way to approach this was DDU followed by a clean reinstall of your GPU driver.

1809 sucks, so did 1803, their new driver architecture is complicated matter it seems

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

You probably just created more bugs downgrading and then re-upgrading. Nonetheless, instead of downgrading you should of tried reinstalling the NVIDIA or AMD video driver first!

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2

how many windows users are running into this?

if it was an architecture issue, wouldn’t the problems be more wide spread?

just one example of the change :

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/develop/getting-started-with-universal-drivers

here another RL example from Asus, regarding that 18xx driver matter:

Version 1815.12.0.2021

2018/07/2585.78 MBytes

Management Engine Interface

Improve system stability & Support Windows 10 latest version.

NOTICE:

Due to the different structure for drivers, suggest you remove the old driver first before install this version driver.

Hav fun deinstalling ALL those old drivers as ALL of those downloads from that date/time/version demand this. That's when I went...USB stick and "do it again jack"

My guess is that more people suffer from it anddontknow about it, aka weak symptoms that wont crash the system but are nasty nonetheless, that kinda thing.

...Like the 4790k next to me from a good friend....it BSOD's with latest 10's.....maybe its 10's drivers, maybe it's HW...but it sux big time if you cant trust your OS anymore.

May Update will make it worse, I am pretty sure, LOL

Edited by BitMaster

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

You probably just created more bugs downgrading and then re-upgrading. Nonetheless, instead of downgrading you should of tried reinstalling the NVIDIA or AMD video driver first!

yep !

Wipe it and clean install 1809 with latest drivers only, aka UWD ( Universal Windows Drivers ).....good luck if your motherboard vendor has no new drivers ready....

I updated to 1809 when it released and couldn't play DCS in full screen since, so I went back to an earlier version, 1803 I believe. Well I updated once again to 1809 today and have the same problem. ALT+ENTER does not work. FN+F11 does work but then the keyboard locks.

Anyone else have this issue?

Yes. 1803 worked fine, 1809 broke G-Sync for me. DDU, older drivers, DDU, newer drivers, makes no difference.

Yes. 1803 worked fine, 1809 broke G-Sync for me. DDU, older drivers, DDU, newer drivers, makes no difference.

OK, fixed for me. DCS_updater.exe Properties/Compatibility tab, check Disable fullscreen optimizations sets things back to "normal".

Such a hard problem when there are so many variables to consider (peripheral wise). One problem Apple won't have.

I've never had an issue with 1809 FWIW.

Also, getting interested in the Linux kernel that ships with future Win10.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

OK, fixed for me. DCS_updater.exe Properties/Compatibility tab, check Disable fullscreen optimizations sets things back to "normal".

Thank you, this worked. :thumbup::thumbup:

I tried new gpu drivers, reinstalling DCS, multiple NVCP display options with no luck.

Thank you, this worked. :thumbup::thumbup:

I tried new gpu drivers, reinstalling DCS, multiple NVCP display options with no luck.

Glad that it helped. I also found Game Mode had been enabled, turned that off for good measure. Maybe that would have worked alone?

Windows update 1803,

No grapichs anymore because it messed up with my videocard driver.

Had to hack the register to solve it.

Also, it messed up all my USB ports, so joysticks did not work properly or not.

Windows update 1809,

No sound after the update.

When will Microsoft stop with updates I dont want to have an ruin my computer setup all the time.

Let the customer decide, if he wants to have a Paint 3D version or not.

All those stupid creator updates fill only my SSD space with stuff I dont need or ever will use.

I only want a clean small windows to run my own software.

This looks more like android, with the forced apps you dont can delete from your phone and you never use.

Best rergards, Grippen7

Windows update 1803,

No grapichs anymore because it messed up with my videocard driver.

Had to hack the register to solve it.

Also, it messed up all my USB ports, so joysticks did not work properly or not.

Windows update 1809,

No sound after the update.

When will Microsoft stop with updates I dont want to have an ruin my computer setup all the time.

Let the customer decide, if he wants to have a Paint 3D version or not.

All those stupid creator updates fill only my SSD space with stuff I dont need or ever will use.

I only want a clean small windows to run my own software.

This looks more like android, with the forced apps you dont can delete from your phone and you never use.

Best rergards, Grippen7

I hear your pain...I'm running home pro and have had updates shut off for a year . Seems i read that microsoft will give home users that option -in the next update :)

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I hear your pain...I'm running home pro and have had updates shut off for a year . Seems i read that microsoft will give home users that option -in the next update :)

That will be the best Microsoft Windows 10 update. :thumbup:

All the time I lost with reinstalling Windows 10 and the frustrations to get it runing properly again.

I dont like the forced updates, except for the antivirus and hack patches.

Best regards Grippen7.

The update process of 10 itself compared to 7 is great, no question imho. Less packages, faster, more ways to get back to pre-patch and repair options...no doubt....

BUT...as always, take a great idea and give it to MS and they consistently proof to mess it up.

The idea was great but got lost along the way.

You all got me curious and I just checked what version I have. It says Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

What do I have? It runs fine but that version sounds strange. I don't have updates shut off and it's always updating.

Buzz

You all got me curious and I just checked what version I have. It says Version 10.0.17763 Build 17763.

What do I have? It runs fine but that version sounds strange. I don't have updates shut off and it's always updating.

you checked by running "winver"? Just hit Start, then type winver and ENTER

OS Bulid 17763.475 is 1809.

1803 is 17134.753.

I guess not patching is "ok" if you never go *ANYWHERE* but DCS for updates. But not patching for a year with all the vulnerabilities that were fixed is kind of crazy IMO. Remember, last malware attack was caused almost exclusively by unpatched Win 7 boxes and not Win95 or XP as initially conjectured.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

1803 is 17134.753.

I guess not patching is "ok" if you never go *ANYWHERE* but DCS for updates. But not patching for a year with all the vulnerabilities that were fixed is kind of crazy IMO. Remember, last malware attack was caused almost exclusively by unpatched Win 7 boxes and not Win95 or XP as initially conjectured.

Point taken . My pc is solely used for dcs and supporting programs , which limits exposure . And i do allow security , as opposed to feature updates .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

1803 is 17134.753.

Right you are. When I typed in winver I got 1809 and then the numbers I posted. I had gone into system info and that's where I got the numbers I posted. It never mentioned 1809 which seems strange.

Thanks

Buzz

1809 here, no problems at all.

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

Point taken . My pc is solely used for dcs and supporting programs , which limits exposure . And i do allow security , as opposed to feature updates .

Ah...I took the "didn't update" to mean any and all updates! :D

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

That will be the best Microsoft Windows 10 update. :thumbup:

All the time I lost with reinstalling Windows 10 and the frustrations to get it runing properly again.

I dont like the forced updates, except for the antivirus and hack patches.

Best regards Grippen7.

Microsoft has certainly read this because they have just forced (installed) version 1809 on my PC.

Now I have to test whether everything still works or go back to version 1803. :cry:

Best regards Grippen7.

Microsoft has certainly read this because they have just forced (installed) version 1809 on my PC.

Now I have to test whether everything still works or go back to version 1803. :cry:

Best regards Grippen7.

Bad experience after the 1809 update. :cry:

After the 1809 update, the PC remains in the boat and the monitor remains black.

When I press the reset button, windows 10 (1809) will end up in the login screen,

but it is not very friendly to have to use the reset button on every boot of your PC.

This can also make the software unstable and corrupt and also bad for your hardware such as your HDD.

Back to version 1803 or does anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Best regards Grippen7