Spare Motherboard and CPU for sale cheap

Hi all.

My motherboard died along with I have assume the CPU, in a power surge that my surge protect didn't prevent.

In the past, I had plenty of spare income to rebuild and continually upgrade.

Times being what they are for me, I no longer do and wont in the foreseeable future.

With the death of the board comes the death of my hobby.

So, does anyone have a spare motherboard/cpu they no longer use that they wouldn't mind parting with on the cheap or even no cost?

The old MOBO was a z87 with a 4670K so anything the same or newer would be of use.

I can pay shipping costs if from within North America (I'm in Canada).

Thanks for reading this.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I don't have any spare stuff and it would cost more to ship it anyway..

but i'll send 25$ your way (and maybe another 25$ next month - hopefully others will cime in) if you have a paypal account. Don't give up the hobby !

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Why not do a GoFundMe, and we could set it up somewhere in the forum? Maybe we could elect a senior member to be sort of a conservator, and when there's enough money in the account, the executor could buy the equipment and send it to you or whoever the beneficiary is? Maybe this could be a community thing, where when members who have been around here for some years (to keep it from being taken advantage of by outsiders who happen to hear of it and are being opportunistic) can appeal to for help when unforseeable events like this happen? Given the massive investment in time and effort that it takes to become proficient at this, it would truly be a shame to have to abandon it because of some bumps in the road.

We had all kinds of things like this when I was in the Navy, especially in the smaller commands I was at like the submarine I was on from 85-89. No one ever had to do without; we were always there for each other. Why not make this a place like that, with real camaraderie?

Asus ROG Maximus X Hero MB

Intel i7-8700K 5.2 GHz delidded & lapped

Corsair H100i CPU watercooler

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200W P2 80+ Platinum PSU

EVGA FTW3 watercooled GTX-1080Ti

32GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM

Two Toshiba XG5 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD's

Various SSDs and HDDs, 24 terabytes

6 Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM fans in push/pull on CPU and GPU radiators.

Windows 10 Pro 64, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog throttle and flight stick.

So I managed to find a z87 Mobo for $80, used most of my budget, gambling the cpu was okay...its not, both the Mobo and the cpu are dead. Sigh.

I think I’d better look into selling a kidney...lol

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

did you see my PM?

Thought I replied to it brother...I looked at the hardware and unfortunately it will take me backwards from what I had and what I had was just barely adequate for running dcsw as it is now...a very gracious offer though kind sir.

I know ideally beggars ought not to be choosers.

My brother also offered me his old x58 board with 6gb ddr2 ram but dcsw would have choked on it.

Now I’m not fool enough to be trying to find state of the art pc hardware on the cheap but it’s got to be enough to run dcsw for a few years because even assuming i figure this out, it’s liable to have to work for me at least a few years because I don’t foresee money freeing up anytime soon.

And if it doesn’t work out then it’s the end of my hobby but life will go on as I leave the community.

Cheers

Edited by Mower

• 2 weeks later...

Right then Mower out Indefinitely...thanks for the comments and input.

My instinct is that the GoFundMe will not pan out here andso I leave my PayPal info on the chance that kindness or fate should bring any funds my way from my simming brothers.

PayPal mech.driver@rogers.com

Regards to all.

Edited by Mower

done!

come on guys, if everybody gives a little we can fix that up quickly!

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

done!

come on guys, if everybody gives a little we can fix that up quickly!

Thank you for your kind and generous contribution, brother Immel. Much appreciated. It all helps. :)

The wife cares not for my hobby andso refuses to allocate any scare funds to repair the simming rig.

Hey man, you should check out Reddit's hardwareswap forum. I've done lots of business there before, and so have many others. I would link it here but I don't know whether or not it's allowed. Check it out, though. You could find some really sweet deals from time to time.

The wife cares not for my hobby andso refuses to allocate any scare funds to repair the simming rig.

Hmmm....progress?

Wife says if I stop buying beer for now that money can go towards a new simming rig.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Building a whole new simming rig.

Last step replacing the video card as it is cracked and overheats easily.

Question, for dcs is 16gb ram enough or is 32 really needed now, budget limited so if I could get by on 16 that would be good.

I managed to rebuild a new system with a 8400 cpu on a GIGABYTE Z370 mobo with 16 gb ddr4 ram. I was able to save the PSU and hard drives.

Not a stellar simming rig but the wife broke her arm last Fall and is still off work andso cash is hard to come by.

The cracked video card happened while rebuilding, the cat knocked the gpu, a 960gtx, off the desk when I was away. Now the gpu causes BSOD and/or just overheats and shuts down. The onboard mobo gpu runs games like shite.

If anyone still has any interest in contributions to help this brother get to the finish line, it would help big time.

Paypal is mech.driver@rogers.com

Thanks for reading this.

I think I have a spare 970... let me check if it's still around and how much it would be to ship out to you.

I think I have a spare 970... let me check if it's still around and how much it would be to ship out to you.

Roger, thanks brother