Moving install...

Sierra99

Gents,

I want to move my install to a secondary SSD drive. If I move the entire Eagle Dynamics folder to the new drive then run repair from within the bin folder of the new drive, will it rewrite the Registry entries an work?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

The easiest method I've found is to use the DCS Configuration Manager after you've copied DCS World to your SSD. You can leave the original on the C drive and update/run the game on your SSD for performance. It gives you the option to start DCS in regular or VR mode if you wish. Also shares flight control settings between mods.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2998523/

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Gents,

I want to move my install to a secondary SSD drive. If I move the entire Eagle Dynamics folder to the new drive then run repair from within the bin folder of the new drive, will it rewrite the Registry entries an work?

Sierra

Nope, it won't. I mean the command will work, but the entries have to be edited manually. Not much to do really, you change only one path per install:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3364733&postcount=63

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

All i can say is yesterday i fitted a Crucial MX500 500GB SSD to my system along with an extra 8GB of RAM.

All i did based on advice from another thread on this forum was copy and paste my entire Eagle Dynamics>DCS World Open Beta 2.5 folder to the SSD and changed the drive letter in the desktop shortcut from D: to E: and DCS is working 100% fine (and mighty better i might add!).

I even ran the latest update from the bin folder after moving and it updated and is still running fine on all maps, modules and all my personal settings have been copied and recognised as well.

That is all!

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro