=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server - Page 99 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 12:58 AM   #981
Solty

Reputation power: 8
Solty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the roughSolty is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG26_Brigg View Post
well you will be as at 1080p they are massive. again i am not asking to increase the distance or have massive icons, i am asking to adjust the lighting on them. how the hell did they give training wheels in 1.5
People confuse realistic visibility with lack of visibility. It actually seems that it works the other way around in dcs and the higher the resolution the better spotting. So people with 4k monitors say its fine while people with 17 inch cant see a damn thing.

Not to mention it is far easier to spot allied planes than German.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.
My channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyA..._Sqdc0IKJuv6dA
Solty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:05 AM   #982
Bearfoot

Bearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really nice

I fly in VR, so I imagine I am at the bottom end of resolution spectrum, and I have to deal with the screen door effect on top of that.

I find spotting on Burning Skies fine.

I find ID'ing very, very, very, very difficult.

As I said in the other post:

Quote:
I generally tend to spot the "dots" satisfactorily enough "for government work", but have to make some really close tracking passes before I can figure out what they are. And then after figuring out they are I: (a) realize I've spent a good 5-10 minutes tracking a good guy or (b) found the bad guy and now am in a terrible position to engage, not to mention there's somebody else shooting at me.
I accept that that's the cost of doing business. If anyone has any tips on ID'ing, that would be great! With IL2, the distinct wing shapes of Axis vs Allies at a distance helps, plus I think the distance renders are done better --- that is, the distance silhouettes have more detail --- so that I can generally ID. At least, I seem to find it a lot easier. Not saying one is more realistic than the other, or one is better than the other ...

Last edited by Bearfoot; 06-19-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:51 AM   #983
Zooker

Zooker is on a distinguished road

@Solty

I find the reverse. The lower the res, the better the visibility...(and I do have the capability and have run at 4k)
2 Victories, Vietnam

ASUS Rampage III Extreme | QuadCore Intel Core i7 Extreme 3.3Ghz | 6GB Corsair DDR3-1333 | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570 (1280 MB) | Dell 2407WFP-HC (Digital) 24' LCD | Logitech G510 Gaming Keyborad | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek PROFlight Combat Rudder Pedals | Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 06:09 AM   #984
Roblex

Reputation power: 2
Roblex is on a distinguished road

I am another one that finds it OK to spot distant contacts but struggles to ID them closer in or when on dead 6 or dead 12. Yes, I do know all the differences as I have been flying combat flightsims for decades. It was a bit easier in the original IL2 and Cliffs Of Dover but I still often relied on catching a glimpse of yellow nose to be sure I was attacking a 109. In DCS I am just glad that most Allied aircraft have invasion stripes as they usually show even in dead 6. That helps me avoid opening fire on a friendly though I have been shot down by aircraft that I thought were friendly behind me.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz
Roblex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:32 AM   #985
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 7
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Pedro= View Post
They.are.Perfect. I wouldnt Touch Them for no reason.
They may be perfect for Pedro and many others. But for many including myself they are not. I have extreme problems spotting bandits before they are real close. The settings should not be dictated by those lucky folks who happen to have better visibility.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:36 AM   #986
LeCuvier

Reputation power: 7
LeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura aboutLeCuvier has a spectacular aura about

#Eekz: is there any way you can provide for the F2 outside view when players are on the ground? The pilot ought to be able to visually inspect his/her plane after a rough ride
Old 06-19-2017, 09:49 AM   #987
eekz
Veteran

Reputation power: 34
eekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to alleekz is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeCuvier View Post
#Eekz: is there any way you can provide for the F2 outside view when players are on the ground? The pilot ought to be able to visually inspect his/her plane after a rough ride
No, not possible to make it in a such a way. Only always on, or always off.
Damage Model
eekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:39 AM   #988
9./JG26_Brigg

Reputation power: 3
9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about9./JG26_Brigg has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooker View Post
@Solty

I find the reverse. The lower the res, the better the visibility...(and I do have the capability and have run at 4k)
Absolutely Zooker, both myself and someone​ I fly with say the same.
9./JG26_Brigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 02:55 PM   #989
Reflected+
Posting Rights Suspended

Reputation power: 0
Reflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of lightReflected is a glorious beacon of light

I love this server and the variety of ground targets! I see there is AA fire too. What object did you use?

My Music
My DCS Skins
B350 Gaming Plus / Ryzen 5 1600 X @ 3,6 / MSI GeForce GTX1070 8192 / 16 GB RAM / Samsung PM961 512 SSD / MS FFB 2 / TM Warthog throttle / Saitek ProFlight pedals / TrackIR 4 PRO
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 07:09 PM   #990
Roblex

Reputation power: 2
Roblex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9./JG26_Brigg View Post
Absolutely Zooker, both myself and someone​ I fly with say the same.
When 2.1 came out I was flying with a pathetic Radeon M330, which is basically a budget laptop card, and had to put my resolution down to 1280x768 and all graphics at the lowest settings just to achieve 15-18 fps. I found I could see contacts very easily, even the ones down in the trees stood out like sore thumbs. All were dark black and crisp. The problem came closer in when the full size models had so few pixels that it was impossible to recognise the type until in gun range. A few weeks ago I got a better (but still budget) card and can run everything on medium to high at 1920x1080 and get a steady 50-60fp. The distant contacts are still there but fainter and blurrier and the low down contacts disappear among the clutter but I can recognise closer aircraft a bit better. Despite the dots being blurry grey though instead of crisp black I still think it best left as it is.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

Last edited by Roblex; 06-19-2017 at 07:11 PM.
Roblex is offline   Reply With Quote