red sale

thrustvector

with the Russian sale now on, do you guys like the 21? I hear lots of negatives but the same in well, ok ish.

for my air to air fix I fly the 27, so as a delta will of course be different, mind you I have a viggen too (not air to air but you get my meaning :))

I take it theres nothing ground breaking, I play SP no multi.....might one day

so worth a buy or save my money?

It has a fair share of annoying bugs, issues and simplifications for those of us, who have been flying it since release in 2014 and have more in-depth knowledge of how the real thing's systems actually worked, but they don't in this simulated version for one reason or another.

Less knowledgeable or tech-crazy people migh not notice or even mind those issues, however.

I might be one of the somewhat unhappy "veterans" of the module, but I'd say for the 35 bucks promo price you should get a hefty chunk of enjoyment out of it. That is a fair price in my opinion. Mind you, it's a plane representing late '60s-early '70s avionics and armament, so creating engagement scenarios which make sense with it, either single or multiplayer, is difficult, with only Belsimtek's F-5E being sort of kind of equivalent from the same period.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Fishbed in its current state just an example of fantastic visuals and horrible coding. You will not be able to fly it simply because of the poor performance.

In case you have VR, the presence feel in the cockpit is just stunning.

Отправлено с моего SM-N910C через Tapatalk

with the Russian sale now on, do you guys like the 21?

I like it, feels very Russian

I hear lots of negatives but the same in well, ok ish.

Best MiG-21 simulation there is IMHO, it has issues/bugs but so do all modules when you get into their minutia, it depends how much you know of the real aircraft, as to how annoying any will be.

for my air to air fix I fly the 27, so as a delta will of course be different, mind you I have a viggen too (not air to air but you get my meaning :))

IMHO the Viggen dev's learned alot from their work making the MiG-21 but don't let that put you off buying the older module

I take it theres nothing ground breaking, I play SP no multi.....might one day

so worth a buy or save my money?

I bought it in a sale sometime after release and I've no regrets, if I didn't own it already, I'd buy it again, it's such an iconic aircraft and despite some weaknesses, Leatherneck captured it's 'feel' as well as they could at the time.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Best MiG-21 simulation there is IMHO, it has issues/bugs but so do all modules when you get into their minutia, it depends how much you know of the real aircraft, as to how annoying any will be.

This is true, but very few indepth studies of the airframe exist, so that's a pretty low bar.

For the price? Totally. Just be prepared for some lackluster performance as it definitely needs good looking at. It certainly isn't unplayable. To call it that would be, frankly, hyperbole. But, the cockpit needs a good rebuilding. It just runs like crap in the current engine.

I'm really hoping the hurry the CE2 out of the door in a okayish state and then give us a real good pass on the Fishbed before diving into the Corsair.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

I think they mean frames and resource use, cuz I've shot sown my fare share of F-15C's in MP with it. But the Frames are indeed more unstable than on other, especially ED, modules. But in my opinion, a good buy. Especially with a discount.

Funny thing that the 100th Red Army day also marks the date of my country declaring independence, so it fits in with a local holiday as well. :)

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

Don't be put off. Its a great module that just needs some tweaking. There will be a Red Flag MP event today at 18z which im sure will be streamed if you want to see the Mig in action (with the M2k. F5 and AV8B).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=202395

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

you'll enjoy it. as noted in a previous post, the cockpit in VR is incredible.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The module isn't nearly as bad as some of the more frustrated posts suggest. For me at least it's still one of my favourite modules. It has some issues that still need to be addressed, some of them minor and some of them rather large. In my personal opinion one of the things that gets people agitated isn't really what the problems with the modules are exactly, but rather how they are being handled.

The module is listed in the store as 'early access' and it has been for quite a long while by now. Yet there doesn't seem to be the high pressure activity to it that the title would suggest. Updates have been scarce and that's really not helped by the fact that information on updates is at times even rarer.

What I'd say to that is: we all know the team isn't very large, we all know and understand that the LN split has made things very difficult and having to work with three separate versions of DCS sure hasn't helped either, but please, M3, take a couple of minutes once a month (or every two months or whatever) to tell the community what's going on!

If it is for example: «We are working on issues about the radar warning receiver, but it turns out it's complicated to implement right and it'll take us a while.» we'd at least know that something is getting worked on and a lot of the (sometimes rather harsh) negative comments might not even happen.

