Update to Chuck's Mirage 2000C Guide - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #11
sedenion

Reputation power: 16
sedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nicesedenion is just really nice

The Magic II launch procedures are not up to date... There is no more "tone" when seeking, and we now need (not absolutely, but this is better) to ativate the "Magic Slave" command to lock from radar to magic.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:41 PM   #12
zero

Reputation power: 9
zero will become famous soon enoughzero will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charly_Owl View Post
Blow out does not seem appropriate in that context... a blow out is during a decelleration fuel schedule of the engine where the engine flame goes out. Engines are supposed to be protected against that a bit like they're supposed to be protected against surge. Did you mean dry cranking or dry motoring?

I will call your description "flame out". Protection against this is correct fuel/mix. Can occur with clogged fuel burners, or clogged combustion chamber pressure sense line. Keep eye with EGT with rapid throttle to idle. Protection against surge/stall is to open bleed valves to keep air flow through compressor.

Blow out is a procedure after one or more failed start attempt. (Fuel flow with no ignition)
The combustion chamber is filled with fuel, that must be removed prior to next attempt.
Dry motor (as you call it). No ignition or fuel flow, near max allowance duty cycle time of starter. (Start clock)
The air flow through engine blows the residual fuel out of the exhaust pipe.

Thank you for the gold mine of documentation. Saved hours of frustration and scratching both head and bottom.

Last edited by zero; 06-14-2017 at 05:52 PM.
zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:01 PM   #13
zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedenion View Post
The Magic II launch procedures are not up to date... There is no more "tone" when seeking, and we now need (not absolutely, but this is better) to ativate the "Magic Slave" command to lock from radar to magic.

Like to add that search area is at HUD + icon.
Learned the hard way myself
Old 06-14-2017, 07:18 PM   #14
Azrayen
ED Translator

Reputation power: 29
Azrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of light

Magic / HUD may be updated in a few weeks: this is part of the "avionics" work Zeus referred to.

I would advise to wait until this is released before attempting to update the guide

This is also valid re: air-to-ground procedures, BTW.
Old 06-17-2017, 11:51 AM   #15
The_Tau

Reputation power: 1
The_Tau is on a distinguished road

Any instructions on engine flame out/engine is dead? I notice that FBW refuses to work after engine doesnt provide electrical power and plane doesnt respond to pilot (God forbid u were banking...). It come back online but then it can go offline again? Some clarification? Any FBW emergency modes?

Join us at TAW!
http://tawdcs.org/

8th TSW "Daggers" motto:
"We live in fame or go down in flame"

Tau's Youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj3...Ql9d7YKTro0nKA
The_Tau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 04:58 AM   #16
jojo

Reputation power: 14
jojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tau View Post
Any instructions on engine flame out/engine is dead? I notice that FBW refuses to work after engine doesnt provide electrical power and plane doesnt respond to pilot (God forbid u were banking...). It come back online but then it can go offline again? Some clarification? Any FBW emergency modes?
That would need a track or to perform in depth testing.

In any case the system is designed to provide enough electrical and hydraulic power to fly the aircraft with "dead" engine until relight or ejection.

The engine can still provide hydraulic power by windmilling if you have enough speed.
If you don't, an electro-pump will provide it runnning on battery. Be sure that "EP" switch on the right side is in middle position (auto). But it will quickly deplete the battery.

These are first thoughts, as I said it needs thorough testing.
Old 06-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #17
jojo

Reputation power: 14
jojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the roughjojo is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I forgot to ask: Why was your engine shut down ?
Was it combat damages ?
Old 06-19-2017, 10:57 AM   #18
zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
I forgot to ask: Why was your engine shut down ?
Was it combat damages ?
According to Guide flameout occurs after 15 sec inverted flight. (to be more correct, it should read less than 1G)?

Have not tried myself. The restart procedure is straight forward. Seems that airspeed range limitation is not implemented. (One less thing thing to worry about ).

IMO - random faults with correct emergency procedures is not needed. For $ 60.- you can`t get everything. Priority must be given to announced patch.

In Battle Damage everything is correct - from false indication to hole in the Flight Computer and hydraulic leakage.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 AM   #19
zero

Quote:

No doubt the FBW is connected to hot battery bus (with own inverter) - not dependent on AC power from engine.

Have not found schematic - just a qualified guess
Old 06-19-2017, 11:44 AM   #20
Azrayen
ED Translator

Reputation power: 29
Azrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of lightAzrayen is a glorious beacon of light

No doubt? Depends...

Channels 1 and 2 each get their own elec power from hydraulic systems. If there is hyd pressure then they get electric power.
Channel 3 is powered by the main DC bus (non sheddable). So AC->DC normally, or DC from battery if no AC source at all.
Channel 4 is powered directly by the battery bus.

Channel 5 (ultimate emergency) is powered directly by the battery bus too.

The word is redundancy.