A10c Anti-Ship - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-19-2017, 03:58 AM   #11
FlyingPhotog

Reputation power: 1
FlyingPhotog is on a distinguished road

I guess it just depends on how badly you want to bite a porcupine in the ass...
Old 06-19-2017, 04:03 AM   #12
BigDuke6ixx

Reputation power: 2
BigDuke6ixx is on a distinguished road

Well, good luck against a properly configured battle group with fleet denfense fighters.
BigDuke6ixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:50 AM   #13
Oscar Juliet

Reputation power: 4
Oscar Juliet will become famous soon enoughOscar Juliet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDuke6ixx View Post
Well, good luck against a properly configured battle group with fleet denfense fighters.
It would be quite obvious that an A10c isn't going to run solo against an entire battle group with fighter support.

The idea of the thread is if you want to kill a ship with an A10c how do you do it? Why? Because of the 104th even that is going on this weekend. They want a few A10c pilots in it. They said the targets would be ships. Though I don't see the point in being an A10c pilot on a several hour mission for antiship detail.

I've been ground pounding in this thing a long time and taught many others how to. Research didn't find me any answers. So that is the reason for the thread. You can kill it. It is possible without risk to an A10c in perfect conditions if you know what you are doing.
Official Website

My Youtube Channel

My A10c Help Guide

I fly using CH products
Oscar Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 05:32 AM   #14
j-tk

Reputation power: 5
j-tk is on a distinguished road

Awesome Work! Next challenge, several A10s gun running, while 5 more dive with mavericks and a lone CBU drops it All!
j-tk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #15
feefifofum

Reputation power: 8
feefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nicefeefifofum is just really nice

Looks like you have everything under control, but:

The Molniya fires the SA-14 Gremlin (Strela-3)

The Grisha fires the SA-8 Gecko (Osa)

The Neustrashimy fires the SA-15 Gauntlet (Kynshal)

Anything bigger and you're starting to ask for trouble in a Hog but the smaller missile boats and patrol ships are totally fair game! You can sink them with a big pile of Mk82/GBU-12/38s or AGM-65D/Hs (targeting notwithstanding) but as you've noted the larger warheads are much more effective. You'll find guns/rockets to be pretty much totally ineffective.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:11 PM   #16
Yurgon
Veteran

Reputation power: 55
Yurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to beholdYurgon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Juliet View Post
2 x GPS bombs were dropped via a laser created markpoint and caused a fire.
How'd you calculate the aim offset?

I mean, if the ships were stationary, it doesn't make much sense to me to consider how to do it. Put the thing on the thing and mash that button, who cares whether the target floats on water or sits on the ground?

But if they were *not* stationary, the big question is how to aim the big bombs.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:36 PM   #17
microvax

microvax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura aboutmicrovax has a spectacular aura about

Basically the dry and bulk ones are easy prey for the GAU8 the tanker does needs like half ammo so not really reasonable. tanker takes 2x agm64h. The H seems to deal more damage then the d against it.

Apart from that double 500pound or single 1000pound ordanance will take out the tanker, while the bulk and dry cargo ship only need one 500pound class weapon.

Plan I have so far is basically run recon with le viggens, get rbs15s to blow up what is presenting a threat to the su25s and a10s and then have them roll in with their superior load carrying capacity.

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?
microvax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 08:08 PM   #18
Oscar Juliet

Reputation power: 4
Oscar Juliet will become famous soon enoughOscar Juliet will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yurgon View Post
How'd you calculate the aim offset?

I mean, if the ships were stationary, it doesn't make much sense to me to consider how to do it. Put the thing on the thing and mash that button, who cares whether the target floats on water or sits on the ground?

But if they were *not* stationary, the big question is how to aim the big bombs.
LASTE takes care of the wind issue. I'm not sure if the ship was moving. If it was it wasn't going very fast. It started to move once it was on fire though.

Non moving targets are easy. Moving targets well you are told how many seconds it will take to hit the target. So you could guess and drop ahead of it. That is how I've hit moving convoys with bombs when out of mavs.
Official Website

My Youtube Channel

My A10c Help Guide

I fly using CH products
Oscar Juliet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:01 PM   #19
Piston85

Piston85 has a spectacular aura aboutPiston85 has a spectacular aura aboutPiston85 has a spectacular aura aboutPiston85 has a spectacular aura aboutPiston85 has a spectacular aura about

LASTE wind is bugged right now, never seen it fixed, I might be wrong however.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.p...ight=big+laste
Piston85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #20
Ghostraider

Ghostraider is on a distinguished road

A-10C for Anti Ship ??? for Cargos yes, for WarShips Good Luck!