NS430 integration poll

cordite

NS430 integration poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. NS430 integration poll

• Yes
    • No, the pop-up is good enough

There are no 70's/80's maps. The only map outside of the GPS era is Normandy, which also predates the Yak-52.

Obsolescence wise, the 430 is arguably the older of the two; which is also one of the things that make it worthwhile to install in older aircraft IRL.

Why? Using only TACAN navigation in the F-5 and the F/A-18 :)

tacan is not basic, ndb/adf is....

Su34 & F111 a dream fullfilled in fsx...[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 5600, 1050ti, 16 GVram, win10 , TM W hotas&rudder, waiting for 1060/1070 price fall or a new gpu family..f*&9 miners :)

• 1 month later...

I voted "yes" but I can't see where a NS430 would fit.

It might fit on the rear dashboard below the main instruments but it would then be both unpractical (sitting low, behind the stick) for the rear seat and useless for the front seat pilot which I'm sure is what most of us use.

So it's also a solid "no" if it's not properly integrated.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I voted "yes" but I can't see where a NS430 would fit.

It might fit on the rear dashboard below the main instruments but it would then be both unpractical (sitting low, behind the stick) for the rear seat and useless for the front seat pilot which I'm sure is what most of us use.

So it's also a solid "no" if it's not properly integrated.

Wouldn't be useless at all, A lot of important stuff sits behind the stick on aircraft, the spitfire, has its magnetic compass there, the Mustang has its rocket/bomb selector as well as fuel tank selector and gunsight switch there.

I meant useless for the front seat if it's only fitted in the rear cockpit. But I get your point.

Still, I wouldn't be comfortable using an instrument as complex as this navigation system sitting behind the control stick. A few switches or a compass are fine though.

The only retrofits photos I've seen are modernised dashboards with the GPS in the center or a GPS unit fixed to the right side of the dashboard.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

• 4 months later...

Just slap it on the front dashboard and use tape to fasten it. What's the problem?

I never understood people who want LESS options.

If you don't want it - don't switch it on in the game settings. Using radio for navigation is not a purist approach - use the stars like our stone age ancestors (it's called STARboard for a reason, Frank!) who flew without any of this TACAN shamanism, then again Yak-52 flew near known cities for flight training, not some Soviet backwater like Georgia where you have to have some sort of navigation.

Edited by Cunning_Fox

All of the real Yak-52s I've sat in have had GPS units so... Yeah, Why not. lol

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 2 months later...

I think it's very good. Of course, you can choose whether to install it or not. It bothers me that F-5E can only set VOR channels, not NDB.

It would be interesting if GNS-430 could be displayed on more models, including GPS mode. Because there are available Approach plans and More Route Points in GNS-430, that's great.

I personally would love to see the ns430 in the yak..

Its the best aircraft in the game for real world training/learning, so why shouldnt you learn how to operate and fly with a gns430 since its pretty much standart in the real world on small aircraft..

I would vote no on the GPS on the Yak-52 since there are no GPSs in the 1970s and 1980, so therefore the ADF in the Yak-52 is used for navigation!! Thanks!!

Cheers,

Vincent

Because there's so muh difference between the 1970s Yak-52 and the one they are making yesterday. Oh wait, there isn't @@ It's also irrelevant, as this is a bolt on GPS in the first place. Whether it 'had it originally' or not doesn't matter. The Su-25A didn't have a GPS either, however the RF has bolted a Garmin on the dash in every one of their planes.

You'd still have to buy and enable the module for it anyway. It's not magically going to appear, nor would you have to use it even if it did.

Video game 'purists' are always so funny, because they're literally the ONLY purists. Nobody else cares. It's like paintball ''enthusiasts'' that are more 'military reg' than the real military because they like to play pretend.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

NS430 is an obvious choice, its an addon that isnt by any means a must have on the aircraft.

it would just work like the L39 and at least you dont have to give anything up to use it.

Many aircraft from many years ago use garmins that are bolted on as well as different transponders , radios and hell even instruments sometimes.

i say give it to most civil aircraft as it gives them a choice on if they wanna navigate vfr or ifr

• 1 month later...

I can send my panel cutout for when I put a IFD 440 in my first Yak 52. The Avidyne IFD-440 and the GNS 430 use the same tray and have the same pin out. You also save about 36 pounds by removing the original remote radio as well as the front and rear cockpit head units.

Viking22

Commercial Test Pilot

Yak-52 Owner

• 4 weeks later...