All this talk about the MiG-21 combined with watching The Right Stuff made me take this rocket for a spin. I passed 19900m in my first attempt, clean aircraft, no rocket assistance! The world looks very pretty (and cold) from there.

I could maintain controlled level flight at 1-3º AoA, making around 500km/h in full afterburner, until something like 17000m. Without touching the throttle and keeping AoA reasonable, the engine behaved rather nicely and remained lit throughout. To reach 19900m I had to unload, let the nose drop to pick up some speed, then enter a 30º climb until the wings refused to keep the little guy flying. You're definitely just sitting on the engine at that point, but it shows just how much power they packed into this tiny interceptor.

I think they mean frames and resource use, cuz I've shot sown my fare share of F-15C's in MP with it. But the Frames are indeed more unstable than on other, especially ED, modules. But in my opinion, a good buy. Especially with a discount.

Funny thing that the 100th Red Army day also marks the date of my country declaring independence, so it fits in with a local holiday as well. :)

Your MiG-23 signature...

I see you are a man of culture as well

Edited by Wahoo12

Yes, to be clear, it's just a game performance issue. MiG's kind of rough, still, but still very playable and satisfying to use.

All this talk about the MiG-21 combined with watching The Right Stuff made me take this rocket for a spin. I passed 19900m in my first attempt, clean aircraft, no rocket assistance! The world looks very pretty (and cold) from there.

I could maintain controlled level flight at 1-3º AoA, making around 500km/h in full afterburner, until something like 17000m. Without touching the throttle and keeping AoA reasonable, the engine behaved rather nicely and remained lit throughout. To reach 19900m I had to unload, let the nose drop to pick up some speed, then enter a 30º climb until the wings refused to keep the little guy flying. You're definitely just sitting on the engine at that point, but it shows just how much power they packed into this tiny interceptor.

It was an impressive fighter, especially when you consider the day and age it entered service. A time when men were men and fighter aircraft were one step away from just being piloted missiles. :thumbup:

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

One of my favourite aircraft in DCS. It has a few bugs but none of them are actual showstoppers.

Just a few cosmetic things and performance/systems that need to be made more realistic.

Yes, some people are very vocal and passionate about all the bugs, but if you don't know any better you probably will only notice the broken night lighting and excessive canopy glare.

And hey, if you're optimistic, these things may actually get fixed.

It's great fun in multiplayer and fairly evenly matched against the F-5E, even in its current state.

Edited by Boris

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

It is a great module that totally reeks "bad guy". Besides being one of the best looking jets in DCS, it is also very fun to fly.

Support has kind of halted until further notice (probably after CE2 release). Some issues with ASP gunsight functionality, lack of gear durability and cockpit textures in 2.5. Still hope that Heatblur wil lend a helping hand with those (or outright buy back the entire MiG21 module for a big "remaster")

But overall a great module packed with content. Well worth buying!

I see you decided to get it but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in for no good reason...

Apparently some people have taken a dive into the manuals and found its performance doesn't match what is list in the real aircrafts manuals. At least that's what I've gathered from the forum.

I really enjoy the aircraft though. It looks amazing but it is a little harder on your rig than other modules for performance. It's a lot of fun when you learn its strengths to take out gen 4 fighters and it is surprisingly useful in air to ground.

I see you decided to get it but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in for no good reason...

Apparently some people have taken a dive into the manuals and found its performance doesn't match what is list in the real aircrafts manuals. At least that's what I've gathered from the forum.

I really enjoy the aircraft though. It looks amazing but it is a little harder on your rig than other modules for performance. It's a lot of fun when you learn its strengths to take out gen 4 fighters and it is surprisingly useful in air to ground.

Most of the aircraft in DCS don't match their real world performance perfectly, but the goal really is to get it close as possible. That said, there does seem to be a greater disparity with the -21 than there is with others. It just needs the CE2 to be finished and then be given attention.

And as for the MiG in the air to ground aspect? Absolutely. The Fishbed, the Viggen, and the Harrier are my go-to platforms almost to the complete exemption of the A-10s, now. Just having the speed is so wonderful for survivability.

I certainly wouldn't bother, even on sale. DCS is supposed to be a hi fidelity flight simulator, the Flight model of the 21 is terrible and it's unlikely to ever get it right. Since i bought the module in 2014, it's had 20+ variations on the FM, all of which we were told were correct but they can't all be can they?

It's clear LN/M3 just don't have the coding prowess to pull it off. I just dearly hope that when the Mig23/27 comes out, it's done by ED or BST.

• Like 1