Steam Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and Steam Specific Issues - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #11
Squid

Send a message via ICQ to Squid Send a message via MSN to Squid Send a message via Yahoo to Squid
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichlidfan View Post
Yes, but since FC3 is not supported on Steam, you will have to do it with a non-Steam install of DCS World.
Thanks.
That means to download the current A-10C from ED and install it in WORLD using the serial i got through my old steam purchase?

i7 880 | HD 7870 | 8 Gb DDR3 1600 | ECS P55H-A | OCZ Vertex 2 180 | Intel 330 180 | WD 500 AAKS | 2x WD 2T Green | Enermax Liberty 620 | CH Combatstick & Throttle | TrackIR 3 | HP ZR24W | Windows 7 x64
Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #12
cichlidfan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
Thanks.
That means to download the current A-10C from ED and install it in WORLD using the serial i got through my old steam purchase?
Yes.
ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1
cichlidfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #13
Hoggorm

Is it recommended to change to Steam if only having hard disk Space left for one copy?

Will all upcoming modules be available in Steam?
Hoggorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #14
ShaZe88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoggorm View Post
Is it recommended to change to Steam if only having hard disk Space left for one copy?

Will all upcoming modules be available in Steam?

What are the differences between the Standalone DCS World and the Steam version?

Steam Version :
- Auto-Update without launching the game (as long as steam is open)
- Faster Update Speed
- Steam In-Game Overlay
- Steam Friend List Notifications
- Quick Repair

Standalone DCS World :
- Get all the modules as soon as they are released
- Does not require any extra program to be launched
- Has every single modules available

If you are fine with waiting for most product to be available on steam and like most of the Steam feature, the Steam version might be for you.
If you own unsupported products such as Upgrades / FC3 or do not care about the Steam functionalities, Standalone DCS World might be for you.

I believe that should be a pretty good answer. Feel free anyone to add points that I could have missed. This is mostly the pros of each version.
ShaZe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:41 AM   #15
Atelophobia

Default Steam / DCS-Shop Keys

I bought every DCS product so far.
Some in thr DCS or LockonShop and some in Steam.

Right now I tried to install everyting in Steam. Every Module worked except BS1 / BS2. Is that correct?
I bought BS1 and BS2 upgrade in the DCS shop. Do I have to install everything outside Steam to have every Module available (as I ll be able to use the Steam key outside Steam) if I don't want to re-purchase BS in Steam?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #16
Thelane618

Default Stream crash

Every time the game starts to load a mission and I am running open broadcast software the game crashes? Anyone else have this issue?
Thelane618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #17
Nite Cat

I have A-10c, It will not Start? Could Anyone Tell me why I keep Getting (press-pause/Break)....What is the key? what is the pause button.
Nite Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #18
NoJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite Cat View Post
I have A-10c, It will not Start? Could Anyone Tell me why I keep Getting (press-pause/Break)....What is the key? what is the pause button.
The Pause key is "F16" on my Apple keyboard, and generally it's the key just above "Page Up". Otherwise you can just click the little "Fly" button in the bottom left of the window when you start a flight.

Hope this helps!

--NoJoe
NoJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #19
SkateZilla
Moderator/ED Testers Team

the button that says:

PAUSE
---------
BREAK

?
TM Warthog HOTAS, TM MFDs, CH Fighterstick, Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals, TrackIR4 Pro
SkateZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #20
BrunoDerRabe

Here an important information for the players who purchased the A-10C via Steam before DCS WORLD was released on Steam.
You might have added the serial number to your non Steam Version of the game in the past ( I had bought all 4 A-10C modules for my 4 playeraccounts I do own via Steam before DCS-World was avaible on Steam/thats why I know about this issue)
Since DCS World is avaible on Steam, Steam granted their customers another new serial number/different from the original products serialnumber to the DCS A-10C for your Steam account for use in DCS WORLD on Steam (DLC CD-Key for the A-10C).
When you have ever activated the origianal serialnumber /bind it to your DCS account in the past before the release of DCS World on Steam and you play the A-10C on the Steam DCS World logging in with the same login you use for the non steam version of the game you might face a problem wich I want to share with you and its solution.
The new issued serialnumber (Steam DLC CD-Key) granted from steam for your pre DCS World on Steam bought A-10C product will get bind to your DCS account, regardless that there is already/still the original serial number of the same product binded to your account. For a while you even might not notice this fact at all. But when you try to log into the serverbrowser/multiplayergame after reinstalling the whole non steam DCS WORLD and its modules with the activated A-10C module you might face the message "wrong serial number". It took me a couple of attempts solving the issue until I noticed the drop down menue in the module manager of the non steam DCS World version next to the A-10C wich showed me surprisingly both serialnumbers of the module (the original and the one issued by steam after the DCS World launch on Steam.
Solution:
Deactivate the A-10C with the modulemanager in the non steamversion of DCS WORLD.
now open another tab in your browser:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/myserials.php
there you can unbind the doubled serial numbers.
Best you back them up bofore unbind ... because they will disapear.
If you missed the backup of the keys check them out again on Steam).
Depending if you played the A-10C on Steam DCS World or not (or whatever else counts in) it differs wich of the two serials will be accepted by the game when you reactivate them (by starting the multiplayer via desktop shortcut while holding the left shiftkey pressed).
http://forums.eagle.ru/customprofile...pic59985_2.gif

Last edited by BrunoDerRabe; 10-03-2013 at 10:27 PM.
BrunoDerRabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
buy, buying, campaign, crash, dcs, dcs store, fc3, lo:mac, progress, purchasing, sale, steam, time