RealSimulator F/A-18 grip

And looks like it’ll fit the Warthog base - which means that it’ll fit the Virpil base!!! Hope the price for the home version are still within most people’s reach.

Cheers for posting

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I have the Realsimulator FSSB R3 Lighting, if it's anywhere near that quality it should be a great unit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Fantastic, no more waiting for Thrustmaster!

you're still gonna be waiting for this product... lol..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

you're still gonna be waiting for this product... lol..

As long as one of them moves quickly when the Hornet drops, who really cares which one...ya know? I will probably just jump at whichever launches first.

Although I would assume the RealSim would be better quality than TM's usual junk build.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

This is exciting. I have an FSSB R3 and it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made. Fewer moving parts the better. I just received the angle adapter and it made a surprising difference in the feel of the stick. Much better and natural feeling.

Anyways, Real Simulator puts out solid products and I’ll buy almost anything they sell. I just wish they would hire a dedicated translator. It’s hard to understand them sometimes.

Hope they do throttle handles as well!

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Hope they do throttle handles as well!

That is a completely different problem since the throttles are not connected by a simple and convenient DIN connector.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

This is exciting. I have an FSSB R3 and it’s one of the best purchases I’ve made. Fewer moving parts the better. I just received the angle adapter and it made a surprising difference in the feel of the stick. Much better and natural feeling.

Anyways, Real Simulator puts out solid products and I’ll buy almost anything they sell. I just wish they would hire a dedicated translator. It’s hard to understand them sometimes.

Do you use it for the A10? I know F16's work this way, but do you like it for A10 as well? Would it work well for a longer extension?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Do you use it for the A10? I know F16's work this way, but do you like it for A10 as well? Would it work well for a longer extension?

I've used mine for the A10 quite a bit, it felt a bit odd at first but it doesn't take long to adjust. The only thing I really don't like using it with is the WW2 props and Mi8/UH1.

RS has said no extensions under any circumstances, it would be very easy to overload and bend the plate that the strain gauges are mounted to.

I've used mine for the A10 quite a bit, it felt a bit odd at first but it doesn't take long to adjust. The only thing I really don't like using it with is the WW2 props and Mi8/UH1.

RS has said no extensions under any circumstances, it would be very easy to overload and bend the plate that the strain gauges are mounted to.

Makes sense since its force sensing. I think the R3 has a small extension/angler though. Well, it wouldn't work for me since I have to floor mount it. Thanks for the heads up.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I use it for all aircraft. I feel a side stick is the modern cockpit configuration. I have it setup as a side stick on my Obutto cockpit and have an arm rest like in an aircraft with a side stick. It was odd at first getting used to flying helicopters but then it becomes natural. As I mentioned before, the stick doesn’t really move at all so there is almost no wear on parts. No worrying about having to lubricate a moving gimbal.

The only reason I'd ever get the FSSB R3 is if an F-16 Module is launched. I prefer my controllers being as close as possible to the real thing. All of the DCS aircraft so far have a free moving stick between the legs.

Also, I bet the RS F-18 Grip is going to be expensive. I'm sure Thrustmaster's offering will be cheaper.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

The only reason I'd ever get the FSSB R3 is if an F-16 Module is launched. I prefer my controllers being as close as possible to the real thing. All of the DCS aircraft so far have a free moving stick between the legs.

Also, I bet the RS F-18 Grip is going to be expensive. I'm sure Thrustmaster's offering will be cheaper.

Ditto on all counts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

As long as it fits the warthog base that will be good. My warthog stick is kind of messed up anyway.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Does anyone know if the CMS hat button (under thumb) will be a 4-way hat switch or only a single press button?

If it's based on the real thing it'll be two way plus press.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I was told the same thing. No extensions. You could apply too much force and break the unit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Sounds like f-16 stick they had in the sim at Luke that I got a flight in back in the 90s the stick had almost no movement you just moved it a fraction of a fraction of an inch which for me was awkward and I was fighting it so much my arm was cramping

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Too bad that they don’t sell complete stick and throttle setups based on their mods where you doNt have to mod a cougar

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

If it's based on the real thing it'll be two way plus press.

I believe that if it's based on the real thing it should be three way plus press. As per the NATOPS manual:

"Center: Neutral

Forward: Selects AIM-7 and the corresponding radar format

Down: Selects AIM-9 and the corresponding radar format

Aft: Selects A/A Gun and the gun acquisition mode (GACQ)

Inward: Selects AIM-120 and the corresponding radar format"

Sounds like f-16 stick they had in the sim at Luke that I got a flight in back in the 90s the stick had almost no movement you just moved it a fraction of a fraction of an inch which for me was awkward and I was fighting it so much my arm was cramping

It is awkward for a while, but you get used to it. It's a great bit of kit, although it's not the best for helo flying so I've retired it for now.

RealSimulator F/A-18 grip

I believe that if it's based on the real thing it should be three way plus press. As per the NATOPS manual:

"Center: Neutral

Forward: Selects AIM-7 and the corresponding radar format

Down: Selects AIM-9 and the corresponding radar format

Aft: Selects A/A Gun and the gun acquisition mode (GACQ)

Inward: Selects AIM-120 and the corresponding radar format"

I believe you're correct. I've seen that it's 3-way many times but I believe it's a common misconception based on usage of the same stick design in other jets (i.e Harrier).

I believe the "left" position is unused and you've got the rest

Also found this from Wags (so it's technically a 5 position): https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3342593&postcount=3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: