Built-in voice communication - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #1
Dukes

Reputation power: 2
Dukes is on a distinguished road
Default Built-in voice communication

I think the DCS WORLD is a very good Simulate flying game.But it seems have no Built-in voice communication,We have to use other softwares to communication,like Teamspeak.It is very inconvenient and unreal.Can you consider about add the Built-in voice communication?
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Roblex

Roblex is on a distinguished road

Have you looked at Simple Radio Standalone? It uses the in cockpit radio switches & buttons and works as the real ones did in most cases.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz
Roblex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:45 PM   #3
ReconXPanzer

Reputation power: 3
ReconXPanzer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukes View Post
I think the DCS WORLD is a very good Simulate flying game.But it seems have no Built-in voice communication,We have to use other softwares to communication,like Teamspeak.It is very inconvenient and unreal.Can you consider about add the Built-in voice communication?
+1 It's something that's been asked for a lot, and it would make a fantastic addition to multiplayer settings and to my untrained brain can't be that difficult to implement.

Sadly though no news of development

Saitek X52 Pro, Track IR 5 with Track Clip Pro
ReconXPanzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #4
Ciribob
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 11
Ciribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really niceCiribob is just really nice

As Roblex says, have a look at SimpleRadio standalone.

Its pretty much as integrated as you can get, including an in game overlay that's actually done by DCS, similar to ingame chat window and integration with all ingame radios

If you have trouble with it, let me know

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required!
DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord
Ciribob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:34 AM   #5
Dukes

I mean communicate with other guys in the Multiplayer mode,not the ATC or AI.And i do not think the chat window is convenient .I think the communication mode in BMS is better:when you press one button,you can talk with other guys in the same frequency.I think it is worth to reference it.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 AM   #6
Bearfoot

Reputation power: 7
Bearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really niceBearfoot is just really nice

Quote:
when you press one button,you can talk with other guys in the same frequency.I think it is worth to reference it.
What folks are trying to tell you is that you can do exactly this with (the fantastic) Simple Radio.
Bearfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 01:29 AM   #7
Dukes

Edit the line below to your server address where SRS server is running:-- CHANGE FROM
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "127.0.0.1" -- Port optional e.g. "127.0.0.1:5002"

--TO
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "5.189.162.17:5010" -- BuddySpike One
-- OR
SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = " 37.59.10.136" -- TAW One (port optional)

WHERE?Which file?
Old 06-19-2017, 02:04 AM   #8
Dukes

All right,is there any chinese Version? My english is a little poor.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #9
shagrat
ED Translator

Reputation power: 43
shagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to allshagrat is a name known to all

Quote:
I mean communicate with other guys in the Multiplayer mode,not the ATC or AI.And i do not think the chat window is convenient .I think the communication mode in BMS is better:when you press one button,you can talk with other guys in the same frequency.I think it is worth to reference it.
Did you actually LOOK at Simple Radio Standalone? It is exactly this! Radio Comms for Multiplayer with realistic radio channels and all problems coming with them.

EDIT: ok, chinese version is currently not available...

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 7 | i7 2600K@4.4GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600 MHz | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat
TM HOTAS Warthog
custom build extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs | 2 Somikon 7" screens for the MFDs...| a hand made UFC

Last edited by shagrat; 06-19-2017 at 10:34 AM.
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #10
WildBillKelsoe
Veteran

Reputation power: 46
WildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to allWildBillKelsoe is a name known to all

there is also TARS. have a look at it.
WildBillKelsoe is offline   Reply With Quote