Introducing the VKB-Sim ‘Modern Combat Grip’ (MCG)

rrohde

Great news, the pro version with metal casing sounds like my next purchase then. (Should it be available in Europe at some point)

Very interesting, I would certainly be enticed to go for that one as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, as MCG-TM is limited to TM devices and has no analog axis, I'd strongly prefer the MCG-PRO plus TM adapter. And this metal body just adds to that.

It's more complicated for VKB, but also it's a better investment for them as if I have an MCG-PRO grip, at some point I'll consider getting the VKB Gunfighter body for those dampers and analog axes. If I have MCG-TM which can't be used on Gunfighter body, I'll just stick to TM all the way till they die.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Is there any information on the height of the MCG-Pro from base to top?

Is it higher than the KG-12 as measured from the minimum hand rest position?

I need to figure out a stand for the VKB Gunfighter, and want to know whether I can use the KG-12 grip as a model for where my hand will sit on the MCG-Pro so I can work out how high the mount needs to be.

I am sure that after the final mockup is done and validated, I can ask UIV to provide measurements.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I am sure that after the final mockup is done and validated, I can ask UIV to provide measurements.

That would be great. In the mean time, even an indication of whether the height from the grip bottom (i.e., the point where it connects to the extension) to the palm rest base is going to be the same or taller than the KG-12 would be great.

Thanks! This is useful. Now I need to figure out the KG-12 vs. Cobra M-5 grip!

• 3 weeks later...

And rotaries on the throttle! Rotaries are great and can do many useful things. One of the best things on that clunky X55 throttle.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Very intresting, im looking forward to this, although Thrustmaster is anouncing its F/A-18 grip i doubt it will have the amount of buttons and switches this one has and as my intention is to fly the Eurofighter,F-14 and F/A-18 i think this is the perfect fit:joystick:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Just a heads up for those like me that lives in Europe and would like to get an MCG grip and have it installed on Black Mamba.

Please read this page and contact VKB Europe to secure your future grip. :)

https://flightsimcontrols.com/2017/05/gunfighter-ordering-and-mcg-for-mambaking-cobragladiator-mk-i-users/

I have long critic chat whit UIV this morning about the dedicated grip for mambas.

An adaptor is the proper solution

My points:

• mamba owners help VKB where is today.(yes we exist and don't want lo get out of the modular and upgrade path of vkb products)
  • make it buy one grip for a gf and another for mamba is dumb
  • If it will be a one only Bach, mamba owner will not be able to buy future grips (less market for the vkb grips, metal kg12 etc etc)
  • At least the grips must be available on request not a one time batch
  • When you choose a joy for the size to be added there?
  • when throttle came out and we use it like a hotas you wont use much the base controls of the mambas
  • I prefer to buy 1 grip and not 10......don't plan to have rent grip business

I know I don't speak for all but an adapter that could also open the door for future gimbal upgrades (that wont require adapter) make more sense to me.

I wont write entire uiv response, but he say: MAMBA owners are not forgotten!!! (I think all options will be offered)

but like usual I make his blood pressure up

Edited by RFC Rudel

Seems military designs may is not best the solution for domestic joysticks: :joystick:

"Prototype tests have shown the need for only one change - design folding trigger.

We really wanted to keep the original "fin", which trigger is put in "combat" position.

But fin uncomfortable pressure on the index finger, and we decided to give it up.

Today the need to complete the design changes."

The real pilot probable use this thing very rarely, but the "virpilot" use several times a day and became uncomfortable :)

Edited by Sokol1_br
  • Like 1

Seems military designs may is not best the solution for domestic joysticks: :joystick:

"Prototype tests have shown the need for only one change - design folding trigger.

We really wanted to keep the original "fin", which trigger is put in "combat" position.

But fin uncomfortable pressure on the index finger, and we decided to give it up.

Today the need to complete the design changes."

The real pilot probable use this thing very rarely, but the "virpilot" use several times a day and became uncomfortable :)

That's the benefit of testing with several stages of mockup design after the 3D model is done. There's potentially a lot to tweak when it comes to ergonomics - which can only be done with a physical mockup. Now, VKB HQ has moved into the MCG production phase! :thumbup:

• Like 1

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

That's the benefit of testing with several stages of mockup design after the 3D model is done. There's potentially a lot to tweak when it comes to ergonomics - which can only be done with a physical mockup. Now, VKB HQ has moved into the MCG production phase! :thumbup:

Also the pro or just the basic mcg ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

So, what was changed with the folding trigger in the end? The description in English is rather awkward.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!